[IDEA] Mark Install|Upgrade|Remove

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Selesthiel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[IDEA] Mark Install|Upgrade|Remove

Post by Selesthiel »

I looked to see if this had been suggested, but I didn't see it anywhere.

As of 0.14.7, the in-game mod browser takes action as soon as the user clicks the "Install" button. It would save the user a little time and some frustration if they could select a mod in the list and click a "Mark for Installation" button, which would have some visual notification that the mod has been marked (ex, highlight the row in the table green). The user could then mark other mods for installation with the same effects.

Once the user is ready, they can click the "Install" button. Factorio would then fetch/install all the mods marked for installation.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [IDEA] Mark Install|Upgrade|Remove

Post by Daid »

After installing all of bob's mods yesterday, I just dropped by to suggest this as well. Right now it is quite painful to use the ingame mod installer.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

+1 from me too.

In particular, it would make working with mod dependencies much easier - if I need to enable or disable a batch of mods, don't force a complete reload of the app between each one.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Same with deleting a mod... especially if I haven't had it toggled active to begin with.

-- Smoov

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”