Removing posts on the mod portal

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Removing posts on the mod portal

Post by Pi-C »

The discussion boards over on the mod portal have a rather primitive interface, there's not much one can do except for editing and quoting a post. It has happened to me more than once already that I clicked the wrong button and quoted my own post instead of changing it -- ending up with 2 very similar posts that can't be removed. There are Unsubscribe, Lock, and Trash buttons, but I suppose they work per thread, not per post.

Could you add a Delete button there, please, so users can remove their own posts again if they made a mistake?

@Moderators: Not sure if this request belongs under "This Forum", so feel free to move it to a more appropriate place if necessary! :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Removing posts on the mod portal

Post by Deadlock989 »

I would also like to be able to remove offensive/spam posts by other people on a discussion page that I'm the moderator of, without having to trash the whole thread.

Side note: the "Subscribe to reponses" checkbox next to the reply box doesn't seem to work. I always seem to get subscribed to that thread whether the box is ticked or not.

Other wishlists:

- sticky posts (i.e. threads that stay at the top of the list)
- banning repeat offenders from using the discussion page
- "Unsubscribe all" button on the Notifications page
- really, really not using Gravatar for profile avatar

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 am
- sticky posts (i.e. threads that stay at the top of the list)
- banning repeat offenders from using the discussion page
+1
Deadlock989 wrote:
- "Unsubscribe all" button on the Notifications page
+0.5
Deadlock989 wrote:
- really, really not using Gravatar for profile avatar
+infinity

It gets more and more apparent that the mod portal is just a second "forum" and would benefit from not reinventing the wheel, the car, and the whole road network, and instead using a standard forum software.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I always found that second forum a bit silly - how feasible it would be to require a forum account for posting mods on the mod portal and have the creation of a new mod to auto-generate a thread - automatically duplicating all the information from the mod portal ?
(You would also need some code for subforums for the prolific modders though... automated too once a mod author crossed a threshold of X mods ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”