Forum direct link from the main page

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Forum direct link from the main page

Post by ( Tchey ) »

Hi there,

I think you should have a direct link to the forum from the main page. "Contact" often means "send an email", and a lot of people don't do that. You have a Indigogo running, and it may be a good time to build a stronger community. Easy access to dedicated forum is one more step.

UnrealDiego
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Forum direct link from the main page

Post by UnrealDiego »

There is actually a small hidden button on the bottom right which links to the forum :D

But I agree, a more visible button would be neat.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Good and practical point. Couple of people brought it up already. I would like to avoid having the top menu too large though. I was thinking of adding the Community tab and moving most of the links from the Contact page over there. What do you think ?

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ( Tchey ) »

The easiest way i guess is to simply rename Contact to Community, and make the link to the forum more big or something.

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rymn »

slpwnd wrote:Good and practical point. Couple of people brought it up already. I would like to avoid having the top menu too large though. I was thinking of adding the Community tab and moving most of the links from the Contact page over there. What do you think ?
I agree you don't want the navigation to become over encumbered, but I think, as stated above, that a 'Community' link in the top level navigation is critical to maintaining the community especially because the forums, wiki, ect are not hosted on the factorio.com domain.

rymn

Return to “Spread the Word”