Angel's Infinite Ores mapgen issue...?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Angel's Infinite Ores mapgen issue...?

Post by MisterFister »

Hi there. I'm troubleshooting a heavily modded install, including full AngelBob (for now -- I'm aware of other unrelated advice to hold off on this particular combination, I'm troubleshooting for other purposes at this time.) Mods include RSO.

Anyway, I've set my starting area to huge, water to rare and very large, disabled Thorium Ore because RSO disables it and generates an error message on mapgen.

Starting patches contain infinite ores, which I'm rather positive that I'm leaving unchecked. Worse, plopping a burner-miner down onto one of those patches yields consistent zero-return from them, which is a very dangerous waste in the early game. Some patches return yield (initially trying coal and saphirite) but it seems somewhat random which tiles provide any or no yield, despite the mouseover info panel on the right indicating "expected yield" statistics and so forth.

Even before this point, I'm anticipating that I'd prefer to entirely mine out the starter area so as to develop it with mainbus features in the future.

Is there something I might be doing wrong on the mod install / configuration end of things, even before mapgen? All mods were installed through the in-game mod portal, with the exception of the "trigger mod" on the Infinite Ores thread at viewtopic.php?f=185&t=21909.

This mod I'm more inclined to cull from the list, but even if I do, I'd prefer to learn more about how to configure it during and prior to mapgen. What happens if this mod is reintroduced to a save? Does that mean that it would only update and "apply" to ore patches generated for the first time in unexplored mapchunks?

Xerkus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Angel's Infinite Ores mapgen issue...?

Post by Xerkus »

plopping a burner-miner down onto one of those patches yields consistent zero-return
There seems to be some kind of an issue with yield based ores in 0.16

None of the infinite patches produce any output in my game. I have RSO and angel infinite ores, nothing else that affects oregen or mining.

Upd: viewtopic.php?t=58210

Return to “Angels Mods”