[MOD 0.17.x] WaiTex 1.3.5: A HD Texture Pack

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sturmtruppe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] WaiTex 0.9.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by Sturmtruppe »

Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Sturmtruppe wrote:Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.
If you already have mods installed then just do the same thing to install WaiTex. Every modification of the base game is a mod in Factorio so they are all installed the same way. I found a video that explains how to install mods quite well. Factorio Tutorial - How To Install Mods
Waste of bytes : P

exinq
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by exinq »

keyboardhack wrote:
Sturmtruppe wrote:Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.
If you already have mods installed then just do the same thing to install WaiTex. Every modification of the base game is a mod in Factorio so they are all installed the same way. I found a video that explains how to install mods quite well. [How To Install Mod]
If you can't find mods directory
C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

AntiElite wrote:Great mod! I love it.
Might you add sharper textures of the Fast transport belt and the express transport belt as well? I know you edited them already, but they still looks shitty beside a basic transport belt.
Got an update on the transport belts.
c
c
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (2.84 MiB) Viewed 7263 times
Have added most missing textures for the 1.0.0 release but there is still a few bugs i have to fix before i can release it :D

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

Hello there.

So I installed the mod, started a new game, but as soon as I maximize my window, everything turns black, except for the player, minimap and texts. Even the menu buttons.
So I tried to delete the crop cache and restart the game, but that didn't help at all.

Fullscreen looks same. Only way to make it work is to not resize my window AT ALL, which is pretty problematic since I'm using 27" screen.

It's my only mod. And it's certainly working before I change the window size, I can see those textures being way more detailed.

Sending a screenshot.
Any ideas?

Thank you
Screenshot
Screenshot
Factorio_Textures_bug.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 7243 times
Last edited by LyrickCZE on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<rob> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

LyrickCZE wrote:Hello there.

So I installed the mod, started a new game, but as soon as I maximize my window, everything turns black, except for the player, minimap and texts. Even the menu buttons.
So I tried to delete the crop cache and restart the game, but that didn't help at all.

Fullscreen looks same. Only way to make it work is to not resize my window AT ALL, which is pretty problematic since I'm using 27" screen.

Sending a screenshot.
Any ideas?

Thank you
That's a problem with not having enough vram. Have you tried the 1GB version?

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

I didn't yet, what's the difference?
EDIT: Nvm this question, already seen that. But yea still, I have more than enough VRAM if it only needs 1,5GB

But I don't think VRAM should be a problem, I'm running GTX 970 with 4GB and 32GB system RAM...

EDIT2: There is certainly something weird going on. I just noticed if I start the game with the fullscreen ALREADY enabled, everything displays properly.
Goes black as soon I a switch back to windowed though.

EDIT3: No change with the 1GB version.

I don't get it man, I'm running stuff like Witcher 3, GTA V or AC: Syndicate with zero issues.
Drivers are up to date, so is the system (Win10 btw).

EDIT4: Deleted all folders and reinstalled the game to try default settings. Only thing I changed was to add your mod. Still, goes black. I'm out of ideas, guess no improved textures for me.
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

LyrickCZE wrote:I didn't yet, what's the difference?
EDIT: Nvm this question, already seen that. But yea still, I have more than enough VRAM if it only needs 1,5GB

But I don't think VRAM should be a problem, I'm running GTX 970 with 4GB and 32GB system RAM...

EDIT2: There is certainly something weird going on. I just noticed if I start the game with the fullscreen ALREADY enabled, everything displays properly.
Goes black as soon I a switch back to windowed though.

EDIT3: No change with the 1GB version.

I don't get it man, I'm running stuff like Witcher 3, GTA V or AC: Syndicate with zero issues.
Drivers are up to date, so is the system (Win10 btw).

EDIT4: Deleted all folders and reinstalled the game to try default settings. Only thing I changed was to add your mod. Still, goes black. I'm out of ideas, guess no improved textures for me.
Sadly there is nothing else to do than reporting it as a bug here.
Attach the version of WaiTex that causes the crash, the log file and your pc specs.

