Topics and discussion about specific mods
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Cursed Bugs

Post by L0771 »

- Bug report -

Please, consider before posting:
  • Post the crash-message of factorio ("__Cursed-Exp__/xx.lua: ...")
  • Which version are you using
  • Explain how to reproduce it
  • Add images
  • Add a save/map
  • Possible solution
  • Respect the rules

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Cursed Bugs

Post by varn »

Error when clicking the all button for the parts in the inventory "Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:4346:attempt to concatenate global 'tier' ( a nil value ) " I also get a popup saying Inventory Full, meanwhile at least half of my inventory is empty.
Also is a lvl 15 bow supposed to have 28/s shooting speed? compared to the old 0,3, while its dmg is only halved seems a bit op

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

varn wrote:Error when clicking the all button for the parts in the inventory "Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:4346:attempt to concatenate global 'tier' ( a nil value ) " I also get a popup saying Inventory Full, meanwhile at least half of my inventory is empty.
The first happens in 2 buttons, the second in all buttons when you don't have talents or talent parts, and both fixed in the next update.
Try avoid this buttons for now
varn wrote:Also is a lvl 15 bow supposed to have 28/s shooting speed? compared to the old 0,3, while its dmg is only halved seems a bit op
Isn't a bug, i'm talking about it here, i'm trying to balance the mid-game, have better attackspeed, but a low multiplier, happen the same with armor, maybe is unbalanced, and my idea of a bow is low attackspeed and high damage, but is starting... I don't saw any using the bow... i'm trying to give a chance

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

L0771 wrote:
varn wrote:Also is a lvl 15 bow supposed to have 28/s shooting speed? compared to the old 0,3, while its dmg is only halved seems a bit op
Isn't a bug, i'm talking about it here, i'm trying to balance the mid-game, have better attackspeed, but a low multiplier, happen the same with armor, maybe is unbalanced, and my idea of a bow is low attackspeed and high damage, but is starting... I don't saw any using the bow... i'm trying to give a chance
Altough the bow was my favorite thing in the mod from the start(I was farming it from the very beginning to finally onehit small biters), it did seem pretty weak. Buffing it was a good thing, I'm just thinking it's a bit too far. The damage was halved and the attack speed multiplied by around 90. I went from barely taking off biters to annihilating bases with 3-4 spawners and a few worms with the update. (I'm not complaining, just giving feedback).

Also, once I press these buttons they seem to be "stuck":
I got all the parts and talents to my normal inventory nice and shine, but every time I got a new one they automatically landed there.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

varn wrote:Altough the bow was my favorite thing in the mod from the start(I was farming it from the very beginning to finally onehit small biters), it did seem pretty weak. Buffing it was a good thing, I'm just thinking it's a bit too far. The damage was halved and the attack speed multiplied by around 90. I went from barely taking off biters to annihilating bases with 3-4 spawners and a few worms with the update. (I'm not complaining, just giving feedback).
I'ts ok, but before, to kill 1 big bitter, Only with regeneration, you needs some billions of arrows (and i think isn't possible with a bow lvl 20-30).
I think now need attackspeed / 4 from the beginning... or attackspeed / 8 and dmg * 2 (or 1.5)...
varn wrote:Also, once I press these buttons they seem to be "stuck":
I got all the parts and talents to my normal inventory nice and shine, but every time I got a new one they automatically landed there.
Ok, solved too, i'll post a new update today, when i back from college

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

L0771 wrote:
varn wrote:Altough the bow was my favorite thing in the mod from the start(I was farming it from the very beginning to finally onehit small biters), it did seem pretty weak. Buffing it was a good thing, I'm just thinking it's a bit too far. The damage was halved and the attack speed multiplied by around 90. I went from barely taking off biters to annihilating bases with 3-4 spawners and a few worms with the update. (I'm not complaining, just giving feedback).
I'ts ok, but before, to kill 1 big bitter, Only with regeneration, you needs some billions of arrows (and i think isn't possible with a bow lvl 20-30).
I think now need attackspeed / 4 from the beginning... or attackspeed / 8 and dmg * 2 (or 1.5)...
I think it should be balanced similar to the cursed tool. Starting off it's worse or par with the pistol, but definitely worse than a machine gun, and with enough lvls and talents it could become stronger than those. Maybe later upgrade to do fire/acid/explosive dmg? Just throwing ideas around. BTW your dedication is amazing, keep up the good work

