Mod downloads failing

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mod downloads failing

Post by Xorimuth »

It looks like the mod portal has had some issues this evening, mod downloads are failing with the message “Install failed for [modname]: Download failed:”. I had this error ingame and others have been reporting it on the factorio discord. I’m afraid I can’t upload a log file right now, hopefully others are able to.

Some people are also reporting the game crashing when this error occurs whilst syncing mods with a server. I haven’t had this so I don’t have a log file with the error.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mod downloads failing

Post by vinzenz »

Xorimuth wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:57 am
It looks like the mod portal has had some issues this evening, mod downloads are failing with the message “Install failed for [modname]: Download failed:”. I had this error ingame and others have been reporting it on the factorio discord. I’m afraid I can’t upload a log file right now, hopefully others are able to.

Some people are also reporting the game crashing when this error occurs whilst syncing mods with a server. I haven’t had this so I don’t have a log file with the error.
There are more 404 errors than usual on our CDN but they're still at a very low rate. The logfile or some timestamps + modnames would be great to look into it in more detail.
bringing the oops to devops

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Looks like the game failing to handle this case (the 'crashes') is fixed now: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=103386
I haven't had any download problems today. The only name I remember for sure from yesterday was https://mods.factorio.com/mod/progressi ... multiplier, which was failing ~30 hours ago, but then started working.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rinchwind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rinchwind »

I'm still getting download problems on some mods (not all of them)
logs attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(17.16 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Thanks for the details everyone. I've reproduced the issue and I'm working on a fix with our CDN provider.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Our CDN Provider fixed the issue.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”