[0.18.36] [AngelBob+Overhaul] No longer possible to craft key items in hand after inventing algae farm

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.36] [AngelBob+Overhaul] No longer possible to craft key items in hand after inventing algae farm

Post by Mike Rosoft »

I have started a new game with AngelBob mods and full overhaul mode. After inventing algae farm (tech: Brown algae processing), it appears to be no longer possible to craft electric inserter in hand from raw materials (iron, copper, wood, etc.). I have checked the recipes in the craft chain, and it seems that the game can see that cellulose fiber can be crafted from green algae, but doesn't see the basic recipe that it can also be crafted from wood. (The complex recipe chain appears to confuse the hand crafting algorithm.)

The algae farm itself also can't be crafted in hand; I don't know why (the game doesn't show the required raw materials).
Attachments
BobAngel Overhaul.zip
(6.12 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.36] [AngelBob+Overhaul] No longer possible to craft key items in hand after inventing algae farm

Post by Mike Rosoft »

For the reason why the game doesn't let me craft algae farm - the reason seems to be the same: the game recognizes that grey boards can be made from paper, but doesn't recognize the basic recipe that they can be made from wood.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.36] [AngelBob+Overhaul] No longer possible to craft key items in hand after inventing algae farm

Post by mmmPI »

I have run into something similar with wooden pole. I'm only using angel's mods.
Here is my explanation: the game try to choose a receipe for the "manual" crafting, while doing so it "forgets" that there is a receipe to make cellulose fiber from wood as soon as you unlock another way to make cellulose fiber.

For wooden pole typically it doesn't show that i can make some from the inventory menu, the icon is greyed, and no number show up. ( even though i have wood and copper plate in inventory)

However as soon as i manually craft some cellulose fiber from the wood, then the game recognize again that i can make wooden pole from what i have in inventory. It doesn't automatically change my wood to cellulose fiber even though they are needed for wooden pole.

The raw material disappear i think when it becomes too many things, AND/OR ? when there are multiple ways of getting raw materials in which some are cycle.

It didn't happen with algae farm for me, i guess because i'm using a slightly different sets of mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”