Kage848 with an LP

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Kage848 with an LP

Post by -root »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvBI4mgLSuk

For those that don't know, Kage has approximately 50k subs and is a pretty nice guy. He's raw at the moment, but he's going to bring some more attention to the game.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Kage848 with an LP

Post by Peter34 »

We do need to try to get Kage848 to update from 11.22 to 12.6, but keep in mind that by the time he posted his 1st video, he had already recorded a total of 8, so at the very, very earliest his 9th video will be an alpha 12 one. Also, bombarding him with pressure to upgrade, from all sides, might be counter-productive. I and several other commentors have already suggested he upgrade, multiple times, and explained to him that upgrading doesn't mean he'll have to start over.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

He's just updated with episode 5. So he'll be showing the up to date version from now on.

Its really interesting talking to some of these people... They're all like
experiemental release? nah, that'll be buggy and unstable as fuck
and then we're all like
lol, welcome to factorio newb. this game is stronk like it's Czech creators

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

-root wrote:
I do tell people that I plan on staying clear of 13.0. That I won't start the grand coop MP game I've played until 13.1 comes out. But yet, Factorio is very stable. It's also late alpha. Just labeling it as "alpha" is a bit misleading. It's pretty damn close to beta by now, I'd say.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Peter34 wrote:
-root wrote:
I do tell people that I plan on staying clear of 13.0. That I won't start the grand coop MP game I've played until 13.1 comes out. But yet, Factorio is very stable. It's also late alpha. Just labeling it as "alpha" is a bit misleading. It's pretty damn close to beta by now, I'd say.
I need to discuss this further with kovarex. But for going to Steam with 0.12 stable it seems logical to me to say the game is in the beta stage ...

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

slpwnd wrote:
Peter34 wrote:I need to discuss this further with kovarex. But for going to Steam with 0.12 stable it seems logical to me to say the game is in the beta stage ...
Game is in beta stage when all planned features are already implemented and only thing left is bug fixing. Afaik there is still parts of end game that are not implemented so game can't go into beta.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

-root wrote:
and then we're all like
lol, welcome to factorio newb. this game is stronk like it's Czech creators
Well said. I have not had a single crash in the ~100 hours of .12 Ive played :lol:
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

oLaudix wrote:
slpwnd wrote:
Peter34 wrote:I need to discuss this further with kovarex. But for going to Steam with 0.12 stable it seems logical to me to say the game is in the beta stage ...
Game is in beta stage when all planned features are already implemented and only thing left is bug fixing. Afaik there is still parts of end game that are not implemented so game can't go into beta.
I didn't write the above. I'd love for Kovarex to listen carefully to my feedback, and discuss it with me, but so far I haven't had any direct communications with him. The above was written by "slpwnd", not by me, despite the quoting making it look that way.

Return to “Spread the Word”