Any female LP's on YouTube?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Any female LP's on YouTube?

Post by Peter34 »

I know this is going to sound bizarrely fetishistic, but it might be fun to watch a female LP video/series on YT.

So far almost all have been male, with only two exceptions. One fake exception is a dude playing, with facecam on himself and on a young woman (unclear if it's his daughter or girlfriend) but she doesn't play at all, she just makes jokes and acts silly. So not true MP. Not MP at all, in fact, since she has no in-game character.

The two real ones, are a few videos by a youtuber named Morgan, who hasn't done a proper LP where she records from the start of the game and forward, instead of dumping us in medias res into an already very elaborate factory, which really isn't fun to watch (it's like beginning with book 5 of a multi-novel series), and then a husband-and-wife team who did a part 1 of a LP but seems to not have made any more (you find it by searching for factorio wife).

I'd really like to see a solo LP by a female player. Is there such a thing?

If not, should Wube try to encourage one being made? I think it'd be good PR.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Any female LP's on YouTube?

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

If you understand german look at Tondinels channel :)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:If you understand german look at Tondinels channel :)
That's the problem. I only understand Danish and English, and with some difficulty (depending on the dialects) Norwegian and Swedish. So a lot of LPs are completely off-limits to me.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I found an LP done by a female (search for tina factorio - if you really want to see it) , but there's... well, cam-whoring is a very strong word to use, and not actually appropriate, but she's very actively collecting financial contributions during play. Male LP'ers tend to at the most have a Patreon link down under the video window.

It was so annoying that I ended up closing it down. I can't watch something like that (unlike honest webcam work - I'm 100% OK with women providing an actual web cam service in exchange for payment from gentlemen admirers, but the whole "I have the XY chromosomes, and I am playing a computer game, that alone is good reason why you should give me lots of money!" thing was just bizarrely strange).

So I'm still looking for a done-from-the-start English language LP done by a female, that's not all about raking in cash donations.

Heck, it appears there's a market niche. Any female who can and will play Factorio, but who can and will be at least slightly less obnoxious about it than this "Tina" person, can probably earn a good bit via Patreon, as well as direct YouTube income.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Another thing is, after I searched out and tried one of Tondinel's videos, just to give it a try (to see if my extremely limited German was enough - it wasn't), it seems as if YouTube is giving me more German hits or even just more foreign-langauge hits in general, when I do a sorted-by-time search on "factorio" to se new videos. I didn't get only pure English (or pure English or Danish) hits before that, but it does seem as if I get more foreign language hits now, because YouTube's algorithm may have gotten the silly idea that I can actually use those.

So anyone searching for "Tondinel" risks having YouTube's hit how algorithm become "polluted", at least for a time (weeks, maybe a month or two). Don't do it if you prefer to get as few non-English hits as possible.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Yes, that is always a possibility on Youtube, I usually watch content I don't want in my recommended list in a private browser window / tab.

I think you can remove these afterwards by removing them from your watch history: https://www.youtube.com/feed/history
And maybe the search history:
https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/search_history
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I've recently found two female let's Players that do things in the conventional way. Start from the start (unlike Morgan), and no aggressive solicitations for money (none at all in fact, but the problem with "Tina" was that it was really extreme, not in itself that she did it).

Bethany is still learning the game, but she's doing alright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGSA0tKQJc
She says the f-word a lot, and other "bad" words, which will amuse some, and a few will even find additional amusement in her choice to refer to Iron Gear Wheels as "cogs".
Me, I just think it's nice to see Factorio being less of a sausagefest. And as usual it's fun to watch a new player learn the game, and have several of these minor epiphanies.

Lollypop Videos is sadly only in 480p, and she hasn't responded to my complaint about that. She understands the game, though, and plays fairly well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiN2wvuWx0
I also am not sure she'll contine with more videos after the 2nd...

PUNISHER989
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PUNISHER989 »

Peter34 wrote:I've recently found two female let's Players that do things in the conventional way. Start from the start (unlike Morgan), and no aggressive solicitations for money (none at all in fact, but the problem with "Tina" was that it was really extreme, not in itself that she did it).

Bethany is still learning the game, but she's doing alright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGSA0tKQJc
She says the f-word a lot, and other "bad" words, which will amuse some, and a few will even find additional amusement in her choice to refer to Iron Gear Wheels as "cogs".
Me, I just think it's nice to see Factorio being less of a sausagefest. And as usual it's fun to watch a new player learn the game, and have several of these minor epiphanies.

Lollypop Videos is sadly only in 480p, and she hasn't responded to my complaint about that. She understands the game, though, and plays fairly well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiN2wvuWx0
I also am not sure she'll contine with more videos after the 2nd...
noooo, they both are terrible.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Here's a third one, although it appears as if there'll be no more than this one single part from M-K, as she is closing her channel and starting a new (more anonymous) YT project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0a4aIbfbXk

Lollypop Videos doesn't use facecam, but so far it appears as if 100% of facefam-using English-speaking Factorio LP'ers go in for some kind of hair dye.

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bripi »

Search for "Factorio belt diva" and there's one. She likes belts!

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

what is an LP?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

impetus maximus wrote:what is an LP?
Let's Play
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

KatherineOfSky has done some YouTube stuff, although I am not sure if there is an entire LP series. She is also the author of two of the best guides on Steam that I have ever read.

I strongly suspect that she will be the result of the "belt diva" search suggested above :-)

Glitterspin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Glitterspin »

Sorry to necro the thread...

KatherineOfSky actually has some super interesting LPs, like a ribbon worlds that's 100 tiles high x infinitely wide.
Looking for people to play with! Not sure the ettiquette or things. Ideally, I'd like peeps that can play fairly often, and with voicechat.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Acarin wrote:I strongly suspect that she will be the result of the "belt diva" search suggested above :-)
Yes, that's her.

RamsesIV.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RamsesIV. »

Koub wrote:
Let's Play
Are you sure? I was thinking something else... :oops:

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

RamsesIV. wrote:
Koub wrote:
Let's Play
Are you sure? I was thinking something else... :oops:
LongPlay?

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Naamloos-2.jpg
Naamloos-2.jpg (27.03 KiB) Viewed 9756 times
:lol:
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

PiteR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PiteR »

If no one before mentioned, there is Katherine Of Sky

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Look Up ^ :roll:
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Return to “Spread the Word”