Topics and discussion about specific mods
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by eradicator »

badtouchatr wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm
Ok, just started on a new game with Xander mod. I also have Alien Biomes mod, and when I start the game, there are no terrain details (except cliffs).
Tested with Xander 2.1.1 and Alien Biomes 0.3.10, and for unknown reasons world gen consists entirely of gravel indeed. If you press "restart" a lot you'll eventually get a map with only snow instead :p. Can be fixed by simply disallowing gravel from generating at all (data-final-fixes):

Code: Select all

if (mods['xander-mod'] == '2.1.1') and (mods['alien-biomes']) then
  data.raw.tile.gravel.autoplace = nil
  end
I'm not sure if it's supposed to generate in the first place, i thought it was landfill only.

I've added it to my hotfix mod. @Therax: Feel free to add it to your own hotfix, mine isn't really up to date.
er-xander-mod-hotfix_0.0.5.zip
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 am

I've added it to my hotfix mod. @Therax: Feel free to add it to your own hotfix, mine isn't really up to date.
Thank you so much for this. It did the job! Now I have my "dead planet" with trees!!

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

OMGosh, I think I give up now. The mod has beaten me. I'm at 166 hours, and just got past blue science (don't even have red belts being made yet), and was trying to make the move to robots.

Good lord, there are dozens of things needed for this, PLUS purple science to make some of the items. With all the fires I've been having to put out just to keep my current factory going, and having to manually transfer materials because even my spaghetti was getting too compact to make any more of it feasible, it's just too much. Yes, I have trains also, but haven't been able to get a hold on setting up routes to transfer all the many things necessary (have had to build things at opposite ends of the factory -- guess I didn't plan my expansion that well).

Was hoping robots would help with a lot of the manual moving around of things, but oh man, it's gonna be another 200 hours till I get there, it seems. Best to take a break from it for now at least. Don't know how you guys made it.

I do thank you guys (Therax and eradicator) for helping me so much getting started, and I've had quite a bit of fun (up till now), but really think I need to play something else for a while to clear my mind. Maybe then I won't feel so overwhelmed when I come back to it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

badtouchatr wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:12 am
Don't know how you guys made it.
Ample space between the sphagetthi. And when it still gets too dense you pull some of the noodles outside of the current factory and plug them into more sphagetthi a few hundred tiles away. Until it gets too dense again. Rinse and repeat. Also our factory was split into one somewhat streamlined large "mass production" complex for ye know, plates, gears, gasses, belts, inserters. And a chaotic noodle complex for the other stuff like science bottles, production machines, etc.

The barrier to bots is as big as it looks like though. ;)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

I’m still ramping up to purple science. Those tier 2 pumps take a lot of supporting components. I’m gradually moving metals production into the train network, with nickel, steel, zinc, and aluminum out there so far. Still need to put tungsten on the train network and ramp up volume production of high alloy steel. Next step is I think to set up a new electronics factory. The two AM1s I set up ages ago for electromechanical circuits have served me well but just can’t keep up with my demand for circuit wire, lamps, furnaces, etc. Robots are a long way away, but my experience making a belts only Angel’s Petrochemical factory are serving me well.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@Therax:
Did you start on 2.x? I haven't dared migrating from 1.5.x yet (and haven't played in a really long time).

Ragu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ragu »

big thanks for this mod, i have some problems

1)is it intended that for robot frame need T3 brushless motor? (it so far in tech and need violet science)
2)productivity modules work only with basic mod recipes
3)oxygen - very small production speed and very high demand

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Ragu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am
big thanks for this mod, i have some problems

1)is it intended that for robot frame need T3 brushless motor? (it so far in tech and need violet science)
2)productivity modules work only with basic mod recipes
3)oxygen - very small production speed and very high demand
1) Yes, AFAIK. Compact flying drones capable of carrying heavy loads are high tech.
2) Sounds like something that could use adjustment.
3) In my private branch of the mod, I decreased crafting time for cryogenic separation of air -> O2 & N2 by a factor of 2.5, because I agree that the number of distillation towers you need is insane.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Therax wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:39 pm
Ragu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am
1) Yes, AFAIK. Compact flying drones capable of carrying heavy loads are high tech.
I do remember a bug where T2/T3 were interchanged. But that should have been fixed in recent versions?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Can someone tell me where to use VLSI wafer? And carbon tetrafluoride too
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

eradicator wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:51 pm
I do remember a bug where T2/T3 were interchanged. But that should have been fixed in recent versions?
I think you're remembering the steam turbines, where the T2 steam engine (medium-temp steam turbine) was using the T3 recipe and vice versa.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm
Can someone tell me where to use VLSI wafer? And carbon tetrafluoride too
VLSI wafer is not used for anything right now, but it will be used for high-tier circuits (digital control system and the like).