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

Odd crash when killing spawners with bow. My guess is that it's related to the experience, if I only get enough xp to lvl up once and then get some I don't crash, if I would level twice it does. At least thats what I assume since killing enough biters to gain one level then lasthitting the spawner that crashed me before always worked.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

varn wrote:Odd crash when killing spawners with bow. My guess is that it's related to the experience, if I only get enough xp to lvl up once and then get some I don't crash, if I would level twice it does. At least thats what I assume since killing enough biters to gain one level then lasthitting the spawner that crashed me before always worked.
Thanks! 1 or 2 times crashes killing stuff with the bow, but i never know why, i can't reproduce.
Maybe solved for next update, i don't know why is it, but is a good start. :P

buc01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by buc01 »

Honestly not sure whats going on, everything was working fine then suddenly i got this error message,
Within my world/save/game i can reproduce it by moving a few steps, im guessing its got something to do with the explorer level? I honestly don't know.

Worth noting is that i am running many mods at once, as the error specifically referenced your mod i assume the actual exception is being triggered by your mod, but i am very new to modding factorio, this is my first modded play through.
Attachments
cursed_exp_error.png
cursed_exp_error.png (79.65 KiB) Viewed 18232 times

buc01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by buc01 »

no body knows what caused the error i posted? damnit :(

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

buc01 wrote:no body knows what caused the error i posted? damnit :(
Well, mod author probably does, however it looks like he is afk for past few days (he usually responds within 24h).

I looked at the code and from what I understand it is caused by the 'bank'. To be specific it is checking the distance between player and bank.. probably that is the reason why you take few steps and then crash.

What I can suggest is to try and put your bank near you and then try going out of its range. It may (or may not) fix the problem.

Tim2162286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tim2162286 »

propbly a mod incapatability, will try and do some testing.

When i added cursed exp to a hardcorio world, i got the folowing crash on trying to open the cursed gui
Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:8: attempt to index local gui

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:8: attempt to index local 'gui' (a nil value
However, if i start a new game without modifing any mods, then i have no issues opening the gui.(haven't acualy done anything in the new gamel, so might be something that happens later in the game)

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

Regen stat doesn't work... at all :(
I just compared how long it takes to fully regen your hp after 2 donations with regen stat=0 and regen stat=16
it took the same time sooo.. looks broken :(

[edit] looking at tutorial the regen SHOULD be = 0.3 per defence_stat (per sec? I guess)... and it looks like it should also be the same for the regen_stat.
Vanilla regen is about 0.6/sec so it feels a bit OP.. maybe.. on the other hand T5 talent is not cheap so.. not sure. Definitely needs testing.
Anyway - it is not working now. Trying to fix it.. among other bugs I ran into in the meantime.
[/edit]

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

New version with several fixes. I hope L0771 will approve and integrate this into main release when he will come back. :)

Very brief description of changes:
  • 1) cursed generator was producing less energy than intended and in some instances wasn't outputting at a constant rate ( I observed some rly strange fluctuations probably caused by slight tick-lag). All that has been fixed.

2) L0771 mentioned new formula for generator output ( roughly buffing it by 50% ). That is already included.
    (now about 1MW @lvl 25, 1.7MW@40, 3MW@64, 4MW@65)

3) cursed generator at lvl 64 was better than at lvl 65. Fixed.

4) hp regen was not working at all. Fixed, now gives player ( 0.3 * regen_skill_lvl + 0.3 * defence_skill_lvl ) hp per second, but hp is applied once per 3sec. ( as in you are healed for 3 times the amount but only once per 3sec) Why every 3sec.. no idea, but L0771 designed it like that so I'm leaving it as it is.

5) some Oxygen mod integration stuff was launched roughly once per 60 ticks instead of once per 200 ticks as intended. I'm not using Oxygen so no idea if that changes anything important

6) part of code related to generating random talent parts was launched once per 60 ticks instead of once per 180 ticks as intended. That means a nerf to random talent part generation rate (3 times less). That code is also responsible (not sure about that) for leveling up defence stat. It might be slightly harder to lvl it up now, not 100% sure tho.. this code is strange :P
That's it for now. I tested it all and nothing crashed but you never know, it might break sth. Let me know.
To L0771
control.lua
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
goes to %appdata%\Factorio\mods\Cursed-Exp_0.4.1\
ontick.lua
(30.44 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
goes to %appdata%\Factorio\mods\Cursed-Exp_0.4.1\scripts\
cursed-generator.lua
(62.63 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
goes to %appdata%\Factorio\mods\Cursed-Exp_0.4.1\prototypes\entities\

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Qcor wrote:
buc01 wrote:no body knows what caused the error i posted? damnit :(
Well, mod author probably does, however it looks like he is afk for past few days (he usually responds within 24h).

