Topics and discussion about specific mods
Fimlore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] WaiTex: A HD Texture Pack

Post by Fimlore »

keyboardhack wrote:
Fimlore wrote:Ola,

I tried checking the other pages to see if someone already posted this issue, but the texture of my character goes weird when I hold no tool and start mining. As soon as I have a pickaxe, there is no problem, but the long stick doesn't seem to work.

Other than that: awesome mod, much cleaner vision now :)
Try deleting you cropcache.dat file in your factorio folder. Factorio sometimes crop sprites wrong when the textures are changed for the first time.
Yes, I was searching for that file in my install folder, not realising that it might have been in my appdata\factorio folder; however, I just deleted the file and restarted Factorio, and the issue is still there :)

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Fimlore wrote:
keyboardhack wrote:
Fimlore wrote:Ola,

I tried checking the other pages to see if someone already posted this issue, but the texture of my character goes weird when I hold no tool and start mining. As soon as I have a pickaxe, there is no problem, but the long stick doesn't seem to work.

Other than that: awesome mod, much cleaner vision now :)
Try deleting you cropcache.dat file in your factorio folder. Factorio sometimes crop sprites wrong when the textures are changed for the first time.
Yes, I was searching for that file in my install folder, not realising that it might have been in my appdata\factorio folder; however, I just deleted the file and restarted Factorio, and the issue is still there :)
Found the cause of the problem(wrong function call :oops: ). It's fixed in the next update thanks to you :)
Waste of bytes : P

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

New Version
Version 0.6.0
Change list
Full version: https://dl.orangedox.com/TYAqvMaTvtlWbH ... _0.6.0.zip
1GB version: https://dl.orangedox.com/kRBF44TV3s6lH6 ... _0.6.0.zip
1GB VERSION DISABLED TEXTURES

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] WaiTex 0.6.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by Peter34 »

It's really a pity that the Steam Engine in particular can't be indluded in the 1 GB version. Unlike the other excluded HD textures, Steam Engines are an integral part of most early-to-mid game factories, and occupies a lot of real estate.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Peter34 wrote:It's really a pity that the Steam Engine in particular can't be indluded in the 1 GB version. Unlike the other excluded HD textures, Steam Engines are an integral part of most early-to-mid game factories, and occupies a lot of real estate.
Most of the disabled textures are disabled due to their sheer size and not much else.
If i could then i would like to add the player to the 1 GB version but to do that i would have to exclude a lot of smaller textures to make it all fit.
Same goes for the steam engine. It's just too big.
If you have an idea of which textures to disable to allow the steam engine into the 1GB version then please share it so we can discuss it.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Beacon, Lab, and Assembler Machine 3 specifically (1 and 2 are the ones most used), would probably take you some of the way, but I doubt all the way.

The various ores on the ground AFAIK use several different bitmaps each depending on remaining density, so if you drop Stone/Coal/Copper Ore/Iron Ore then that should free a bit more space. Probably not enough, but those would be my suggestions.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Peter34 wrote:Beacon, Lab, and Assembler Machine 3 specifically (1 and 2 are the ones most used), would probably take you some of the way, but I doubt all the way.

The various ores on the ground AFAIK use several different bitmaps each depending on remaining density, so if you drop Stone/Coal/Copper Ore/Iron Ore then that should free a bit more space. Probably not enough, but those would be my suggestions.
I would rather drop assembler 1, because once you get 2 or 3 you'll hardly ever go back.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

The new biter and spitter spawners are beautiful.

After drooling over it for some amount of minutes a flood warning was issued in my town.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

SuicidalKid wrote:
Peter34 wrote: Beacon, Lab, and Assembler Machine 3 specifically (1 and 2 are the ones most used), would probably take you some of the way, but I doubt all the way.

I would rather drop assembler 1, because once you get 2 or 3 you'll hardly ever go back.
Removing Assembling machine 1, the lab, beacon, all ores is only half the size of the steam engine. Even removing all the assembling machines is not enough to do it.
FishSandwich wrote:The new biter and spitter spawners are beautiful.

After drooling over it for some amount of minutes a flood warning was issued in my town.
:D :shock:

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

SuicidalKid wrote:I would rather drop assembler 1, because once you get 2 or 3 you'll hardly ever go back.
I disagree. Assembler 1 can and will be used in cases where speed isn't overly important.