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

badtouchatr wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:12 am
OMGosh, I think I give up now. The mod has beaten me. I'm at 166 hours, and just got past blue science (don't even have red belts being made yet), and was trying to make the move to robots.

Good lord, there are dozens of things needed for this, PLUS purple science to make some of the items. With all the fires I've been having to put out just to keep my current factory going, and having to manually transfer materials because even my spaghetti was getting too compact to make any more of it feasible, it's just too much. Yes, I have trains also, but haven't been able to get a hold on setting up routes to transfer all the many things necessary (have had to build things at opposite ends of the factory -- guess I didn't plan my expansion that well).

Was hoping robots would help with a lot of the manual moving around of things, but oh man, it's gonna be another 200 hours till I get there, it seems. Best to take a break from it for now at least. Don't know how you guys made it.

I do thank you guys (Therax and eradicator) for helping me so much getting started, and I've had quite a bit of fun (up till now), but really think I need to play something else for a while to clear my mind. Maybe then I won't feel so overwhelmed when I come back to it.
I am not quite to robots yet, I'm at 6 days 16 hours of playtime on this game. I am at the point where my "starter" production just can't keep up. Blue science research is taking forever because of the circuit boards required; Specifically Tungsten production is slowing me down. I am currently working on ramping that up; Flotation surfactant production will be the first step there; Hydrogen was a chokepoint but the Alkali electrolysis helped with that.

If it's not one thing, its the other ;)

Ragu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ragu »

Therax wrote:

but there is high-performance flying robot frame - it needs same motors but all other is next tier
also it's hard to construct big base without construction robot.
i think it will be better that for standard flying robot frame will need induction motor, not brushless

some more oddness -
1)semiconductor power supply (T2) need titanium alloy, when high-tension converter (T3) need duralumin casting. but titan is higher tech - so i think need switch ingredients
2)modular armot need only red and green science (and some equipment also), power armor (Mk1) and other equip need blue science, but you can't use it because you need portable solar panel and this tech need violet science pack (i think it will be good only 3 packs for this tech)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Xander mod version 2.1.1 - it seems that 20% of the text is just not translated to english and many of the names are taken from code in quotes
in principle, it isn't difficult to go and put down the localization names, just maybe some of the items and recipes do not have a mark in the localization file?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

Ragu wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:30 am
Therax wrote:

but there is high-performance flying robot frame - it needs same motors but all other is next tier
also it's hard to construct big base without construction robot.
i think it will be better that for standard flying robot frame will need induction motor, not brushless
I agree. Having regular construction robots need red - green - blue science to research, but then requiring ingredients which need purple science to research is kind of wierd. I'm at the point where I *should* be able to start making robots, but just figured out that I need purple science to do so. I think induction motors are a more appropriate entry point to construction robots. All the other components required for flying robot frames are tier 2 components.

Edit:
Also, the first roboport requires induction motors (tier 2) not brushless (tier 3) which makes me think this was an error.
I finally found the recipe for the flying robot frame and edited it to require the correct (IMHO) motor.
It's in prototypes -> recipes -> parts -> assembly.lua
I'd make a hotfix for it, but I have no idea how to do so.

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to pump natural gas. It won't work for me with pumpjacks.
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

I made a mod fix that changes some of the recipes to be more consistent:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/KhadsXanderFixes

I will try to fix things as I find them.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

khadgarion wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 am
I think induction motors are a more appropriate entry point to construction robots. All the other components required for flying robot frames are tier 2 components.
Technically induction motors are AC only, and IRL drones require either brushed or synchronous brushless DC motors. I'd be fine with drones requiring tier 1 motors, or even adding a new item for a "compact brushed motor" to the Flight tech.

I've tried PMing Repofme1, but he's been incommunicado the last 4 months, so I'm considering starting distribution of my own fork of XM, incorporating all the fixes and changes that have been made either in the various hotfix mods or in Github. Would there be interest in that?

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

Therax wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm
khadgarion wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 am
I think induction motors are a more appropriate entry point to construction robots. All the other components required for flying robot frames are tier 2 components.
Technically induction motors are AC only, and IRL drones require either brushed or synchronous brushless DC motors. I'd be fine with drones requiring tier 1 motors, or even adding a new item for a "compact brushed motor" to the Flight tech.

I've tried PMing Repofme1, but he's been incommunicado the last 4 months, so I'm considering starting distribution of my own fork of XM, incorporating all the fixes and changes that have been made either in the various hotfix mods or in Github. Would there be interest in that?
The induction motor is tier 2 which falls in line with the roboport using all tier 2 components (it uses induction motors as well).

I was mainly making little changes here and there for my own use but figured someone else may want to use these changes. I'd like to see what changes you have made too!

I am looking into fixing some of the unknown key stuff too, but haven't made it very far. I believe nickel plate and tungsten block both have those errors.

Thanks for making your hot fix available by the way.

Return to “Mods”