[Mod Portal] Weird sorting after search

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Killerbee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Mod Portal] Weird sorting after search

Post by Killerbee »

I'm unable to create a gif at the moment so I will do my best to describe how to reproduce it.

I was searching for bob's mods, so I searched "bob" in the portal.
Then i pressed on the author name "Bobingabout" to see his mods.
I wanted to see which of his mods were downloaded most so I clicked on "Most downloaded"
Here is where the behavior started being wrong.

The result after clicking is that you sort the results of your search query "bob" while the url only contains https://mods.factorio.com/top and the searchbar is empty
So we are sorting a sub selection that is no longer specified and should no longer be valid.
Refreshing the page will therefore also show different results.

My expectation was that either the mods of Bobingabout would be sorted on most downloaded or that all mods would be sorted on most downloaded.

If you need more information I will create a gif showing the problem when I get home.

Killerbee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod Portal] Weird sorting after search

Post by Killerbee »

Why is this post moved from "Bug reports" to "Mod portal discussion"?
This is a bug report not a feature request.
Other mod portal bug reports I've posted in "Bug reports" have been resolved as expected and not moved to a discussion thread.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Mod Portal] Weird sorting after search

Post by Klonan »

Killerbee wrote:Why is this post moved from "Bug reports" to "Mod portal discussion"?
This is a bug report not a feature request.
Other mod portal bug reports I've posted in "Bug reports" have been resolved as expected and not moved to a discussion thread.
Its not a bug, the mod portal is just bad,

We are looking into rewriting it soon, but for now there is not point having this thread in the main bug reports forum, as it doesn't serve any purpose there

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”