eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: More Bugs...

Post by eradicator »

Repofme1 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:52 am
It's not all that much computer processing
Migration cost is not an issue at all. It's vastly more important to do things the right way then to save a few seconds on something that is only done once. Try loading a really old really big vanilla map in latest vanilla. Just the renaming of entities can take more than half a minute - but that's totally ok.
Repofme1 wrote:
Regarding recipes not enabled from your stockpiles mod -
Co-relating .researched directly to .enabled is an interesting approach. But it seems my statemend was unclear: I do not lack the technical knowledge to implement *some* method to enable recipes. I have too much knowledge and so for every method i can think of i can also think of a potential mod that would break if i use it ;). So my problem is one layer higher - deciding which "potential mod" i care less about.

For example toggling the tech off and on again also re-applies recipes, but "potential mod" might break because this causes on_research_finished to be raised for a tech that supposedly was already researched (reset_technologies() has the exact same effect). But at least there *is* an event that mods can handle while directly toggling recipe.enabled happens silently.

Code: Select all

local function reresearch_technology(technology)
  if technology and (technology.researched == true) then
    -- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    technology.researched = false
    technology.researched = true
    end
  end

for _, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  reresearch_technology(force.technologies["plastics"])
  end
Repofme1 wrote:
CTRL+SHIFT+F is also new to me; thank you.
Ctrl+Shift+E/F came brand new with 1.0 :D.
Repofme1 wrote:
Although I don't understand --check-unused-prototype-data either, for what that's worth.
Well, under normal circumstances it shoul (almost) not print anything at all. Does it print alot for you?
Author of: Hand Crank Generator Deluxe, Screenshot Hotkey 2.0, /sudo
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

argbla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.3

Post by argbla »

HI, I just started playing Xander Mod yesterday and I'm having a great time. I've tried other recipe rework mods before, and I can't put my finger on why, but this is the first that's felt this coherent.

I have a thing with stories and games where the suspension of disbelief relies on consistency. Maybe congruence is the word? I dunno, but this mod does a fine job of it.

I'd like to mention that I have not found collecting wood to be tedious, and this is with spawning in a desert. I just read trees were just changed to give 24 instead of 4 wood. It likely would have been tedious without that change, but I think that's a good solution given you grow out of using wood and the organics sorts of things other mods do never feel like they fit with the game.

Anyway, good job, I look forward to playing this as it develops. I'm teeming at the thought of a large scale factory with this mod and the upcoming train stop limit.

pletiplot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pletiplot »

Hello,
I play this mod. I found that chemistry industry is very complex and it is quite similar to the real processes. On difference from vanila, you often have some waste which must be treated. One way is a dump, but many of the products are flamables: Carbon monoxid, hydrogen, ethylen etc. which could be used as a fuel, but there is no boiler for consuming such materials.
Thanks.

depsylon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by depsylon »

The high power turbine is unavailable for us, or more precisely we can't research it. We researched the low power ones and then later researched nuclear energy which only gave us the low power ones again. And because they produce less than half of the energy we can't really use Nuclear Energy. Is there a solution ?

Return to “Mods”