[0.16.36] [Bob+Angel] Cost of petrochemical oil tank is off

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.36] [Bob+Angel] Cost of petrochemical oil tank is off

Post by Mike Rosoft »

Small inline tank: capacity 20k, materials: 5 stone brick, 6 iron pipe, 3 steel plate
Petrochem oil tank: capacity 80k, materials: 40 stone brick, 39 iron pipe, 12 steel plate
Petrochem gas tank: capacity 125k, materials: 20 stone brick, 30 iron pipe, 6 steel plate
Pressure tank: capacity 350k, materials: 20 stone brick, 50 iron pipe, 20 steel plate

Obviously, the cost of petrochemical oil tank is way off - it is almost twice as expensive than the gas tank, almost as expensive as the pressure tank (in particular, it needs more bricks), but it has a lower capacity.

I would suggest adjusting the costs as below:
Small inline tank: 5 stone brick, 6 iron pipe, 3 steel plate
Petrochem oil tank: 12 stone brick, 20 iron pipe, 8 steel plate
Petrochem gas tank: 20 stone brick, 30 iron pipe, 12 steel plate
Pressure tank: 30 stone brick, 40 iron pipe, 20 steel plate

(Initially, I gave the cost of oil tank as 10 brick, 15 pipe and 6 steel, but then I noted that it was exactly half the cost of the gas tank, but hat it had more than half capacity - it would have been advantageous to build two oil tanks instead of a single gas tank. So I increased the cost a bit; an alternate solution would be to increase the capacity of the higher tier tanks.)

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] [Bob+Angel] Cost of petrochemical oil tank is off

Post by eformo »

What's missing here is the footprint of the tanks.
I don't care what the capacity of the tank is, but rather the capacity divided by the footprint area, to get a number for fluid stored per tile of space.

I actually don't remember what the various footprints are though, so I'm unable to contribute further to the analysis - thanks for getting it going.

Also, I think the Pressure Tank comes from another mod from a different author, so balance issues relating to that tank might come from that source.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] [Bob+Angel] Cost of petrochemical oil tank is off

Post by Light »

eformo wrote:Also, I think the Pressure Tank comes from another mod from a different author, so balance issues relating to that tank might come from that source.
Angel created it.

It's only ideal as a storage tank given its high capacity and thus terrible flow rate without any attached pumps. For those who don't want to use pumps or store a lot of fluid long-term, a smaller size tank is much more ideal.

As for the footprint and capacity:
Inline Tank: 2x2 (20,000u)
Vanilla Tank: 3x3 (25,000u)
Oil Tank: 4x4 (80,000u)
Gas Tank: 5x5 (125,000u)
Pressure Tank: 5x5 (350,000u)

The oil tank and gas tank are both 5,000 fluid units per tile. Ultimately the inline tank is the most superior out of all of them (unless long-term storing) and is also the cheapest to build. It has been my go-to tank for just about everything that doesn't need to be stored long-term for later processing. It's too cheap and perfect to the point the rest is inferior to it.

Return to “Angels Mods”