[Bug] Angel's refining missing for Bobmonium/Rubyte

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

[Bug] Angel's refining missing for Bobmonium/Rubyte

Post by Asanda_Nima »

Hio Angel,

When I start a game with just your mods, there is something not right. I have no access to the Bobmonium and Rubyte chains.
After testing around, it seems that only by activation bobs mining, do these come back.
Attachments
2018-04-15 23_07_52-Factorio 0.16.36.png
2018-04-15 23_07_52-Factorio 0.16.36.png (419.77 KiB) Viewed 6266 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Bug] Angel's refining missing for Bobmonium/Rubyte

Post by Arch666Angel »

Without bobplates, refining and all the other mods will default back to vanilla mode, which does not have rubyte and bobmonium because they are not needed.

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Asanda_Nima »

I see.

But why does it spawn the ore on the map in this case? (I guess it's because of RSO?)
And it's also possible to research all this metalurgy(Angel' smelting), which you basically can't use. Is this intended?
A little confusing.

What kind of ore/metal should be in the game, without bobs-mods?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Without Bob's what you should be seeing are Saphirite, Stiratite, Jivolite, and Crotinnium. Mining them, crushing them, and sorting them will yield various types of iron or copper. Saphirite and Jivolite give iron ore, iron nuggets, and iron pebbles. Stiratite and Crotinnium give copper ore, copper nuggets, and icopper pebbles. The sorting facilities have further recipes to re-sort combinations of nuggets and pebbles into regular ore.

The fact that you have Bobmonium says something went wrong on world generation or something else. Normally it doesn't do that when there's no Bob's.

What is the full list of your mods at the time of world generation?

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Asanda_Nima »

This is my mod list.
I deactivated even RSO and just have the adjustable inserter active, and still get bobmonium and rubyte.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

If you had components active at startup it will result in also creating rubyte and bobmonium, that's why I didnt update them. If you then later disable the mod refining will default back to vanilla mode.

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Asanda_Nima »

Components is in the mod list, but I didn’t activated it. I generated a fresh world with this mod list (components disabled) and still get bobmonium and rubyte on the map.

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

I don´t use Bob too. But how can I produce Silicon Ore without Bobmonium and Rubyte? "What is it really used for?" dont show me a way to get it. Without Bob there isn´t a way to produce urea gas, too. How to produce Fertilizer? Without Bobs mods there are missing so many things in my game. How can I fix this?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Firemonkey1412 wrote:I don´t use Bob too. But how can I produce Silicon Ore without Bobmonium and Rubyte? "What is it really used for?" dont show me a way to get it. Without Bob there isn´t a way to produce urea gas, too. How to produce Fertilizer? Without Bobs mods there are missing so many things in my game. How can I fix this?
Unless you use Bobplates or run a command script to gain the respective resources, you will not be able to to get silicon at all.

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

I'm also wondering about this as well, especially sense I want to get silicon ore, which can be gained through floatation and sorting via bobmonium. I have the bobmonium and the facilities, but not the recipe. Without silicon, I can't make cement, thus concrete, thus concrete bricks, and thus a lot of the more advanced facilities. Any ideas how to get this recipe back?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

psychomuffin wrote:I'm also wondering about this as well, especially sense I want to get silicon ore, which can be gained through floatation and sorting via bobmonium. I have the bobmonium and the facilities, but not the recipe. Without silicon, I can't make cement, thus concrete, thus concrete bricks, and thus a lot of the more advanced facilities. Any ideas how to get this recipe back?
At the moment, unless you also use Bob's or a console command you cannot get Silicon Ore at all. Period.

A new way to obtain it without using a console command to dump a bunch in your inventory would require another mod. Said mod could make it obtainable through the washing facilities, some sort of combined ore sorting, or something else.

Alternately, bobmonium and rubyte could be re-enabled and unlike the other four ores they could have hybrid ore outputs from sorting which would allow supplementing the other ores but also allow obtaining silicon ore or some other resources like limestone.

But as of now there's no way at all to obtain silicon ore with just Angel's mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”