Steam-only questions

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Tongs
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Steam-only questions

Post by Tongs »

I recently bought Factorio on Steam, and was able to link my Factorio and Steam accounts. Based on earlier comments it looks like this was not possible previously, but the integration is in place now.

After linking my accounts I am now able to download non-Steam versions of Factorio.

erowlin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by erowlin »

binbinhfr wrote:
Koub wrote:1)
2) You have a way to get older releases of Factorio with the "Beta" tab, but you have only very fex of them, far less that on the website.
Factorio - Beta.JPG
If you cannot see the list of beta, just restart Steam.
I had to do it right after the installation for the list to be populated.
Came here to find a beta access key until I figured this out and avoid people to do the same searches :).

Zuleah
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zuleah »

so... i dont know if anyone else has had this happen but I had beta options i downloaded 0.13 launched it then a little while later it made me download the release version... when i went back into the properties tab all the beta options disappeared and are still gone even after restarting steam and the computer...

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NomisCode »

Steam betas are invisible? Why? Please let them come back.
Please consider English is not my native language. :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Had a look and it's also gone by at my Steam App.
Klonan wrote:We just launched as stable, so a lot more people are using it, we will add some more power and see if that helps
Maybe this could mean the game is now stable with 0.13.18 and betas are not visible because of this anymore.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

What version number is Steam showing for Factorio in your game lists?

Mine over here has no version number, it just says 'Factorio' in my game list. It used to mention whatever version I was on during beta, but not anymore now that it is stable. When I save, it says 13.20 in the save file.

However, downstairs on my second system and on my brother's system, it says 'Factorio 13.15' in the game list, but 13.20 in the save files (which I think is correct?). We're not opted in for any betas and should be on the stable release according to the save file, but the version number on Steam screwed up on both systems. Odd.

I can still opt in for betas if I want to (13.18, 13.19, 14.0, 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, latest exp. and 12.35), on all three systems.

Sunder1977
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sunder1977 »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/failtolawl ... ed/427520/

Steam review that is spreading false and misleading information. Everyone needs to go report it. This kind of thing should not be acceptable.

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

I didn't report him/her, because I don't think he/she's violating the Steam Terms of Service or Online Conduct Rules.

I did mark his/her review as unhelpful however, and replied as well.

I got kinda angry when I read it, hahaha! I just love Factorio and the way the developers handle everything.

EDIT: the user is actively deleting comments on his review.

Sephrat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sephrat »

Sunder1977 wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/id/failtolawl ... ed/427520/

Steam review that is spreading false and misleading information. Everyone needs to go report it. This kind of thing should not be acceptable.
I had a look at his review history, he made exactly the same kind of review for Rimworld which I believe do not deserve this kind of review either. We just can't do anything about this except thumbing down his review... :(

Return to “Spread the Word”