[MOD 0.17.x] WaiTex 1.3.5: A HD Texture Pack

Topics and discussion about specific mods
keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] WaiTex 1.2.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by keyboardhack »

Running out of textures to improve. I think the only texture WaiTex is missing right now is the boiler which is missing because i can't not make it look like shit.

Factorio version 0.14
Version 1.2.0
  • Added circuit connector thingie
  • Added transport belt circuit connector
Full version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.2.0.zip
Waste of bytes : P

michael-68438
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by michael-68438 »

@keyboardhack

Thanks, deleting and redownloading the mod fixed it. Factorio must've broken it sometime before 0.13.20.

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Hi, I'm playing with the unofficial Dytech update. I'm getting this error when i try to use Waitex with DyTech-Power:
waitex-dytech error

Code: Select all

Error Util.cpp:57: Failed to load mod "WaiTex_Full 1.2.0"
__WaiTex_Full__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: __WaiTex_Full__/prototypes/Override-Functions.lua:43: attempt to perform arithmetic on a table value
I understand it's an issue with Dytech-Power, but the person that made the unofficial Dytech update says he doesn't know what's going on. Any help? It only happens with Dytech-Power. Waitex is not conflicting with any other Dytech module or any other mods I use.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

--[[table: 000000000F98C6D0]]
 171.906 Script Override-Functions.lua:36: {
  filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/steam-engine/steam-engine-horizontal.png",
  frame_count = 32,
  height = 137,
  line_length = 8,
  scale = {  ---------------------------------------------<<------
    a = 1,
    b = 0.074999999999999997,
    g = 0.27100000000000002,
    r = 0.54500000000000004
  } --[[table: 000000000F48ACD0]],
  shift = {
  } --[[table: 000000000F98C9D0]],
  width = 246
} --[[table: 000000000F98C970]]
Well there is the offending table scale :)

tracing it back

dytech-high-entity.lua line 42

horizontal_animation = SteamHorizontalPictures(1, SteamEngineTint.mk1),
vertical_animation = SteamVerticalPictures(1, SteamEngineTint.mk1),

dytech:functions lua line 180 (and vertical on line 194) same issue
function SteamHorizontalPictures(Type, Scale, Tint)

Conclusion Dytech bug: SteamHorizontalPictures wants Type, Scale, Tint .... high-entity is only sending scale and tint not type. so type is being set as 1, and scale is being set as the tint table

Since the function isn't using the type change both of the functions in functions.lua by removing Type
function SteamHorizontalPictures(Scale, Tint)
function SteamVerticalPictures(Scale, Tint)

In tracking this down I did manage to create a 1 gigabyte log file..........

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

ytsejam wrote:Hi, I'm playing with the unofficial Dytech update. I'm getting this error when i try to use Waitex with DyTech-Power:
waitex-dytech error

__WaiTex_Full__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: __WaiTex_Full__/prototypes/Override-Functions.lua:43: attempt to perform arithmetic on a table value
I understand it's an issue with Dytech-Power, but the person that made the unofficial Dytech update says he doesn't know what's going on. Any help? It only happens with Dytech-Power. Waitex is not conflicting with any other Dytech module or any other mods I use.
As Nexela already said it's a problem with DyTech that i solved a long time ago). I have already talked with kasandraen and it should be solved soon.

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Nexela wrote:

--[[table: 000000000F98C6D0]]
 171.906 Script Override-Functions.lua:36: {
  filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/steam-engine/steam-engine-horizontal.png",
  frame_count = 32,
  height = 137,
  line_length = 8,
  scale = {  ---------------------------------------------<<------
    a = 1,
    b = 0.074999999999999997,
    g = 0.27100000000000002,
    r = 0.54500000000000004
  } --[[table: 000000000F48ACD0]],
  shift = {
  } --[[table: 000000000F98C9D0]],
  width = 246
} --[[table: 000000000F98C970]]
Well there is the offending table scale :)

tracing it back

dytech-high-entity.lua line 42

horizontal_animation = SteamHorizontalPictures(1, SteamEngineTint.mk1),
vertical_animation = SteamVerticalPictures(1, SteamEngineTint.mk1),

dytech:functions lua line 180 (and vertical on line 194) same issue
function SteamHorizontalPictures(Type, Scale, Tint)

