IDEA: GSP Download Mods From Mod Portal

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

IDEA: GSP Download Mods From Mod Portal

Post by Satis »

Hi.
I'm Satis and I'm a huge Factorio supporter that has played since the beginning. I have clocked over 1000 hours playing this amazing game.

I would like to explain what this post is about.

I work for ABC Game Servers as an Engineer, I am working to add popular mods to our "1-Click-Mod-Installer" on TCAdmin2, to make life a little bit easier for our customers. I would like to download mods directly from the Mod Portal.
Sadly, the problem I have, is that you need to be logged in to be able to download the mod files, and since there is no way to login to the mod portal directly from TCAdmin2, I was wondering if there is a way to get the mods without having to login?
I have tried the link from the API, but no success.

If it's not possible, would it be possible to add a feature so I could use the username and token in the download link to authenticate? We have a copy of the game already.
Or, add a way for an GSP to register and use a unique code in the link?

A feature like this would make life a lot easier for GPSs, since the only way to do this otherwise, would be to download the mods manually and add them to each server individually, then add them to our "1-Click-Mod-Installer" for Factorio servers.

Another suggestion, IF the above is possible, could you add a download link that would send the latest version of the ZIP file, instead of us having to go in and change the version number of the file each time it's updated?

Hope you can consider this.

Kind regards
Satis
ABC Game Server Engineer.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”