[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v5.0.4 - All things Alien!

Post by Darkestnoir »

Since the last update, rails are partly invisible on the map (m).

Code: Select all

Natural_Evolution_Enemies_5.0.4

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Darkestnoir wrote:Since the last update, rails are partly invisible on the map (m).

I tried to make biters not attack rails. So I removed the "player-creation" flag. As a result, they won't show up on the mini-map.
I do believe that they will show up if you have a radar covering the area.

If it bugs you, you could just comment out lines 123 and 124 in the data-updates.lua file.

Chronosfear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chronosfear »

Hi,
thanks for the mod.
Im playing it for some hours already and it is somewhat hard. ( as you said )

If been forced to use quite a bunch of gun turrets and even do some research on them

Now I´m sitting in my large fortress ( cant kill bigger bitter nests yet ) :shock:
I´m asking myself if my tamed bitters can attack enemy bases ( or at least try to do so ) on their own. ( other than the "follow"-me item )
I don`t like them following me , cause i end up shooting my own bitters :twisted:

If not. I think it would be a nice option to have if possible ( maybe with a config on/off )

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Chronosfear wrote:Hi,
thanks for the mod.
Im playing it for some hours already and it is somewhat hard. ( as you said )

If been forced to use quite a bunch of gun turrets and even do some research on them

Now I´m sitting in my large fortress ( cant kill bigger bitter nests yet ) :shock:
I´m asking myself if my tamed bitters can attack enemy bases ( or at least try to do so ) on their own. ( other than the "follow"-me item )
I don`t like them following me , cause i end up shooting my own bitters :twisted:

If not. I think it would be a nice option to have if possible ( maybe with a config on/off )
Glad to hear the mod is doing it's job... making your life hard!
AI behavior / Biter control is not manages easily in this game. Your own biters will run and attack enemy units, if they get close enough, but it is all a little crude. I've also shot my own biters numerous times and then had to kill them :) Don't think there is much that can really be done at the moment...

I was thinking of maybe creating something like the Thumper, but calls your own units to it.

Remember that Bio Ammo works very well against the biters.

Have fun.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Moved to Gameplay / Vanilla+ on creator's request.
Former moderator.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

TheSAguy wrote:
Darkestnoir wrote:Since the last update, rails are partly invisible on the map (m).

I tried to make biters not attack rails. So I removed the "player-creation" flag. As a result, they won't show up on the mini-map
It also seems it prevents making blueprints of rails.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

hoho wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

I tried to make biters not attack rails. So I removed the "player-creation" flag. As a result, they won't show up on the mini-map
It could work better if you'd make them indestructible - wouldn't affect anything else and this flag seems important. Would need a test to see if they can still be mined with that flag set.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

orzelek wrote:
hoho wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

It could work better if you'd make them indestructible - wouldn't affect anything else and this flag seems important. Would need a test to see if they can still be mined with that flag set.
Orzelek,
Do you know where/how I set the Indestructible flag?
I got this answer from Adil, but not sure how to do it.

It's not prototype field, it's entity field. You need to do that when they are built.
Other way to try would be to remove "player-creation" from the prototype flags in definition or rails.
Thanks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You would need to set this flag on rail entity as it's build in the on built event.
Now that you mention that I'm no longer sure if thats a good idea - might be worth testing.

Info about entity flag is here:
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... structible

You would need to check if entity is rail-straight or rail-curved in on built event and set this flag to false on it (entity is in event as event.entity).

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darkestnoir »

Error while running the event handler: __Natural_Evolution_Enemies__/control.lua:116: bad argument #-1 to 'set_multi_command' (table expected, got nil)
Getting this sometimes when i am attacking alien bases.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Darkestnoir wrote:

Error while running the event handler: __Natural_Evolution_Enemies__/control.lua:116: bad argument #-1 to 'set_multi_command' (table expected, got nil)
Darkestnoir, what version of Factorio are you using? If you're using 12.10, are you using that version of my Mod?
Thanks.

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darkestnoir »

TheSAguy wrote:
Darkestnoir wrote:

Darkestnoir, what version of Factorio are you using? If you're using 12.10, are you using that version of my Mod?
Thanks.
Oh sorry, i am using 12.15. Every time when i attack enemy bases all aliens from the map running in to my base and then that.. Evolution by 89.3236%.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Darkestnoir wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
Darkestnoir wrote:

Thanks.
Oh sorry, i am using 12.15. Every time when i attack enemy bases all aliens from the map running in to my base and then that.. Evolution by 89.3236%.
Darkestnoir,
It's a feature that nearby enemies attack you when you kill a spawner.
I've tested version 5.0.4 with Factorio 12.15 and don't get any errors. Please give me a save if you're still having this issue.

Thanks.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Bug in this mod reported by Factorio dev, any chance of a fix? This mod is accessing offline players, which kills the game.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=17801

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

OvermindDL1 wrote:Bug in this mod reported by Factorio dev, any chance of a fix? This mod is accessing offline players, which kills the game.

I can't test at the moment.
Give the attached N.E. Enemies Control.lua file a try and let me know if that fixed the crash.
Attachments
control.lua
NE Enemies Control File
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 475 times

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

TheSAguy wrote:
OvermindDL1 wrote:Bug in this mod reported by Factorio dev, any chance of a fix? This mod is accessing offline players, which kills the game.

Give the attached N.E. Enemies Control.lua file a try and let me know if that fixed the crash.
Based on a cursory look of the code you changed it seems fixed, but will test it when I get a chance (work may prevent this for the next day or two...).
Thanks for the assistance. :-)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

TheSAguy wrote:

It failed due to:

Error while running the event handler:
__Natural_Evolution_Enemies__/control.lua:121: attempt to index local 'surface' (a nil value)
So it looks like your line at:

local surface = game.get_surface(0) -- i'm really not sure how surfaces work between different forces and entities so i mostly use this.
A quick hack would probably be:

local surface = game.get_surface("nauvis") -- World surface name
Or:

local surface = game.get_surface(1) -- Default world ID
As it seems the game is 1-indexed (ew...).

I put in 'get_surface("nauvis")' and that fixed that error, then causes:

Error while running the event handler:
__Natural_Evolution_Enemies__/control.lua:12: LuaEntity doesn't contain key character.
Which corresponds to this line in the code:

surface.set_multi_command{command = {type=defines.command.attack, target=player.character, distraction=defines.distraction.by_enemy},unit_count = (20+math.floor(game.evolution_factor*100)), unit_search_distance = 600}
And I am currently being yelled at to quit debugging so I cannot continue right now. :-)

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reddutton »

question here does this mod modify /change the behavior of the expansion chunk canadated for biters spawns? i am running mod verson 4.3.0 on 12.10 and when working in my base have the chunk active for expansion in the middle of my base
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

reddutton wrote:question here does this mod modify /change the behavior of the expansion chunk canadated for biters spawns? i am running mod verson 4.3.0 on 12.10 and when working in my base have the chunk active for expansion in the middle of my base
Yes, the higher the evolution factor, the closer they can expand to your base. At very high evo it's 0, so no restrictions.

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reddutton »

TheSAguy wrote:
reddutton wrote:question here does this mod modify /change the behavior of the expansion chunk canadated for biters spawns? i am running mod verson 4.3.0 on 12.10 and when working in my base have the chunk active for expansion in the middle of my base
Yes, the higher the evolution factor, the closer they can expand to your base. At very high evo it's 0, so no restrictions.
should this be the case after the removal of the mod as well? or only with the mod enabled?
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Return to “Mods”