[MOD] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Deadlock's Stacking Beltbox (& Compact Loaders)

Post by Deadlock989 »

Compact Loaders version: 1.2.7
Date: 06. 03. 2018
Changes:
- Snapping settings are now per-player instead of at start-up, to enable individual preferences in MP.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Stacking Beltbox version: 1.4.8
Date: 13. 03. 2018
Inter-mod support:
- Stacked fuels now inherit fuel_emissions_multiplier if another mod added it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:Stacking Beltbox version: 1.4.8
Date: 13. 03. 2018
Inter-mod support:
- Stacked fuels now inherit fuel_emissions_multiplier if another mod added it.
Does that mean I can use a stack of wood as fuel in a furnace?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

mrvn wrote:Does that mean I can use a stack of wood as fuel in a furnace?
Since January.

Stacked fuels inherit the fuel properties of the base item. They burn five times as long, but bonuses aren't affected (e.g. vehicle acceleration).

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Stacking Beltboxes version: 1.4.9
Date: 24. 03. 2018
Changes:
- Shrunk beltbox collision boxes, by popular request.
- There is now an option in mod settings to hide the "hand-unstacking" recipes, if you don't want to use them and the clutter bothers you.
Inter-mod support:
- Items from other mods with icon sizes of 64 and 128 are now supported. See modding readme.
- Beltboxes now base their crafting speed on the speed of their corresponding belts, instead of assuming integer multiples of vanilla speeds.
- Hand-unstacking recipes now appear at the bottom of the same crafting tab as their corresponding base item (if not hidden by mod settings) instead of defaulting to Intermediate Products.
- Added a verbose logging option to mod settings so you can see what DSB is doing with your itamz.
- Added support for Xander Mod tier 4.

Compact Loaders version: 1.3.0
Date: 24. 03. 2018
Changes:
- An optional new theme for belts is available. It is off by default: go to Options > Mod Settings to activate it.
- The theme uses the same two layers for all belts across the rainbow, saving VRAM for belt sprites (by as much as 60% if extra tiers are enabled for other mods).
- However it also increases rendering time slightly, so YMMV: it might help or hinder or neither, depending on your PC's capabilities. Anyway, they look pretty.
- Shrunk the loader's collision box, by popular request.
Inter-mod support:
- The belt theme overrides modded belts as well, making them look consistent and providing high-res versions if none existed previously.
- If the belt theme is off, loaders and underneathies get their belt sprites automatically from modded belt prototypes, instead of assuming the filenames.
- Loaders now automatically look up their speed from the corresponding belt prototype, instead of assuming vanilla speed progression.
- Added support for Xander Mod tier 4.

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

Seems to be some sort of bug in the new version of stacking beltbox, currently getting this with version 1.4.9.
"Failed to load mods: __DeadlockStacking/data-final-fixes.lua:1:__DeadlockStacking/prototypes/items.lua:1:__DeadlockStacking/prototypes/globals.lua:75: attempts to call global 'debug' (a table value)"

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

7h3w1z4rd wrote:Seems to be some sort of bug in the new version of stacking beltbox, currently getting this with version 1.4.9.
"Failed to load mods: __DeadlockStacking/data-final-fixes.lua:1:__DeadlockStacking/prototypes/items.lua:1:__DeadlockStacking/prototypes/globals.lua:75: attempts to call global 'debug' (a table value)"
What other mods do you have installed?

Edited to add: never mind - it's my fault. Uploading a fix shortly.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

Deadlock989 wrote:
7h3w1z4rd wrote:Seems to be some sort of bug in the new version of stacking beltbox, currently getting this with version 1.4.9.
What other mods do you have installed?
Alot?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

7h3w1z4rd wrote:Alot?
Not helpful, but doesn't matter. Fix uploaded.