Conclusion Dytech bug: SteamHorizontalPictures wants Type, Scale, Tint .... high-entity is only sending scale and tint not type. so type is being set as 1, and scale is being set as the tint table

Since the function isn't using the type change both of the functions in functions.lua by removing Type
function SteamHorizontalPictures(Scale, Tint)
function SteamVerticalPictures(Scale, Tint)

In tracking this down I did manage to create a 1 gigabyte log file..........
keyboardhack wrote:
ytsejam wrote:Hi, I'm playing with the unofficial Dytech update. I'm getting this error when i try to use Waitex with DyTech-Power:
waitex-dytech error

As Nexela already said it's a problem with DyTech that i solved a long time ago). I have already talked with kasandraen and it should be solved soon.
Hey, thanks. I tried to look at Dytech-Power code, but it's greek to me :) hope it can be sorted out soon, Waitex is in my "essential" mods list.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

ytsejam wrote:
keyboardhack wrote:
waitex-dytech error

Hey, thanks. I tried to look at Dytech-Power code, but it's greek to me :) hope it can be sorted out soon, Waitex is in my "essential" mods list.
It's great to hear that my mod is being used :)
I uploaded a fixed version of Dytech power for everyone who has the problem here.

max.power
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by max.power »

To be understood with all respect and appreciation for your great work.

Or maybe sb can tell me how to get it work with the 0.15 steam version. :-)
Attachments
72386813.jpg
72386813.jpg (85.75 KiB) Viewed 9992 times

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

max.power wrote:To be understood with all respect and appreciation for your great work.

Or maybe sb can tell me how to get it work with the 0.15 steam version. :-)
Where did you get the 0.15 version? That version isn't even out yet.
Besides that, 0.15 factorio is supposed to have high res textures (not all parts of the game but at least some) in the base game.

max.power
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by max.power »

Marc90 wrote:Where did you get the 0.15 version? That version isn't even out yet.
Besides that, 0.15 factorio is supposed to have high res textures (not all parts of the game but at least some) in the base game.
You are right. It's not 0.15 - sorry. But in the mods-section of my factorio-menu it says, that the mod is not compatible with the factorio version. The versions btw. differ between the "about" page and in the mod page. I don't understand...
Edit: Sorry - got it working. Please ignore my postes and i will die in shame.
And since this is my first game with waitex: wow - that's really great work!

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

Just thought I'd mention another super-resolution tool that's been discussed lately in some parts of the interweb: Neural Enhance.
Here's an example of what this tool is able to do:

Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Axios »

Hi,

first of all thanks for this awesome mod!

ETA for 1 Gb vram version of the 1.2.0 release?

Thanks.

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

Can anyone tell me why this causes a bug when trying to start the game?

data.raw["beacon"].radius_visualisation_picture = { filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/beacon/beacon-radius-visualization.png",
      width = 24,
      height = 24 }
data.raw["beacon"].supply_area_distance = 6
I'm trying to use the latest Waitex with an updated version of my Better Beacons mod found here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=23094
I get an error like /prototypes/Base-override.lua:1396: attempt to index local 'v1' (a number value)

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Axios wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Sorry for the late response.
I don't think i will make one this time around. Atleast not before 0.15 is out. If HD in 0.15 doesn't cover enough entities then i will update WaiTex to 0.15 and release a 1gb version. If you still want to use WaiTex then you can make a 1gb version youself by disabling textures in the file AllowedTextureChanges.lua by changing AvailableGB to 1 instead of 3 and maybe setting enabled to false for a few entitites in that same file.
Targa wrote:Can anyone tell me why this causes a bug when trying to start the game?

