Post by SpeedyBrain »

HaTeM00n wrote:Hello. :D

I will playing in multiplayer with mods, and i have this bug. :shock:
When I drop into turret/artillery ammo, it make this error... :roll:
I install the last your update, but it doesn't help. :cry:

I will tried to fix it independently, but it doesn't help too( :cry:

Help, please) :roll:

P.S. sorry for my bad English =)
Please wait for the update later today. It will fix all bugs :)
ImageImageImageImage

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.1] Supreme Warfare - 1.0.5

Post by SpeedyBrain »

The new update is live!
With bug fixes and balance changes.

Enjoy! :D

Download
ImageImageImageImage

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

SpeedyBrain wrote:The new update is live!

Download
Now hopefully your Multiplayer compatible thing is correct again :D, but as i have adviced others to do. Never use game.player. Always just stick with the game.players[1]. at the very least. Seeing as your mod will be partially multiplayer compatible then ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

HaTeM00n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HaTeM00n »

Oh, thank you! It's working! :)
You are realy wizard xD
Now, i can playing this, thanks very match! :D

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Yeah honestly the devs should have just removed game.player completely, not sure what the point in keeping it was, it just leaves loads of silent errors in scripts.
jorgenRe wrote:
SpeedyBrain wrote:The new update is live!

Download
Now hopefully your Multiplayer compatible thing is correct again :D, but as i have adviced others to do. Never use game.player. Always just stick with the game.players[1]. at the very least. Seeing as your mod will be partially multiplayer compatible then ;)!

karka255
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by karka255 »

If you could add animations it would be awesome, cool mod though :D

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

A friend and I just finished an MP game with this mod so I thought I'd leave some feedback.

1) Research costs are pretty high and oddly distributed. Particularly given the build costs of the guns and ammo themselves.
2) The tag capsule for the Big Bang needing to be thrown from range 25 or less is a big disappointment. Lovely big long range gun but having the spotter run into the hive to place a marker seems to defeat the purpose.
3) Firing sounds would be nice, maybe a shell whistling overhead noise too? Firing animations as someone else pointed out.
4) Maybe add a laser tag device or something to increase accuracy or give the big bang spotter a way to work without getting chewed up.
5) Air burst shrapnel shells perhaps? Kills biters hard but does less damage to spawners.
6) Self propelled gun carriage? Marry the lower tech rocket or artillery to a tank chassis?

To be honest, at the end of the game we were ignoring the big bangs we'd built and just walking in laser turrets. It was easier and got us killed less on really huge nests because we didn't have to run in close.

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

I think game.player is a shortcut for the console. The console knows who "player" is; a server script doesn't.

PS, a script that uses game.players[1] as an alias for game.player is asking for only slightly less trouble as one that uses game.player — makes too many assumptions on who the command should be directed at.

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SpeedyBrain »

Thank you for your feedback!
Did you play with the most recent version?
1) Research costs are pretty high and oddly distributed. Particularly given the build costs of the guns and ammo themselves.
In the most recent version I changed the research to make T1 and T2 available earlier in the game.
Ammo has to cost quite a bit or else the game would be to easy.
2) The tag capsule for the Big Bang needing to be thrown from range 25 or less is a big disappointment. Lovely big long range gun but having the spotter run into the hive to place a marker seems to defeat the purpose.
The purpose is to kill big hives with one blow! With autofire the only difficulty left in the game would be to supply the big bang with ammo. I'm thinking of additional ways to set the target.
3) Firing sounds would be nice, maybe a shell whistling overhead noise too? Firing animations as someone else pointed out.
Shells and Explosions have sounds. Firing sounds and animations are planned for the future.
4) Maybe add a laser tag device or something to increase accuracy or give the big bang spotter a way to work without getting chewed up.
I'll think about it.
5) Air burst shrapnel shells perhaps? Kills biters hard but does less damage to spawners.
There is something like this planned for a future release :D
6) Self propelled gun carriage? Marry the lower tech rocket or artillery to a tank chassis?
I made a railroad artillery, but it's currently missing graphics. I don't know when I'll publish it.
To be honest, at the end of the game we were ignoring the big bangs we'd built and just walking in laser turrets. It was easier and got us killed less on really huge nests because we didn't have to run in close.
I normally use vehicles to drive near an alien lair and drop of the target mark. Never got killed doing it that way. What range would you prefer for the target capsule?

