[0.16.x] Geode to anything ?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

plamdown
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.x] Geode to anything ?

Post by plamdown »

Hello :)

I noticed some weird stuff using bob+angel + other mods, basically, i was able to make a total autonomous geode to crystal slurry to mineral sludge farm, leading to infinite resources at the expanse of space / energy (but without ore patch, which is kind of cool, okay only coal for filtering). I don't know yet if its angel / bob - or any mods i have also add like bio industries, need more testing :).

The setup is basically :
- Heavy water -> geode
- geode -> crystal slurry, here for the sulfuric acid, using the sulfuric waste water from the filtration unit is enought to create enought sulfur
- crystal slurry -> mineral sludge

The mineralized water is generated by the crushed stone from the geode crushing though a liquifier.

Will try to test the setup with only bob + angel when i have time.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Geode to anything ?

Post by Termak »

It works but its superslow compared to actually mining.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

plamdown wrote:Hello :)

I noticed some weird stuff using bob+angel + other mods, basically, i was able to make a total autonomous geode to crystal slurry to mineral sludge farm, leading to infinite resources at the expanse of space / energy (but without ore patch, which is kind of cool, okay only coal for filtering). I don't know yet if its angel / bob - or any mods i have also add like bio industries, need more testing :).

The setup is basically :
- Heavy water -> geode
- geode -> crystal slurry, here for the sulfuric acid, using the sulfuric waste water from the filtration unit is enought to create enought sulfur
- crystal slurry -> mineral sludge

The mineralized water is generated by the crushed stone from the geode crushing though a liquifier.

Will try to test the setup with only bob + angel when i have time.
Well there is also a tech, which generates slag, hydrogen and oxygen from water. Then you can just flare the hydrogen and oxygen, and you got infinite slag which you can liquify to ore. If you then power your base with solar power, I think you can literally build a base, which can build a rocket, with water and sun as the only used resources.

plamdown
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by plamdown »

Yeah i noticed that too :D i actually have four of theses to create my sulfuric acid in my setup, so now its 5 crystal slurry and 1 slag slurry generating mineral sludge :) but i guess the slag method is even more efficient.
edit: The slag method is promising, since you don't need to flare everything, you can use the oxygen / hydrogen to create the purified water need to transform the slag slurry to mineral sludge, you can store the excess gaz generation or store it in a buffer for other use :) (you still need coal for the filtration unit, at least for the coal filters, not have test the other one :))

Of course its slower than the mining, but i have 1 lead and 1 tin per second with my setup, from 10 washing for geode, its not that bad either, especially since i don't have science pack 3, so i'm stuck with mk2 everywhere ^^.

Okay, so this is an intended feature of angel then ? so weird ^^

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Overall that's called SeaBlock. Check out the mod pack. It starts you off on a waterworld with no ores at all.

Return to “Angels Mods”