data.raw["beacon"].radius_visualisation_picture = { filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/beacon/beacon-radius-visualization.png",
      width = 24,
      height = 24 }
data.raw["beacon"].supply_area_distance = 6
I'm trying to use the latest Waitex with an updated version of my Better Beacons mod found here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=23094
I get an error like /prototypes/Base-override.lua:1396: attempt to index local 'v1' (a number value)
Are you sure your link leads to the newest version of the mod? Seems like the link leads to a version that's only compatible with factorio 0.12 and not 0.14 that WaiTex expects.
EDIT: A week without a response, i will assume it's not an issue with WaiTex.

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Axios »

keyboardhack wrote:
Axios wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Sorry for the late response.
I don't think i will make one this time around. Atleast not before 0.15 is out. If HD in 0.15 doesn't cover enough entities then i will update WaiTex to 0.15 and release a 1gb version. If you still want to use WaiTex then you can make a 1gb version youself by disabling textures in the file AllowedTextureChanges.lua by changing AvailableGB to 1 instead of 3 and maybe setting enabled to false for a few entitites in that same file.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the even more late reply to your reply.

I skipped all mods because I'm tryingobtain all achievements. However I started a second game with several mods waiting 0.15, so I just downloaded WaiTex.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

I realise that 0.15 is right around the corner, but my base is getting bigger every day and every detail counts, so I extracted waitex, deleted the zip, went into the folder and ran this command:

find . -type f -iname '*.png' -exec pngquant --skip-if-larger --strip --ext .png --force {} \;
Which reduced the size of all the PNG files from 540+ Mb (if I remember correctly, but you can check that yourself from the mod download) to 136,4 Mb.
Visually, in game, it looks the same.

Whether or not it will have any impact on performance or load times, I don't know.
But it's interesting.

EDIT: I ran it on factorio/data/base/graphics, reducing its size from 125mb to 53mb. Zero adverse affects on gameplay that I can see.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

folk wrote:I realise that 0.15 is right around the corner, but my base is getting bigger every day and every detail counts, so I extracted waitex, deleted the zip, went into the folder and ran this command:

find . -type f -iname '*.png' -exec pngquant --skip-if-larger --strip --ext .png --force {} \;
Which reduced the size of all the PNG files from 540+ Mb (if I remember correctly, but you can check that yourself from the mod download) to 136,4 Mb.
Visually, in game, it looks the same.

Whether or not it will have any impact on performance or load times, I don't know.
But it's interesting.

EDIT: I ran it on factorio/data/base/graphics, reducing its size from 125mb to 53mb. Zero adverse affects on gameplay that I can see.
pngquant is a very good lossy image compressor. WaiTex uses the following pngquant command to compress all the images:

"pngquant --quality=70-80 --speed 1 " + "\"" + Filepath + "\"" + " --ext .png --force"
The compression reduces the size of the images from 749mb to 148mb. Current mod size limit is 150mb. Compression is certainly nessesary so if you have any good compression ideas then please share them. A previous discussion about mod compressino can be found here.

The size of texture images does have an impact on load times so reducing it's usually a good thing to do.
Reducing the size of the games textures by 75mb is quite considerable and something the devs should think about doing.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

I distinctly remember the folder being 540mb, but now I realise I misread it - and it was probably 154. My apologies.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] WaiTex 1.2.1: A HD Texture Pack

Post by keyboardhack »

Version 1.2.1
  • Added support for built in high res textures. Waitex textures will not be used if there is a high res texture instead.
Full version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.2.1.zip

There won't be a version with less vram usage as that's already tweakable in factorios settings.

Adventurer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] WaiTex 1.2.1: A HD Texture Pack

Post by Adventurer »

Throws an error on startup about coal.

Return to “Mods”