Markiplier Factorio Lets-Play?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Markiplier Factorio Lets-Play?

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

If I may suggest: The devs should contact Markiplier and ask him to try the game. It would probably give the game good publicity and increase steam sales!

If anyone has any info on how to contact him to make a request, please reply to this topic!
The devs would (probably) appreciate it!
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Markiplier Factorio Lets-Play?

Post by Overene »

Youtubers rarely reply to requests like these unless they are sponsored, though.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

What bbout pewdiepie :^)

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

MalcolmCooks wrote:What bbout pewdiepie :^)
\

To be honest, I'm really not too enthusiastic about a pewdiepie lets-play. I like the guy, but he gets overzealous about the game, then he just writes it off as a joke. Just look what he did for Besiege.
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

Haha I was jk ;^)
Factorio is probably too "niche" of a game for most popular LPers, I would look towards some LPers of simulation games, such as moleman or squirrel.

Kazaanh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kazaanh »

Not sure.

Mark is not very *creative* when it comes to the engineering games. I saw him playing Subnautica and it was terrible, no idea how you can miss so many basic things. Also lately he tends to scream too much, don't like it.

Pewdiepie, he isn't gonna play it. Maybe privately he already played but releasing a comedy video about it? Not sure if its possible.

The best choice would be to get jacksepticeye to LP this game, he really likes games like this and his commentary is really nice. He plays in his own style, like he did with Papers Please LP, it was quite enjoyable to view.

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

UPDATE: Markiplier has officially started a Factorio lets-play! From the looks of it, it will probably become a series! Will post video link later.
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit

Iridium Ore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Iridium Ore »

GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:UPDATE: Markiplier has officially started a Factorio lets-play! From the looks of it, it will probably become a series! Will post video link later.
I would have to agree that this will be a good series, even for other YouTubers to play as well.
Also, I don't want to get aggressive in any way, but...
...That's his first video.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yea, there was a small spike, which is very unusual on monday :)

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

kovarex wrote:Yea, there was a small spike, which is very unusual on monday :)
Yeah, but this was kind of expected. By me at least.

Mark may have ~12,000,000 subs, but only on average about 1/25 of those subscribers actually watch his videos. (which is about 480000, for the less mathematically inclined.)

If all ~12 million would watch the video, I would estimate sales to grow by about 10⁷, if my math is correct based on current steam rating trends.

Well, all we can do is wait and see!
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

I will write to Gronkh and Br4mm3n (from Pietsmiet). They are famous german Youtubers, probably they will test it.
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Raizune
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A Famous Youtuber started doing a let's play on Factorio!

Post by Raizune »

merged with existing thread
-- daniel34

Woo! This very much could mean more sales for Factorio, more people active on the multiplayer side. I'm actually excited to see what is to come after this.

Said video [Markiplier] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzOrGpcy1Zg:

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Tepalus wrote:I will write to Gronkh and Br4mm3n (from Pietsmiet). They are famous german Youtubers, probably they will test it.
Yeah, might bump up Steam sales, but only a small bit. it's all about geography.

Czech Repub. literally borders Germany. Google ads and other things like youtube base their databases on certain areas. If something goes big in the EU, it's usually advertised in the EU more than any other continent and/or country. So if those youtubers do the videos, most likely sales won't increase too much. :|

Pewdiepie is a great example of this. Pewds actually lived in several places. Sweden, the US, and Germany. Youtube takes that data and says: "Oh, this person has lived here! That must mean his content is relevant to this, this, and this area!", and it gets advertised respectively based on the geographical hotspots that Pewds left behind.
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit

busterbackster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by busterbackster »

actually made an account to post this since ive been reading the forums a lot just never really been into actually being a part of them but i think Ethoslab would be into the game been a bit since i last watched him but i remember him loving games like these and he is pretty popular

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Tepalus wrote:I will write to Gronkh and Br4mm3n (from Pietsmiet). They are famous german Youtubers, probably they will test it.
Rahmschnitzel has begun a LP :). But as always he is a bit confused/erratic :). I like to watch him and yell at the screen :D

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

I actually learned and bought the game because of Markiplier's Lets Play. And now I can't stop! I've already convinced a few of my friends to get it!

chemicalemon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chemicalemon »

his series got me into the game and my best friend, so i think that hes doing a great job of showing the the Cool but crazy things you can do, and not a lot of LPs can do that and promote the way his does.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Nerdcubed Completes?

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I have watched all the episodes so far (a new one got released recently - it seems he hasn't given up on the game yet), and compared to something like Markiplier's Subnautica videos (of which I've seen two recent ones) there's relatively little shouting.

WIndir19
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WIndir19 »

GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:
kovarex wrote:Yea, there was a small spike, which is very unusual on monday :)
Yeah, but this was kind of expected. By me at least.

Mark may have ~12,000,000 subs, but only on average about 1/25 of those subscribers actually watch his videos. (which is about 480000, for the less mathematically inclined.)

If all ~12 million would watch the video, I would estimate sales to grow by about 10⁷, if my math is correct based on current steam rating trends.

Well, all we can do is wait and see!
Hey, watching Markiplier play made me want to buy the game. That said I don't buy every game from a Let's Play but this game was something special.

Return to “Spread the Word”