[done] Fluids how can hold xy% in a tank - "fluid control" and "Angels" (also bobs and AAI) mods are on board

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[done] Fluids how can hold xy% in a tank - "fluid control" and "Angels" (also bobs and AAI) mods are on board

Post by FritzHugo3 »

He guys, a little problem.

i have one production X. for fluid A.
I have another production Y. there produce also fluid A. but as an byproduct
I have a production Z. who need fluid A.

The first production only need to product if production Y are to slow.
The tank are not allowed to overflow because production y stops.
The tank are not allowed to underflow because production Z are stops.

The mods "Fluid Controll" and "Angels" have pipes with overflow 80% and underflow 80% but this is exact my problem. Both are 80%.
What i need is something like this -

If the tank are 80% full than production X dont let new fluids flow in the tank and the tank waste the fluid in a sewage plant.
If the tank are maybe 60% full than production X dont let new fluids flow in the tank and the tank dont waste the fluid in a sewage plant.
If the tank are maybe 40% full than production X must let new fluids flow in the tank and the tank dont waste the fluid in a sewage plant.

Is there a way without red- and greenwire chaos?
Last edited by FritzHugo3 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Fluids how can hold xy% in a tank - "fluid control" and "Angels" (also bobs and AAI) mods are on board

Post by xfir01 »

The circuit condition setup wouldn't be too bad, you could do it with a single pump.

Set the pump on the input for X and set the circuit condition to "on when fluid amount is < 40%".
Set an additional overflow pipe to the sewage and you're done.

Y and Z will always be on. When the amount is > 80% the overflow kicks in and starts draining it off to wastewater.
X will only kick on when the amount is < 40%.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Fluids how can hold xy% in a tank - "fluid control" and "Angels" (also bobs and AAI) mods are on board

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Realy i hate this circuits ^^.

Ok, i have from the tank a cable to the input from an Arithmic combinator (right?)
The yellow * for input, than % than 40
Output is green color (the yellow X are not working because the pump havent this option)

Than i have a wire from the Arithmic combinator to the normal vanila pump
Input is the green color (returns the % input from the combinator right?), >, 40

What i do wrong?

(Why cant have the pumps directly have an option for % xy on/off ^^ like the traintanks)

Realy thx xfir01 for youre guide and sorry for my english, the school are a long time ago ;-).
Du sprichst nicht zufällig Deutsch grins ;-) just a joke.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

You want to connect the tank to the pump directly (no combinators needed). And then set the enabled condition on the pump to be the numerical value for 40% of whatever the capacity of the tank is.

Here I'm using a standard storage tank, so 25,000 * .4 = 10,000. And you'll want to set the check condition to use the fluid type you're storing, so for example, enable when Sulfuric Waste water < 10k.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Dam, oh man. So easy is it. Im so stupid lol.

Realy thank you for youre help.

(I have spend houres to think about, do it with tanktrains or some other stupi things ^^)

Have a great day, have fun, thx.

And yeahr this day satisfactory ea-release - i think the most Factoryplayer will love the game too.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [done] Fluids how can hold xy% in a tank - "fluid control" and "Angels" (also bobs and AAI) mods are on board

Post by steinio »

FYI the % stands for modulo calculation not percent.

Example: 7 % 2 is 1

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”