Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Steen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Post by Steen »

I've opened in the bobs category a topic about the new sulfur requirement for the chemical science pack which is in combination with angels quite a pain in the ass to make, so could there maybe be a way to revert it back to solid fuel or a new recipe to make sulfur.

viewtopic.php?f=51&p=446845#p446845

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Post by xfir01 »

How are you making your sulfur? It's been my experience that it's hard to get rid of even before chemical science.

Steen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steen »

Mostly from sulfuric waste water made by slag slurry processing. But you need that sulfur to turn back into sulfuric acid.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

Yeah, that's net positive, but not a lot of excess, and becomes a net drain with ceramic filtering.

Clean coal is usually where I get most of it: Crushed Coal + purified water = coke + sulfuric waste water

Worst case you can burn the coke in electric boilers and get a bit of energy efficiency over straight coal. Or convert it to carbon. Need loads of that anyway.

Steen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steen »

Well true, but compared to solid fuel those recipes can be quite hard to balance with all those byproducts.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

I don't disagree.

You'd want to set up a priority storage for purified water and waste water, with an overflow to a clarifier.

1. Make purified water and void the saline water, pump purified into a Storage tank with a limiter to keep it topped off, but enough space for the waste water treatment to flow into it.
2. Coal is mined, so shortages there are outside the scope of this system, run that through liquifiers to get coke and waste water
3. I'm assuming Coke demand is enough that we don't have to worry about it backing up, which leaves us with wastewater
4. Wastewater produces purified water which just gets cycled back into the system, Mineral water is voided
5. Excess wastewater is tossed into a clarifier to keep coke production from stopping.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I'll post my reply from that thread here as well:

Sulfur is the easiest thing in Angel's to overproduce than any other item in the game. What you're doing wrong is that you're not washing your coal into coke to produce sulfuric waste water. Doing this early on will produce tens of thousands of sulfur per hour, eventually up to hundreds of thousands of sulfur as you scale upward.

The science pack change is actually the most welcoming thing for Angel's players to finally make use of the millions of stored sulfur throughout the game.

Return to “Angels Mods”