[Request/Question]Mod portal img size limit

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
osldgoth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Request/Question]Mod portal img size limit

Post by osldgoth »

I tried to add many png images to one of my mods on the portal only to get an "unknown error" after each upload. The images in question have a size grater than 5MB, is that the limit? Can the limit be added to the page somewhere and/or update the error to say the limit. Anyway the limit can be increased? These images were taken via the game using the /screenshot command.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request/Question]Mod portal img size limit

Post by eradicator »

Convert them to jpeg. Uploading huge images doesn't only slow down browsing your mods page, it's also rude towards anyone on a metered connection. If you for some reason actually need pngs then do color space reduction on them first, or use quantization tools.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Skyshrim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skyshrim »

I am also getting an "Unknown Error" for seemingly no reason. My only image is a 32kb jpg and my mod is only 1.3kb.

This is driving me insane to be honest, I've spent more time troubleshooting this than I spent making my mod.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

If you upload the failing images here, I can take a look.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”