MaxStrategy's Factorio Let's Play

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

MaxStrategy's Factorio Let's Play

Post by MaxStrategy »

Heyo, small-time youtuber here : )

I published some Factorio guides a while back and I recently started a new Factorio LP series, a new episode every day. I also occasionally stream Factorio live on Twitch.

Please check out my videos, I hope they are helpful or at least entertaining! Feel free to comment with your own tips + tricks or silently judge my playstyle lol.

I tend to play other strategy/survival oriented games that you might find interesting too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumStrategy

http://www.twitch.tv/maximumstrategy

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MaxStrategy's Factorio Let's Play

Post by -root »

Welcome back. Keen to have a watch tonight :D

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Just watched Ep. 4 | Factorio | Let's Survive + Thrive!
This shows a very nice temporary (though not optimal) tier 1 and 2 science production.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

Heyo, thanks for watching -root and HeilTec! :D

I try to be efficient but I'm definitely not as optimal as many of the hardcore players here. Feel free to critique my setups and provide superior alternatives. I play for fun and part of the fun for me is making things at least a little better and more efficient each time. I look at Factorio as a continual incremental improvement type of game. I think I could probably make my electronics setup a lot better, I'm not really happy about it but I don't have a massive amount of room where I started it up so I went for a more compact solution heh.

At my current point I just unlocked modules and I am considering the merits of switching a couple dozen steel furnaces to electric ones with modules to keep up with the iron plate demand. I might start making my factories more modular in the future, this playthrough is a bit of an experiment to see how far I can get with a few long belts lined with essentials (c.plates,i.plates,electronics,adv. electronics,steel,batteries).

Return to “Spread the Word”