Or where speed is irrelevant. The Landfill mod takes 20 Stone to make 1 unit of Landfill in 0.5 seconds, so there's no reason to use a machine faster than Assembler 1 since you still won't be able to move the Stone into the machine fast enough to take advantage of any increased crafting speed (barring absurd setups with something like 9 Fast Inserters all shovelling Stone into the machine).

Assembler 3, on the other hand, is only very rarely used. In almost all cases, it's better to just use 2 or 3 Assembler 2 machines.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Peter34 wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote:I would rather drop assembler 1, because once you get 2 or 3 you'll hardly ever go back.
I disagree. Assembler 1 can and will be used in cases where speed isn't overly important.

Or where speed is irrelevant. The Landfill mod takes 20 Stone to make 1 unit of Landfill in 0.5 seconds, so there's no reason to use a machine faster than Assembler 1 since you still won't be able to move the Stone into the machine fast enough to take advantage of any increased crafting speed (barring absurd setups with something like 9 Fast Inserters all shovelling Stone into the machine).

Assembler 3, on the other hand, is only very rarely used. In almost all cases, it's better to just use 2 or 3 Assembler 2 machines.
It's all about preference. I only use assembling machines 3 because i am too lazy to use different versions of the same machine. Lots of people only use one version and lots of people use different versions, thus it's about preference/lazyness/priorities.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12] WaiTex 0.7.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by keyboardhack »

Took a while and i had to temporarily disable some textures to get this version out of the door but here it is. Hopefully i didn't screw anything up :D

New version
Factorio version: 0.12
Version 0.7.0
-- Added new small lamp
-- Added new combinators
-- Added new storage tank
-- Added new chain signal
-- Added new destoryer robot
-- Added new distractor robot
-- Added new defence robot
-- Added new rocket silo
-- Added new rocket silo rocket
-- Removed trees
-- Removed gun turret
-- Removed laser turret
Full version: https://dl.orangedox.com/e9z7AUoTyIFqAV ... _0.7.0.zip
1GB version: https://dl.orangedox.com/T1RxwmcI4FDlRn ... _0.7.0.zip
1GB VERSION DISABLED TEXTURES

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

something is wrong with the 'horizontal pipe connection thing'

http://postimg.org/image/53t1irat9/

was waiting for your release - love the mod :D

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Thanks keyboardhack for the hard work. :)

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

When the active my menu background which is usually grey is getting 100% transparent, leaving only the white text on the buttons. Check boxes and text input fields in the options menu, world generation and save menu and so on are all invisible. When the game started, everything was black and I couldn't see anything except for my mouse, some numbers in my quickbar (also black, besides the numbers) and some green bars and numbers in the weapon/tool/ammo bar.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Using the 1gb version now, seems to work fine.
Last edited by FalcoGer on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

FalcoGer wrote:When the active my menu background which is usually grey is getting 100% transparent, leaving only the white text on the buttons. Check boxes and text input fields in the options menu, world generation and save menu and so on are all invisible. When the game started, everything was black and I couldn't see anything except for my mouse, some numbers in my quickbar (also black, besides the numbers) and some green bars and numbers in the weapon/tool/ammo bar.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
That's a problem with not having enough video ram. Have you tried the 1GB version?

WoodyDaOcas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WoodyDaOcas »

gr0mpel wrote:something is wrong with the 'horizontal pipe connection thing'

yeah, I noticed that yesterday, too :) Not such a big problem, but something is off there, sure :)
Thanks for this pack!

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

Any idea why the game says that this mod requires sync? Doesn't it only changes some visuals sans any game-state effects?
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

gr0mpel wrote: something is wrong with the 'horizontal pipe connection thing'

I will get right on it!
FishSandwich wrote: Thanks keyboardhack for the hard work. :)
Thanks for the kind words :)
Dev-iL wrote: Any idea why the game says that this mod requires sync? Doesn't it only changes some visuals sans any game-state effects?
Yes basicly if a mod contains a control.lua or any of the three data.lua variations then the game think the mods changes the game state. I need a data.lua to change textures so the game thinks my mod changes the game state even though it doesn't.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

keyboardhack wrote:
gr0mpel wrote: something is wrong with the 'horizontal pipe connection thing'

I will get right on it!
I actually think this is a factorio bug currently happenning,
I have the same bug and don't use the pack (yet)

Return to “Mods”