Industrial Revolution 3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Industrial Revolution 3

Post by Shadow_Man »

Hello Deadlock!
Thank you for new iteration of your great mod Industrial Revolution.
But there's a bug:

Code: Select all

3.358 Error ModManager.cpp:1560: Error while loading entity prototype "steel-vaporiser" (furnace): Invalid pipe connections specification for offset {-1.2500000000, 0.0000000000}. The offset must be outside of the entity bounding-box
Modifications: Industrial Revolution 3 › Squeak Through › Industrial Revolution 3
Some parameters of the entity "steel-vaporiser" conflict with mod Squeak Through (IR and IR2 was fine).
Check it please.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Industrial Revolution 3

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I'd rather report that to Squeak Through.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shadow_Man »

After qiuck investigation I found a solution:
Edit 2 values in the file
IndustrialRevolution3_3.0.1\code\entities\entities-fluid.lua

Section "vaporiser.fluid_boxes":
Line 938: change value -1.25 to -1
Line 947: change value 1.25 to 1

And that's all, IR3 and SqueakThrough works fine together.

But Deadlock989 won't apply that, because
No, I need those values to be as they are so that the different alt-mode fluidbox filter icons do not overlap.

Squeak Through should not be changing entity collision boxes to illegal values - the base game requires fluidbox positions to be outside the entity's bounding box and ST is breaking that hard restriction without checking.
Before and after fix comparison (fluid direction arrows overlap exactly one on other):

Use that workaround if you want to play with SqueakThrough mod (or wait when it's author fix that situation).

Stud555
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ruby

Post by Stud555 »

How to get a ruby?

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ruby

Post by Kyralessa »

Stud555 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:04 pm
How to get a ruby?
In copper or gold patches not too close to your starting location, you can find rocks that contain rubies. Mine the rocks by hand (or by personal construction bot) and you'll get a lot of rock and a few rubies.

After you have a few rubies, you'll be able to synthesize them, but you'll need a few rubies found in the wild to get you to that point.

Max_D
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Max_D »

Can anyone confirm if F.A.R.L. works with this mod?

I'm ~50 hours in and I cannot locate the FARL module to insert into the locomotive.

I'm hoping it's not a compatibility issue with IR3?

i-make-robots
Inserter
Inserter

Post by i-make-robots »

Hello! Loving the mod. Second attempt. So far 4d4h14s.

What am I supposed to do with all this petroleum? I am still running my base on coke+steam just fine. I have more than enough plastic. I can't make it into fuel for vehicles.

Does using a petrochem generator take precedence over a steam generator? I don't have accumulators so i can't measure the available power and disable one power plant in favor of another.

how can I get rid of all this tin, copper, iron, and gold to make way for the advanced metals? Boxing it forever feels unbalanced. Blowing up the boxes feels unbalanced. Because I have too much petro I can't make sulphur fast enough to run advanced washing.

Is it an intentional that making foam uses the same amount of compressed air that it emits? Once the cycle is started, never need to pump it up again.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

i-make-robots wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:09 pm
Hello! Loving the mod. Second attempt. So far 4d4h14s.
I've also been (mostly!) enjoying playing IR3 for the first time, but quite badly in my own estimation (please bear this in mind :)), having just automated the Electrum analysis pack the last time I played the save. I note there are significant changes in 3.1, released last month, and I decided to stick with 3.0 after reading the changelog. I infer that you are also playing 3.0 - is that correct?
What am I supposed to do with all this petroleum? I am still running my base on coke+steam just fine. I have more than enough plastic. I can't make it into fuel for vehicles.

Does using a petrochem generator take precedence over a steam generator? I don't have accumulators so i can't measure the available power and disable one power plant in favor of another.
Precedence is equal, so the power split between steam engines and petrochemical generators is proportional to generation capacity of each across the electric network.

At the expense of building sufficient capacity that you can use either steam engines or petrochemical generators as your sole power source, you can use circuit-controlled pumps to disable steam to steam engines and enable petroleum to petrochemical generators if you have too much petroleum, or the reverse if you have too little. I haven't found a better solution, but that's not to say one doesn't exist...
how can I get rid of all this tin, copper, iron, and gold to make way for the advanced metals? Boxing it forever feels unbalanced. Blowing up the boxes feels unbalanced. Because I have too much petro I can't make sulphur fast enough to run advanced washing.
(Acid washing is removed in 3.1, replaced with hot water washing.)

I'm not sure why you think you might have an ongoing need to "get rid" of basic metals. I can imagine having a temporary need, but haven't experienced that. Can you elaborate?
Is it an intentional that making foam uses the same amount of compressed air that it emits? Once the cycle is started, never need to pump it up again.
(Both foam and blast furnaces have changes in 3.1; in particular, compressed air is now consumed.)

I assume it was intentional to allow chaining of blast furnaces. At least theoretically, you can cycle the compressed air forever. However, I think there is some possibility of rounding errors in fluid handling that may make this not quite true in practice. If this is a problem, you can use the circuit network to pump compressed air to a gas vent if you have too much, or insert filters into an air compressor if you have too little (the latter also serving to provide a controlled initial "charge").

i-make-robots
Inserter
Inserter

Post by i-make-robots »

Hello!

Restarted and doing much better. I have only one question at this time: how do i use the hot water ore washing recipe? I mean, where do I get hot water from? Hot water does not appear as a separate ingredient. Reading the description of geothermal exchanger it appears I can clean polluted steam to make hot water... that seems pretty silly. Why can't I use a common boiler? What am I missing?

Thank you!

jamesthe1st
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamesthe1st »

This mod is great! The small assembly machines are a huge improvement. I'm really enjoying designing the new production layouts.

Slywyn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slywyn »

So is anyone else trying to use a heavy picket with the delivery plates? It just straight up doesn't work. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Because you can't actually deliver to the vehicle with logistic bots, and then the delivery plates don't work, so the only way to fill it up is manually, which seems weird when there's two entire systems(and one added by the mod itself!) that just straight up don't work with such an expensive vehicle that is explicitly meant to do construction work.

NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

IR3: Steam all the way to rockets

Post by NineNine »

Just throwing this out... I'd love to see a version of Industrial Revolution that allowed for steam power to be used all the way to (steam-powered) rockets.

It could be a really ridiculous and awesome looking steampunk fantasy version of IR3. Of course, tons of ridiculous team-powered technologies and mechanics would have to be invented, too (ie: steam powered mechanical computers, etc).

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: IR3: Steam all the way to rockets

Post by steinio »

NineNine wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm
Just throwing this out... I'd love to see a version of Industrial Revolution that allowed for steam power to be used all the way to (steam-powered) rockets.

It could be a really ridiculous and awesome looking steampunk fantasy version of IR3. Of course, tons of ridiculous team-powered technologies and mechanics would have to be invented, too (ie: steam powered mechanical computers, etc).
You mean like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Fantario

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Mods”