[MOD add-on 16.x] Beltbox Coil Cutter

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Air
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD add-on 16.x] Beltbox Coil Cutter

Post by Air »

This mod allows you to use Deadlock's stacking beltbox to cut Angel's rolls and coils into plates and cables. I thought it makes sense because coils are just another way to implement stacking. This should make them easier to utilise.

Preserves crafting times, ratios. Unlocked at the same tech.
The reverse process is not available.

Mod portal link
Picture
Recipe list
Requires Angel's Smelting and Deadlock's Stacking Beltbox.
Compatible with orzelek's addon mod for deadlock stacking

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD add-on 16.x] Beltbox Coil Cutter

Post by Air »

What I did not do is balance the crafting times. I just left them untouched. I'm not sure if I should change them.
The original idea behind beltbox speed balance was to convert fully saturated belt with the appropriate beltbox. But does it apply to this case?
In the current version beltboxes don't saturate the corresponding belt with plates/wires. Far from it, in fact.

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

I'm finding that with this mod enabled, I can't craft anything that requires copper cable while only having copper plates in my inventory. It will say "Not enough ingredients" and refuse to craft the copper cables as an intermediate ingredient. If I craft the cables manually first, then all is fine.

For instance, if I want to hand craft a power pole, then I need to first manually craft the copper wire, and then hand craft the power pole.

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Air »

Madd_Mugsy wrote:I'm finding that with this mod enabled, I can't craft anything that requires copper cable while only having copper plates in my inventory. It will say "Not enough ingredients" and refuse to craft the copper cables as an intermediate ingredient. If I craft the cables manually first, then all is fine.

For instance, if I want to hand craft a power pole, then I need to first manually craft the copper wire, and then hand craft the power pole.
I can't reproduce this problem. I start new sandbox scenario, research everything, disable cheat-mode and craft some poles from copper plates and wood. It works just fine.
Can you please list your mods and may be even upload your save? Or specify exactly at what stage of the game does the problem occur. I'll try to look into it.

I guess what's happening is that gearbox recipe takes priority and since it's non-handraftable is blocks you from crafting related things in hand. If that's true, there is little I can do. I think a lot of people have encountered such problem before but no one has a good solution to it yet. Synthetic wood from Bob's mods has cause such problem before. But if I don't have that problem on my set of mods it means there is something else that enables it. Perhaps I can determine what it is.

cbtendo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cbtendo »

Air wrote:What I did not do is balance the crafting times. I just left them untouched. I'm not sure if I should change them.
The original idea behind beltbox speed balance was to convert fully saturated belt with the appropriate beltbox. But does it apply to this case?
In the current version beltboxes don't saturate the corresponding belt with plates/wires. Far from it, in fact.
it's still more compact than using assemblers. To fully saturates a yellow belt (20/s) i need at least 4 yellow crafting beltbox that joined into 1 lines, compared to 4 yellow assemblers.

Return to “Angels Mods”