"My collaborations" in addition to "My mods"

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

"My collaborations" in addition to "My mods"

Post by Pi-C »

Today, I was about to report what I considered was a serious bug of the mod portal: I went to the page of somebody else's mod and found that I could edit that mod's FAQ! Well, turns out it wasn't a bug. I luckily thought of looking at the mod's permissions just before sending off my report and was surprised to notice that I've been added as collaborator, but hadn't been informed about it for some reason. :-D

I guess I would have noticed this sooner if there was a link not only to the mods that I'm the author of, but also to the mods where I'm registered as collaborator. Could you include such a button, please?

Perhaps it's also possible to get notified by e-mail if somebody adds me as collaborator? (I guess the mod author adding me as collaborator didn't tell me about it because he thought I'd be informed automatically.) In fact, the notification system seems rather basic right now. As far as I know, you can only change your e-mail address, but there's no way to configure what events you get notified about. All you can do now is to unsubscribe from notifications about replies/new threads on discussion boards. Having a list where you can check what events should or should not trigger a mail would be really nice! :-)
Last edited by Pi-C on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Re: "My collaborations" in addition to "My mods"

Post by TRauMa »

Yes, that would be very helpful. Also, right now if you upload a mod zip as a collaborator, it looks like the original author did it, and people try to contact them even if they're not around any more.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

+1

New discussions should also show the notification icon and or email for collaboraters.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

steinio wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:29 am
+1

New discussions should also show the notification icon and or email for collaboraters.
You can receive notifications for new discussions for any mod by going to the discussion page and hitting the subscribe button!
ovo

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:04 pm
steinio wrote:
+1

You can receive notifications for new discussions for any mod by going to the discussion page and hitting the subscribe button!
Ah i see now. Only saw the subscribe button in existing discussion threads.
Thanks for implementing it so fast :P

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

steinio wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Ah i see now. Only saw the subscribe button in existing discussion threads.
Thanks for implementing it so fast :P
This isn't new :)
ovo

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:04 pm
steinio wrote:
+1

That would only work if you know that you're collaborator on a mod (which isn't always the case, as the original post shows). So, having a button "My collaborations" next to "My mods" would still be useful.:-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Pi-C wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:34 pm
That would only work if you know that you're collaborator on a mod (which isn't always the case, as the original post shows).
Due to $stuff happening you are now notified of being added (and have to confirm). viewtopic.php?p=479312#p479312

Still wouldn't hurt to have a distinct listing for collaborations i guess.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:56 pm
Due to $stuff happening you are now notified of being added (and have to confirm). viewtopic.php?p=479312#p479312
I've seen that.
Still wouldn't hurt to have a distinct listing for collaborations i guess.
Right, a mail is one thing (would help against not even knowing that you're collaborator on a mod), but having something like a personal links page from where one can easily access all mods one contributes to would be helpful -- for example if you have to update a bunch of mods after a breaking change in an experimental release of vanilla. :-)

Anders142536
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Anders142536 »

I recently became a collaborator for a mod and was highly confused that I cannot find a nice list of my collaborations anywhere. Please add this somewhere.

bumping this instead of creating a new thread

Sacredanarchy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sacredanarchy »

I also would like a my collaborations tab/link to display a list, this would be very useful.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”