I can't log into mod portal

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I can't log into mod portal

Post by Silari »

vinzenz wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:53 am
Silari wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:59 pm
Yeah since my post I'm no longer logged into the mod portal and can't get back in - hitting login just reloads the page with no changes, no errors.

This is on Chrome. FF seems to be working fine.
hyspeed wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 pm
I was able to login using Firefox.

But that doesn't change that login is broken on the mod portal for some browsers.
Maybe you have an outdated session cookie. Could you please go to mods.factorio.com with Chrome, press F12 -> Application -> Cookies -> https://mods.factorio.com and check if you have two session cookies? for .factorio.com and one for mods.factorio.com? If yes the latter one is causing the issue, so please right-click -> delete the cookie with Domain=mods.factorio.com

I'm also working on a server-side fix for this issue. (and the CSRF session token expired issue)
yeah that seems to have done it. Keep in mind I had just deleted that session cookie a few weeks ago to fix the CSRF issue.

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Hi,

Firefox shows that I have 5 cookies for 'factorio.com', but it doesn't let me interact with them. I can't tell anything more than that. :(
I don't use FF, so if there is an extension that lets me manipulate cookies, I'll get it.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

hyspeed wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:56 pm
Hi,

Firefox shows that I have 5 cookies for 'factorio.com', but it doesn't let me interact with them. I can't tell anything more than that. :(
I don't use FF, so if there is an extension that lets me manipulate cookies, I'll get it.
You should be able to right-click -> delete them. Another option is to click on the lock symbol left to the url bar and select "Clear cookies and site data"
bringing the oops to devops

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Silari wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:31 pm
yeah that seems to have done it. Keep in mind I had just deleted that session cookie a few weeks ago to fix the CSRF issue.
I think it was another one. It's my current understanding that there are three session cookies at play here.

session cookie with Domain=factorio.com -> CSRF issue
session cookie with Domain=mods.factorio.com -> unable to login to mod portal issue
session cookie with Domain=.factorio.com -> the "new" session cookie from 1.5 years ago

factorio.com, mods.factorio.com should only set new cookies with name=session and domain=.factorio.com

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

vinzenz wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:55 am
ptx0 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:17 pm
ah, nope still can't login to mod portal.
Could please also check your session cookies for mods.factorio.com in Firefox?
i had to install it fresh but i only have a single one for .factorio.com there.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

thanks for the fix! either that or the cookies all expired :) there's one left for the 'factorio.com' domain, the remember_token cookie.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

factorio.com and mods.factorio.com now tries to delete invalid cookies in certain cases ;)

remember_token is still pending research...

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”