[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.7

Post by mexmer »

Bilka wrote:With seablock updated to 0.16, I have now also finally updated my "Seablock Tweaks" mod which fixes a bunch of ordering issues the pack has. It does not change the gameplay in any way. You can find it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeablockTweaks

This is what it does:
  • Fixes that the water pump could be researched and placed when was is disabled in bobs and did not have recipes.
  • Fixes that the electrolyzer could be unlocked before its recipes.
  • Fixes that the electric mining drill recipe and the oil pumpjack recipe were not disabled correctly.
  • Fixes that technologies needing angels bio tokens would get sorted before all other technologies.
  • Fixes that the ordering of alien aritfacts was not the same as the small alien artifact ordering.
  • Fixes that clay brick tiles were not named.
  • Fixes that the alien processing group was not named.
Optional item group changes:
  • All chemical plants and electrolyzers are now together in the angels refining group.
  • All alien artifacts are now together in the alien processing group.
  • All storage tanks are now together in the fluid handling group.
  • The offshore pump is now located in the water treatment group.
  • The belts are now ordered by type instead of by tier.
I'd be happy if @Trainwreck would include the fixes in the seablock mod, that way everyone has a better experience playing the pack :)
and now you will need to redo it, because of changes in latest SCT :D

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

mexmer wrote: and now you will need to redo it, because of changes in latest SCT :D
Well, the pack isn't updated yet so until them I'm fine. And due to your awesome cooperation I now only have one change related to SCT, so I shouldn't need to change too much :D
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Bilka wrote:
mexmer wrote: and now you will need to redo it, because of changes in latest SCT :D
Well, the pack isn't updated yet so until them I'm fine. And due to your awesome cooperation I now only have one change related to SCT, so I shouldn't need to change too much :D
But you want to fix this before the next pack so it can be included in the pack. :)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

mrvn wrote:
Bilka wrote:
But you want to fix this before the next pack so it can be included in the pack. :)
that depends if people like new difficulty or not :D

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.8

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.8 has been released. Check first post for details.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

mexmer wrote:and now you will need to redo it, because of changes in latest SCT
I no longer have to make changes to sct stuff, only bobs alien science, thank you :D
Trainwreck wrote:Sea block pack 0.2.8 has been released.
And with that, my mod is also updated. Only change: Alien science packs are now in the same color order as the other alien things.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Bilka wrote:
mexmer wrote:and now you will need to redo it, because of changes in latest SCT
I no longer have to make changes to sct stuff, only bobs alien science, thank you :D
Trainwreck wrote:Sea block pack 0.2.8 has been released.
And with that, my mod is also updated. Only change: Alien science packs are now in the same color order as the other alien things.
i don't plan any changes to bobs alien stuff, still might change gold science in future

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:Sea block pack 0.2.8 has been released. Check first post for details.
is there any point in having lab mk2 enabled? since you removed speed bonus, there is no advantage over quantum lab.

reinss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by reinss »

Trainwreck wrote:Sea block pack 0.2.8 has been released. Check first post for details.
Still get error "Failed to load mods: _ _ SeaBlock _ _ /data-final-fixes.lua:50: wrong number of arguments to 'insert'

StaRbUck42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StaRbUck42 »

How do you get into the Farming? I cannot seem to get any tree seeds or exploration tokens. The base farm has no recipes...

talchas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by talchas »

mexmer wrote:
is there any point in having lab mk2 enabled? since you removed speed bonus, there is no advantage over quantum lab.
IIRC the MK2 labs have module slots, while every other normal-science lab has them removed, so you get productivity on them.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

talchas wrote:
mexmer wrote:
IIRC the MK2 labs have module slots, while every other normal-science lab has them removed, so you get productivity on them.
SCT has setting that enables module slots for tier 3 and tier 4 lab, so that should not be and issue.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

mexmer wrote: is there any point in having lab mk2 enabled? since you removed speed bonus, there is no advantage over quantum lab.
Mostly for compatibility with existing saves. I could swap lab-2 out with a migration script but at this point I consider 0.16 sea block development finished, so if it's not broken then I ain't going to fix it.
Bilka wrote:With seablock updated to 0.16, I have now also finally updated my "Seablock Tweaks" mod which fixes a bunch of ordering issues the pack has. It does not change the gameplay in any way. You can find it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeablockTweaks

This is what it does:
  • Fixes that the water pump could be researched and placed when was is disabled in bobs and did not have recipes.
  • Fixes that the electrolyzer could be unlocked before its recipes.
  • Fixes that the electric mining drill recipe and the oil pumpjack recipe were not disabled correctly.
  • Fixes that technologies needing angels bio tokens would get sorted before all other technologies.
  • Fixes that the ordering of alien aritfacts was not the same as the small alien artifact ordering.
  • Fixes that clay brick tiles were not named.
  • Fixes that the alien processing group was not named.
Optional item group changes:
  • All chemical plants and electrolyzers are now together in the angels refining group.
  • All alien artifacts are now together in the alien processing group.
  • All storage tanks are now together in the fluid handling group.
  • The offshore pump is now located in the water treatment group.
  • The belts are now ordered by type instead of by tier.
I'd be happy if @Trainwreck would include the fixes in the seablock mod, that way everyone has a better experience playing the pack :)
The mining drill is enabled in case players don't install ScienceCostTweaker, then it is used in science-pack-3. Guess pumpjack could be disabled, I left it hanging around after early 0.15 experimental releases used it for science. I haven't done a complete pass over sea block trying to remove every useless item, so there a few pointless recipes available (uranium and fluorite from mineral sludge, mining productivity research to name a couple I'm aware of).

The rest of the tweaks look like they apply to every Bob/Angels game, not just sea block. Some of the issues, like missing localization strings, are clearly bugs and should be reported to the mod author.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Most of the issues are just angel/bob issues, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to play with them. Seablock is the only pack where it's guaranteed that the user has the full bob/angel suite, so my mod is made for seablock.
Trainwreck wrote:Some of the issues, like missing localization strings, are clearly bugs and should be reported to the mod author.
I reported those to Angel many months ago, back in 0.15. He clearly does not care.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Bilka wrote:Most of the issues are just angel/bob issues, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to play with them. Seablock is the only pack where it's guaranteed that the user has the full bob/angel suite, so my mod is made for seablock.
Trainwreck wrote:Some of the issues, like missing localization strings, are clearly bugs and should be reported to the mod author.
I reported those to Angel many months ago, back in 0.15. He clearly does not care.
I added that but havent released an update for smelting in the meanwhile :P

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

StaRbUck42 wrote:How do you get into the Farming? I cannot seem to get any tree seeds or exploration tokens. The base farm has no recipes...
You will find a number of "Gardens" on the small isolated islands. If you mine them, you should get a garden item. Putting those garden items into the Seed Extractor machine will consume the garden and, depending on the selected recipe, create biotokens and/or a random assortment of seeds. You can only get bio tokens from harvesting gardens, you can get more of the same seed from farming a crop. There is a high end farming tech that allows for a perpetual garden "cultivation" that will functionally create infinite gardens, and thus biotokens.

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

hewhoispale wrote:
StaRbUck42 wrote:How do you get into the Farming? I cannot seem to get any tree seeds or exploration tokens. The base farm has no recipes...
You will find a number of "Gardens" on the small isolated islands. If you mine them, you should get a garden item. Putting those garden items into the Seed Extractor machine will consume the garden and, depending on the selected recipe, create biotokens and/or a random assortment of seeds. You can only get bio tokens from harvesting gardens, you can get more of the same seed from farming a crop. There is a high end farming tech that allows for a perpetual garden "cultivation" that will functionally create infinite gardens, and thus biotokens.
IIRC the cultivation tech only requires green science and a ~32 biotokens, it doesn't take many gardens to get through to that.
The main issue with cultivating gardens is that at 5% chance of getting a new garden and a 400 second cycle time means that it is horrifically slow to generate more.
Also cultivation also has a chance to generate biotokens as well as gardens which means your main use for gardens is just turning them into seeds.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

In my new playthrough, I'm currently producing fuel oil from beans (via the fermentation glycerol route) to generate power. It seems to generate 3-4x the energy as goes in. The nice thing is it's quick and easy to scale up since the requirements are very simple to meet (sand, water, and seed that rapidly multiplies).

StaRbUck42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StaRbUck42 »

hewhoispale wrote:
Oh. Wow, I was not expecting that to be the answer.

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

BlakeMW wrote:In my new playthrough, I'm currently producing fuel oil from beans (via the fermentation glycerol route) to generate power. It seems to generate 3-4x the energy as goes in. The nice thing is it's quick and easy to scale up since the requirements are very simple to meet (sand, water, and seed that rapidly multiplies).
I'm using the same setup after switching over from wood farms. I currently make 200MJ worth of enriched fuel blocks per second and the whole setup only uses 17.2MW at full capacity. I quite like those ratios :)

I'm probably gonna add another block producing enriched fuel blocks via the vegetable oil route to use all that mineral oil for coolants. That seems to be even more efficient space and power wise, only using 8.9MW per 200MJ enriched fuel blocks.

Return to “Mods”