"Mod with that name already exists."

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Emlcanada1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"Mod with that name already exists."

Post by Emlcanada1 »

I have recently tried to upload an updated mod (has been outdated for > 1 year) to the mod portal. I have filled out everything appropriately and followed the Factorio Wiki but despite what name I give this mod it always tells me "Mod with that name already exists." The file name has no spaces.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing? I have just updated the version of TurboTurbo to the most recent version of Factorio as it seems some of us have been asking for this for a while.

Thank you for your help and time!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Mod with that name already exists."

Post by DaveMcW »

Updating other people's mods is not allowed. If you get the author's permission they can transfer ownership to you.

Otherwise you need to make a new "name" field in info.json and the zip/folder name, and submit it as a new mod. Also ensure that the original mod's license allows you to do that.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: "Mod with that name already exists."

Post by Sanqui »

DaveMcW is correct. If you wish to continue maintaining somebody else's mod, I suggest contacting the creator of the mod and asking them to make you a collaborator, or transfer ownership of the mod to you.
ovo

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”