[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.8

Post by BlakeMW »

Are you using beans or more advanced crops? I've been looking at alternatives but you have to provide like fertilizer and stuff and I'm not sure the increased yields are worth it when beans are an order of magnitude simpler.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Could you post a screenshot and blueprint string of your setup please?

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Idea for a mod to add on to seablock:

Add an item that can arbitrarily add or remove infinite ore patches for each of the ores that can be created through crystallization, like the one in creative mode. Maybe make this cost some resources to use, maybe not. Change mining so that, like how uranium mining requires sulfuric acid in the base game, mining these patches requires mineral sludge. At first it would require exactly as much mineral sludge to mine one ore as it does to crystallize one, but then as mining productivity goes up you can get more out of it.

Basically this would be an alternative way to turn mineral sludge into ore instead of using crystallizers, which uses some existing game mechanics to allow another method of progression. Are there any mods like this already, or any obvious balance issues?

jayjay_1989
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jayjay_1989 »

Is it possible to fix seablock mod for factorio 0.16.3+ ? Currently builds of factorio doesnt work. Error: attempt to index local 'recipe' >data-updates.lua:534

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

jayjay_1989 wrote:Is it possible to fix seablock mod for factorio 0.16.3+ ? Currently builds of factorio doesnt work. Error: attempt to index local 'recipe' >data-updates.lua:534
Be a bit more precise, please. what mod does throw that? what version of factorio do you play? did you update any mod? did you install any other mods?

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

i just started a new sea block with .2.8 last weekend with whatever experimental version of factorio is the current one and have not had any problems so far, even as i added a handful of QOL mods.

jayjay_1989
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jayjay_1989 »

Anhalter wrote:i just started a new sea block with .2.8 last weekend with whatever experimental version of factorio is the current one and have not had any problems so far, even as i added a handful of QOL mods.
On version 0.16.36 (stable) & 0.16.45 experimental i got following error:

Code: Select all

Error ModManager.cpp:1024: Failed to load mod "bobplates": __bobplates__/data-updates.lua:29: attempt to index field 'normal' (a nil value)
Error ModManager.cpp:1024: Failed to load mod "SeaBlock": __SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua:534: attempt to index local 'recipe' (a nil value)
Error ModManager.cpp:1024: Failed to load mod "SeaBlock": __SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua:580: attempt to index local 'effect' (a number value)
Tried reinstalling the game, tried every version (which is available through te properties windows) on Steam, downloaded the latest stable on factorio.com.

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

not sure if it is any help, but attached you find the mods im currently using (with version)

edit: Factorio Version .16.45
Attachments
seablock mods.JPG
seablock mods.JPG (65.59 KiB) Viewed 6352 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Anhalter wrote:not sure if it is any help, but attached you find the mods im currently using (with version)

remove mods that are not part of seablock, then slowly add them one by one, until it breaks. then ask author of offending mod to fix it.

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

mexmer wrote:
Anhalter wrote:not sure if it is any help, but attached you find the mods im currently using (with version)

remove mods that are not part of seablock, then slowly add them one by one, until it breaks. then ask author of offending mod to fix it.
mine is running just fine. i was trying to help the guy that seems to have some kind of problems. the way you propose is valid however.

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

BlakeMW wrote:Are you using beans or more advanced crops? I've been looking at alternatives but you have to provide like fertilizer and stuff and I'm not sure the increased yields are worth it when beans are an order of magnitude simpler.
mrvn wrote:Could you post a screenshot and blueprint string of your setup please?
I'm using Binafran -> beans etc...

here's a link to the blueprint/screenshot

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

that is a nice build. 2 Enriched/s is 600MW fuel. That are 56 MK1 boilers, 38 MK2 or 28 MK3 to use it all.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

I've decided to explore producing resin via bioprocessing rather than suffering the indignity of making green catalyst.

I had to find a temperate tree which wasn't behind cliffs.... too lazy to get cliff explosives, mil science is expensive. Fortunately, I managed to find one which wasn't too badly guarded by worms.

I'm running 4 Arboretums with Temperate Tree Cultivation. This produces only 20 liquid resin per cycle (60s), 1 resin per 30s for the four of them.

It also needs ethanol, which I'm producing via fermentation of fruit from Quillnoa, though there are several other routes to ethanol.

At this rate the resin is plenty enough for Phenolic boards for some key blue science research, as ultimately each blue science pack only requires one resin, a couple of hours of accumulated resin is 4-5 blue techs. Though the yield is fairly pitiful for mass production of science packs.

talchas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by talchas »

Yeah, all the specialized-tree outputs are laughably terrible, it's just silly. Particularly on not-seablock where you can just turn wood into resin and it's way better.

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

ukezi wrote:that is a nice build. 2 Enriched/s is 600MW fuel. That are 56 MK1 boilers, 38 MK2 or 28 MK3 to use it all.
It's not quite that good. One enriched fuel block only covers 100MJ, so this yields 200MJ/s worth of fuel, or 160MW with MK3 boilers.

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

at my new game, i just arrived where strand casting would be an option. now i wonder, have there been changes to it? from what i can tell, strand casting mk1 is exactly the same yield as if you just go with induction furnaces and regular casting machines.

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

Anhalter wrote:at my new game, i just arrived where strand casting would be an option. now i wonder, have there been changes to it? from what i can tell, strand casting mk1 is exactly the same yield as if you just go with induction furnaces and regular casting machines.
IIRC, the only benefit of strand casting mk1 is compression and that more productivity modules can be used in the assembler compared to casting machine.

Krychle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krychle »

Anhalter wrote:at my new game, i just arrived where strand casting would be an option. now i wonder, have there been changes to it? from what i can tell, strand casting mk1 is exactly the same yield as if you just go with induction furnaces and regular casting machines.
I rather like the increased belt compression. One metal sheet == four metal plates, which is pretty decent belt density. Just annoying to have to remember to plan buildings to unspool them in layouts. Or even plan to leave space for unspooling when you do decide to use strand casting.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

You know you've made it once you're worrying about needing more than one belt to transport your iron plates.

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

thanks guys! from my previous game i kinda was remembering that strand casting had some (little) yield bonus, but possibly either my math was or memory is wrong. Anyway, will now just go with plain casting until i get my rail network up and running. Then i guess, once i get to dedicated production blocks i will switch to strand casting (taking the city block aproach).

Return to “Mods”