Thanks for your support. I hope you'll continue to play with SupremeWarfare.
ImageImageImageImage

Spork.
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spork. »

So, I recently bought the game and started up a world, then I saw your mod and was instantly intrigued, as I love artillery in all its forms. However, it does not seem to work for me. do I need to start a new world, or is there something wrong.
here is the mod info

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Spork. wrote:So, I recently bought the game and started up a world, then I saw your mod and was instantly intrigued, as I love artillery in all its forms. However, it does not seem to work for me. do I need to start a new world, or is there something wrong.
here is the mod info
The dependency for base >= 0.12.1 is red meaning it is not satisfied. 'base' refers to the game version.
Update your game and it should work fine.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SpeedyBrain »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Spork. wrote:So, I recently bought the game and started up a world, then I saw your mod and was instantly intrigued, as I love artillery in all its forms. However, it does not seem to work for me. do I need to start a new world, or is there something wrong.
here is the mod info
The dependency for base >= 0.12.1 is red meaning it is not satisfied. 'base' refers to the game version.
Update your game and it should work fine.
correct! Please let me know if it works after you updated the game :)
ImageImageImageImage

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SpeedyBrain »

I need your help to shape the future of SupremeWarfare!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 22&t=15232

Please let me know what you would like to see. Thanks. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Imp0815
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Imp0815 »

I noticed that the T2 arti only rotates if the biters come in to a certain range. When shooting on a target out of that range the barrels face the wrong direction. Is there a way to change the target range for the rotate animations?

keksinat0r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keksinat0r »

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I think that's because the artillery (being a turret entity) automatically tracks the nearest enemy, while the actual "target" the projectile will try to hit gets selected by a custom script.
That's the same reason the MK1 (rocket turrets) cause lag when shooting. Every turret calls "find_enemy_units" right before every single shot, causing the game to freeze for a couple of milliseconds per turret.

I like the idea of this mod, but the implementation is crap - most likely due to missing functionality in the base game / modding API.

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SpeedyBrain »

keksinat0r wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here, but I think that's because the artillery (being a turret entity) automatically tracks the nearest enemy, while the actual "target" the projectile will try to hit gets selected by a custom script.
That's the same reason the MK1 (rocket turrets) cause lag when shooting. Every turret calls "find_enemy_units" right before every single shot, causing the game to freeze for a couple of milliseconds per turret.

I like the idea of this mod, but the implementation is crap - most likely due to missing functionality in the base game / modding API.
Correct! And correct! The modding API is kinda slim at the moment. :/
I want the ability to tell entities to execute an animation, that would make everything a lot easier.

I'm currently working on a system to cache all enemies and only update it when needed. If this works like intended there will be no lag in future versions.
ImageImageImageImage

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Supreme Warfare is licensed with the CC BY-NC-ND license.[/quote]

big bang not fire!!!
load ammo gun not fire((

and bug
Attachments
2015-10-02_16-13-48.jpg
2015-10-02_16-13-48.jpg (38.43 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
2015-10-02_16-03-49.jpg
2015-10-02_16-03-49.jpg (183.73 KiB) Viewed 9097 times

SpeedyBrain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SpeedyBrain »

Airat9000 wrote:
big bang not fire!!!
load ammo gun not fire((

and bug
Hey with what factorio version are you playing?

Most of the artillery cannons have a min fire range! That's why they do not fire.
Plus the Big Bang Artillery needs manual targeting (Target capsule)
ImageImageImageImage

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

SpeedyBrain wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
big bang not fire!!!
load ammo gun not fire((

and bug
Hey with what factorio version are you playing?

Most of the artillery cannons have a min fire range! That's why they do not fire.
Plus the Big Bang Artillery needs manual targeting (Target capsule)
0.12.7 - 0.12.8

Return to “Mods”