Portal fails parsing valid changelog.txt

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Portal fails parsing valid changelog.txt

Post by Optera »

Please fix the portal's changelog parser to work exactly like the in game parser.
This mod has a working changelog in game, but the portal refuses to display it.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Portal fails parsing valid changelog.txt

Post by Sanqui »

The problem was that the Mod Portal expects the file to be named changelog.txt (i.e. case sensitive). I'll be fixing this soon.
ovo

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Same issue here: The contents of changelog.txt is shown in the game, but not on the mod portal page. I've uploaded three days ago, so I guess something is wrong. :-)

[Edit: wrong information removed]

Update: Turns out nothing was wrong! It seems to be intended that the mod portal hides the changelog for the first release of a mod. After you release an update, the changelog will be shown. I just updated the changelog tutorial accordingly. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Pi-C wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 pm
Update: Turns out nothing was wrong! It seems to be intended that the mod portal hides the changelog for the first release of a mod. After you release an update, the changelog will be shown. I just updated the changelog tutorial accordingly. :-)
That's not intended at all, that's a bug! Thanks for finding it, I'll fix it soon :)
ovo

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm
The problem was that the Mod Portal expects the file to be named changelog.txt (i.e. case sensitive). I'll be fixing this soon.
Game expects it to be all lower case too, though. But it is not enforced on Windows when the file is loaded from directory (instead of zip file), because Window's filesystem functions are case insensitive.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

posila wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 am
Sanqui wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Game expects it to be all lower case too, though. But it is not enforced on Windows when the file is loaded from directory (instead of zip file), because Window's filesystem functions are case insensitive.
Oh, that makes sense. So this changelog would load in Factorio on Windows, but not Linux. I've already got some checks for similar problems in place, so I'll make the Mod Portal throw an error on this too.
ovo

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”