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

Meh, too much work for something I don't really need :)

Anyways, thanks for your help.
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Version 1.0.0
  • added express-transport-belt
  • added fast-transport-belt
  • added gun-turret
  • added trees
  • added biters
  • added spitters
  • added worms
  • updated spawners
Full version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip
2GB version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip
1GB version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip

The mod has been compressed so this version is actually smaller than the 0.9.0 version!
Last edited by keyboardhack on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

keyboardhack wrote:The have been compressed so this version is actually smaller than the 0.9.0 version!
The what?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] WaiTex 1.0.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by orzelek »

Ok this is getting close to insanity in VRAM usage ;)

Fortunately 3GB is still enough for this and bunch of other mods... but seems liek 4GB card might be needed soon-ish :D
(ca 2.3GB VRAM usage reported on GPU)

I didn't have time to look at the results closely yet - looks promising tho :D

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

devilwarriors wrote:
keyboardhack wrote:The have been compressed so this version is actually smaller than the 0.9.0 version!
The what?
Was meant to say "the mod has..." but apparently by brain read right over the error :)
orzelek wrote:Ok this is getting close to insanity in VRAM usage ;)

Fortunately 3GB is still enough for this and bunch of other mods... but seems liek 4GB card might be needed soon-ish :D
(ca 2.3GB VRAM usage reported on GPU)

I didn't have time to look at the results closely yet - looks promising tho :D
Yeah i had to split the mod up into three versions this time because the full version of the mod now uses a little over 2gb of vram. Biter and tree animations fill a lot, around ~700mb.

Can i see the mods that you are using? Want to make sure that WaiTex mod integration works as it's supposed to do.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Thats what I'm runnig atm:
list
Didn't have time to play much today so not much testing. There is also a mod that upgrades bob's mods items I'm planning to test (ExtraChests_0.1.2) but I'm assuming it won't be compatible since it has it's own graphics added to recolour stuff.

Edit:
If you are of curious variety start the game and then run this command:

Code: Select all

/c game.save_atlas()
After it thinks for quite long go and look in directory where binary file is. Might need to make sure app can write there (so it's not in program files etc).

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

thank you! But...
you can sign them in detail
for example WaiTex_1.0.0_Full.zip - WaiTex_1.0.0.zip
one name for all is a bad idea
2) 2GB version, 1GB version, Full
it is unclear what it means! Write an explanation in the header.
3) what does it mean WaiTex?
English is not my native language. Translator.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

orzelek wrote:Thats what I'm runnig atm:

Didn't have time to play much today so not much testing. There is also a mod that upgrades bob's mods items I'm planning to test (ExtraChests_0.1.2) but I'm assuming it won't be compatible since it has it's own graphics added to recolour stuff.

Edit:
If you are of curious variety start the game and then run this command:

Code: Select all

/c game.save_atlas()
After it thinks for quite long go and look in directory where binary file is. Might need to make sure app can write there (so it's not in program files etc).
That's quite a lot of mods you play with :). I have already talked to a few mod devs about using masks(texture used to color entities) and if possible then i will see if it's possible for a mod to utilise masks more. Unfortunately trains, wagons, radars and tiles can't use masks yet which is sadly also a few items that uses a lot of vram.
That command is an absolutely life saver and i have used it a lot to figure out what entities i should remove from the 1 and 2 GB versions already.

Factorio2016 wrote:thank you! But...
you can sign them in detail
for example WaiTex_1.0.0_Full.zip - WaiTex_1.0.0.zip
one name for all is a bad idea
2) 2GB version, 1GB version, Full
it is unclear what it means! Write an explanation in the header.
3) what does it mean WaiTex?
WaiTex is an acronym made from the name of this github project and the word Texture.
As for the naming scheme i might change it but i will have to look into the consequences first.
I will write a better description of what the different versions are and why WaiTex needs them.

I Also added lots of new images to the first post.
Last edited by keyboardhack on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

First of all, thanks for all the hard work, it looks great! I was wondering if there's any way possible to prevent the game from displaying "base->WaiTex" in yellow in the info-box when I hover my mouse over an entity? The rest of the text is white, and that yellow immediately draws the eye and is very distracting.

Duckers
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Duckers »

Error

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Targa wrote:First of all, thanks for all the hard work, it looks great! I was wondering if there's any way possible to prevent the game from displaying "base->WaiTex" in yellow in the info-box when I hover my mouse over an entity? The rest of the text is white, and that yellow immediately draws the eye and is very distracting.
There is no way to disable that yet. You could make an suggestion to add that here
Duckers wrote:Error

Did you place the mod in the base folder? If so then just move it to the mods folder.

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

This error also happens when you rename the .zip file as I did when first trying it out. I simply renamed it with _1GB at the end and it would complain same as yours.
<bawss> Right click.

Return to “Mods”