I looked at the code and from what I understand it is caused by the 'bank'. To be specific it is checking the distance between player and bank.. probably that is the reason why you take few steps and then crash.

What I can suggest is to try and put your bank near you and then try going out of its range. It may (or may not) fix the problem.
i thought the same :)
Tim2162286 wrote:propbly a mod incapatability, will try and do some testing.

When i added cursed exp to a hardcorio world, i got the folowing crash on trying to open the cursed gui
Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:8: attempt to index local gui

Error while running the event handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/gui.lua:8: attempt to index local 'gui' (a nil value
However, if i start a new game without modifing any mods, then i have no issues opening the gui.(haven't acualy done anything in the new gamel, so might be something that happens later in the game)
Try with

/c remote.call("cursed","resetgui","YOURNAME")
In YOURNAME put your nickname setted in options.
Qcor wrote:Regen stat doesn't work... at all :(
I just compared how long it takes to fully regen your hp after 2 donations with regen stat=0 and regen stat=16
it took the same time sooo.. looks broken :(

[edit] looking at tutorial the regen SHOULD be = 0.3 per defence_stat (per sec? I guess)... and it looks like it should also be the same for the regen_stat.
Vanilla regen is about 0.6/sec so it feels a bit OP.. maybe.. on the other hand T5 talent is not cheap so.. not sure. Definitely needs testing.
Anyway - it is not working now. Trying to fix it.. among other bugs I ran into in the meantime.
[/edit]
Sorry, i have others values, 0.03/level, maybe i've modified in one of those updates ..
But is working, isn't every second, i give that regen every 3 seconds.(but, triple of this regen, obviusly :P)

Qcor wrote:New version with several fixes. I hope L0771 will approve and integrate this into main release when he will come back. :)
^^
1. i think isn't a good idea fill the acumulator 60 times every second, with more than 1000 accumulators need read all this lines 60000 times / second (for example), but isn't a problem if your pc haven't problems.
gen.accumulator.energy = (gen.rank * 66) * 1.5 * 1000 * 5
every 3 seconds, only read the rank and basic multiplications, is faster than a cuadratic and all other stuff, is only to fill the accumulator, but the limit is given by the formula output_flow_limit.

4. yep, i've do the same, erased "math.floor" xd
it's happening every 3 seconds because i need give defense exp too, are a lot of lines, in this version is very reduced... In a next version i'll modify all regens, i'm regenerating via lua for now, because if you deactivate a entity, this entity continue healing... but isn't needed, i'll do in the creation of the entity (with healing_per_tick).

5. "if not remote.interfaces.oxygen then" is needed, because if you have oxygen, without this line you take the double of damage (from oxygen and from my mod)

6. My code isn't strange, your're strange! :evil:

But i don't see the last 2 changes

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

1) filling generator 60 times per sec is not ideal but it is the only way it works correctly. Any other way I tested (which in theory should work) was giving me fluctuations and false readings on the graph. I'll try to demonstrate it to you as soon as you give us new version with your fix, because in this version generator is broken in few other ways. Basically it works like shown below. In it's current state it is impossible for me to show you what I mean.
generator in 0.4.1
2) and 3) are easy to spot in the code so I skip those

4) yup, math_floor was screwing things pretty hard here.. multiplying by 0 can do that :)

5?) oh, now I see what you did there. yea it makes sense.

5) and 6) here

if event.tick % 180 then
if event.tick % 200 then
My code isn't strange, your're strange! :evil:
hahaha... well.. you are probably right :P

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

1. your need store more energy:
generator 0.4.2
5. i think the lua compiler read this like
(x % m == n --> n>=0 ^ n < m)
, but i modified to == 0

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

1) yup.. we knew that (described in other posts). Just waiting for that 0.4.2 release :D

5) emm.. no. in lua this: "if number1 % number2 then ..." is always true no matter what. The result will always be a number and ALL numbers in lua (yes ZERO too) give you 'true' in a condition check.
This however "if number1 % number2 == 0 then ..." will always give you boolean which is the only correct way to go here.

sooo... any ETA on 0.4.2?

MaroZz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaroZz »

crash when u place landfill below fisher :D
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(21.83 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

landfill mod should not fill water under fisher (or any other entity). it should check if there are any entities there and should stop you from doing that.

Return to “Mods”