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

Deadlock989 wrote:
7h3w1z4rd wrote:Alot?
Not helpful, but doesn't matter. Fix uploaded.
Weeell, errors usually point to the mod it's complaining about if it's a cross-mod error. This didn't.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

You're welcome.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I like the new belts, but the Bob's ones didn't work for me.

It's nice to see them finished though, they look great in action.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Light wrote:I like the new belts, but the Bob's ones didn't work for me.
That's odd. I tested it with Bob's Logistics 0.16.15 and it works, but not with any other Bob's mods installed (or anything else much). If you can give me more info about your set-up I can look into it.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Light wrote:I like the new belts, but the Bob's ones didn't work for me.
That's odd. I tested it with Bob's Logistics 0.16.15 and it works, but not with any other Bob's mods installed (or anything else much). If you can give me more info about your set-up I can look into it.
I found out that ShinyBobGFX was the cause. A simple fix no doubt.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Light wrote:I found out that ShinyBobGFX was the cause. A simple fix no doubt.
Well, there's nothing to fix, because there's nothing wrong. DCL provides belt sprites - ShinyBobGFX provides belt sprites. D is before S in natural language order, so ShinyBob overrides mine. The only way to change that would be for me to add ShinyBob as a dependency. But I can't be doing that for every other mod that might make cosmetic changes I want to override, it might never end. And it doesn't feel right to go around "dominating" other mods this way, it's not really what dependencies are for.

The real solution is that ShinyBob provides more granular options to turn its belts off. Bob's Logistics had quite ugly belt sprites with missing high-res versions until quite recently, that's probably why ShinyBob overrides them without asking. But now it looks like the ones from ShinyBob are more or less the same as what Bob's already provides, so they're probably redundant now.

Rachmaninov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rachmaninov »

I ran into an error with an addon I'm using that adds more stacking and crating recipes. Worked with 1.4.8, not 1.4.10, and seems to be an issue with the mod ReGroup I'm using. The new stack's generated group can't be assigned.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Rachmaninov wrote:I ran into an error with an addon I'm using that adds more stacking and crating recipes. Worked with 1.4.8, not 1.4.10, and seems to be an issue with the mod ReGroup I'm using. The new stack's generated group can't be assigned.
Ugh. Looks like that mod creates a lot of new crafting tabs in data-final-fixes, too late for DSB to catch. You should be able to work around it for the time being by adding "?Regroup" to the dependencies in DSB's json file. I'll take a proper look it during the week.

Edited to add, or if this is a helper mod, force the helper mod to require both DSB and Regroup.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Light wrote:I found out that ShinyBobGFX was the cause. A simple fix no doubt.
Well, there's nothing to fix, because there's nothing wrong. DCL provides belt sprites - ShinyBobGFX provides belt sprites. D is before S in natural language order, so ShinyBob overrides mine. The only way to change that would be for me to add ShinyBob as a dependency.
I didn't mean you had to do anything about it. After learning what caused it, I simply deleted one line from the ShinyBob mod which was the simple fix I was thinking of. At least you're now aware of it should someone report this in the future.

The choice to go a darker gray is what really draws me to yours, since items stand out a lot more than their vanilla counterpart. Belts are now less of an eyesore and I can see items more clearly, so thank you for that.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Something is very wonky. My Angel/Bob game Violet and Green belts do not fit the color scheme of the corresponding Beltbox. Green to Violet. Violet to Green. What is going on?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Light wrote:The choice to go a darker gray is what really draws me to yours, since items stand out a lot more than their vanilla counterpart. Belts are now less of an eyesore and I can see items more clearly, so thank you for that.
My pleasure.
Tomik wrote:Something is very wonky. My Angel/Bob game Violet and Green belts do not fit the color scheme of the corresponding Beltbox. Green to Violet. Violet to Green. What is going on?
No idea, some other mod probably, it doesn't do that for me with just Bob's Logistics 0.16.15. I know Bob is talking about changing all the colours around and messing with belt speeds but I didn't think it was done yet.

Return to “Mods”