Mod portal upload error!

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
unhott
Inserter
Inserter

Mod portal upload error!

Post by unhott »

I can't figure out what's wrong!

Here is the error I'm getting:
Error: Failed to parse info.json: Unexpected UTF-8 BOM (decode using utf-8-sig): line 1 column 1 (char 0) (code: 500)

Any thoughts?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod portal upload error!

Post by DaleStan »

I'd guess you have an unexpected UTF-8 BOM at the start of your info.json. Open it in a hex editor. (I use frhed, though it doesn't really want to let you edit files.) If the first three bytes are "EF BB BF", delete them, save, and update the ZIP file.

I'm of the opinion that the mod portal should accept that, especially if Factorio itself does, but this'll probably do the trick until/unless the portal is updated.

unhott
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mod portal upload error!

Post by unhott »

DaleStan wrote:I'd guess you have an unexpected UTF-8 BOM at the start of your info.json. Open it in a hex editor. (I use frhed, though it doesn't really want to let you edit files.) If the first three bytes are "EF BB BF", delete them, save, and update the ZIP file.

I'm of the opinion that the mod portal should accept that, especially if Factorio itself does, but this'll probably do the trick until/unless the portal is updated.

Spot on, you're awesome, thank you!

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”