"Failed to connect to the mod portal"

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

"Failed to connect to the mod portal"

Post by FuryoftheStars »

In game I get the thread title, "Failed to connect to the mod portal". Using Internet Explorer, it's "An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. "
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

KnoT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: "Failed to connect to the mod portal"

Post by KnoT »

Well yea mod portal is Dead since 0.15 release and plz don't use Internet Explorer is not a safe browser.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Any idea why it's dead? It was working yesterday after the release.

And IE isn't an unsafe browser.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

KnoT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KnoT »

I bet it is dead because of amount of requests it is getting from Game Client and Web Site so server can't handle them.

I am not gonna argue with you about IE browser safety there are numerus tests on the interwebs available or just watch any hacker con to see how much time they need to brake IE ( i don't think they even bother now anyway ), if you want 2 use Microsoft browser just use Edge then.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ok, well I was looking to, in a sense, confirm if that's the case and make sure that someone is aware. Didn't see anyone else posting about it.

Being an IT Tech in a company that is publicly traded (thus has SOX requirements to meet) with over two dozen IT professionals across the US, UK, and Germany and a company policy of no browsers other than IE allowed (except case by case basis for work related tasks on websites that don't support IE), I'm not going to argue that point either.

And not everyone has Windows 10.

EDIT: Something for the Devs, it should be noted that (in a case like this with poor connection), that if the user uses the in-game Mod manager to check for and download updates, if for some reason the connection drops/times-out mid download of multiple mods (so some were successfully updated and some weren't), the game will not automatically reload when the user hits back like it should. The user would have to manually exit then reopen the game for the updated mods to be applied. Not sure what (if any) kinds of problems this would create if they were to attempt to play without doing this.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

FuryoftheStars wrote:Ok, well I was looking to, in a sense, confirm if that's the case and make sure that someone is aware. Didn't see anyone else posting about it.

Being an IT Tech in a company that is publicly traded (thus has SOX requirements to meet) with over two dozen IT professionals across the US, UK, and Germany and a company policy of no browsers other than IE allowed (except case by case basis for work related tasks on websites that don't support IE), I'm not going to argue that point either.

And not everyone has Windows 10.

EDIT: Something for the Devs, it should be noted that (in a case like this with poor connection), that if the user uses the in-game Mod manager to check for and download updates, if for some reason the connection drops/times-out mid download of multiple mods (so some were successfully updated and some weren't), the game will not automatically reload when the user hits back like it should. The user would have to manually exit then reopen the game for the updated mods to be applied. Not sure what (if any) kinds of problems this would create if they were to attempt to play without doing this.
A company that forbids anything *but* IE? I'd really like to know who that is (Microsoft? ;-)), because I'd like to steer clear of its products...

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

:roll:

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”