two different fertilizer with bob's greenhouse + angel's bio processing

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

two different fertilizer with bob's greenhouse + angel's bio processing

Post by sparr »

Maybe they should be combined? The one from Bob's is significantly harder to make, as far as I can see.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: two different fertilizer with bob's greenhouse + angel's bio processing

Post by Termak »

You shouldnt even use Bobgreenhouse, especially if you have Angels

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Some day I will figure out what the expected path to automating wood production is without bob's greenhouse mod. I refuse to harvest thousands of wood by hand. I tried to figure out some of the processes with Angel's Bio Processing this time around and got lost a dozen recipes deep.

Barhandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Barhandar »

sparr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:30 pm
Some day I will figure out what the expected path to automating wood production is without bob's greenhouse mod. I refuse to harvest thousands of wood by hand. I tried to figure out some of the processes with Angel's Bio Processing this time around and got lost a dozen recipes deep.
It's green algae -> cellulose fiber; brown algae -> alginic acid, cellulose fiber + alginic acid -> cellulose pulp, cellulose pulp -> paper. Plus hydroprocessing to get the required fluids.

The problem? To achieve 15 boards/sec (full yellow belt) with the basic paper recipe, you need hundreds of algae farms and assembly machines and about 34MW of power dedicated to them alone. The resulting circuit factory is vanishingly small in comparison, taking just 35 (mk2)/7(mk6) assembling machines.

And if you try to use the "advanced" processes? Paper 3 by itself is somewhat manageable, but pulp 3 is an absolute nightmare of ingredients and waste outputs and top-up balancing.

You can't automate wood itself with algae (not that you need to, pellets can be made out of cellulose fiber), however you can with arboretums and those aren't anywhere near dozen recipes deep.

Angel's own actual wood-growing, meanwhile, requires exploration to get tree generators but outshines paper so hard it's not even funny. 4 generators, 16 arboretums for 1.1 trees/second plus a bit of iron input to make sawblades, and soil (mud from water filtration + compost from biomaterial such as brown algae in the composter).

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

sparr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:30 pm
Depends on whether you find the required special trees around the map. If you don't it's the process Barhandar mentioned. Otherwise it's just the specific seed generator which you build using the special tree you found which generates seeds which you grow in an arboretum. You'll need water and compost as well. The threes you get you combine with sawblades to get wood. To get compost you can just combine soil you get from cleaning muddy water in a washing plant with some organic product; I usually use the easiest to get algae.

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

Do you not use petrochem?

Return to “Angels Mods”