Jivolite deposits always line up with oil

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

0beron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Jivolite deposits always line up with oil

Post by 0beron »

Got to the point of setting up oil/gas in my 0.17 angel/bob game. Found several gas patches but no oil. Eventually I found 1 oil field, and wondered if I'd mucked up my map gen settings. Here's what I found when I generated a few new ones with default settings:
jivoil.png
jivoil.png (527.78 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
Arrowed are all the jivolite deposits, and they seem to _always_ line up with the oil fields, like they're on the same noise layer. On the map preview they are visible at the same time, but in game the oil fields are obscured by the jivolite, and only when an oil field falls _just_ outside a jivolite patch can you see it and use it. This will make oil extremely rare across the whole map, since almost all the oil will be covered, everywhere.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

I've seen this in 0.17.53, 0.17.58, with full bob+angel, and no other mods. I see some changes to 'resource generator functions' in the changelogs, but I have the most up to data angels-refining (0.10.13) and angels-infinite-ores (0.8.10)

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Jivolite deposits always line up with oil

Post by mmmPI »

I have seen some similar issue with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/leighzerscienceores, where some of the added ore have the same problem as what you describe with jivolite and oil. It seems to be a change from the vanilla game that modders have to adapt to, and some of them might be busier than others ;)

viewtopic.php?t=19652&start=3400

0beron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0beron »

Ah, I see it’s also cropped up in the bug thread with coal overlapping rubyte. For now I fixed it by using a map gen settings change mod to double oil frequency, so I get twice as many oil patches, half of which are covered by jivolite, so it winds up being equivalent to normal frequency. Had to hike a good distance to find a new chunk but it’s salvaged this game!

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

0beron wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:50 pm
Ah, I see it’s also cropped up in the bug thread with coal overlapping rubyte. For now I fixed it by using a map gen settings change mod to double oil frequency, so I get twice as many oil patches, half of which are covered by jivolite, so it winds up being equivalent to normal frequency. Had to hike a good distance to find a new chunk but it’s salvaged this game!

So, relatedly, I also reported a similar issue with Krastorio sand generation being overlapped by vanilla ores, and ToGOS was kind enough to look into it and explain what changes were required. When applied by the Krastorio team they did, in fact, fix the problem. The root is a set of changes intended to make this wildly more robust that require some minor changes on the mod side:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72487&hilit=sand+g ... on#p442380

I believe the executive summary is to use "patch_set_name" or "name" instead of the index, and you will always get a non-overlapping index regardless of how many mod ores are generated. So ... I guess do that on your resource autoplace things?

Return to “Angels Mods”