[MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Post by MadClown01 »

ZombieMooose wrote:Great work!

Commenting to stay up to date and give praise :D
Thanks!

Our side project is going quite well too ;)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

MadClown01 wrote:
ZombieMooose wrote:Great work!

Commenting to stay up to date and give praise :D
Thanks!

Our side project is going quite well too ;)
That's the best news I've heard all week lol
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

ZombieMoose wrote:
That's the best news I've heard all week lol
Well in New Zealand it's Monday so that doesn't mean much here :p

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

Hello
My first impressions of this mod is that I want to try it in my game. As of this comment I haven't *yet*.
However, looking through your main post, I noticed that you have Oil Sands. I believe DrugLab mod also uses Oil Sands as a resource. (Despite the name, DrugLab is very chemistry based, although it is still WIP) I just wanted to let you know that both your mods use Oil Sands (That is, if I remember correctly) So I'd be really happy to see mod compatibility from your two mods.
Regards
SirCherry

EDIT: I apologize. Druglab seems to be using Tar Sands, not Oil Sands. I don't know about the chemical composition of these, but by the name I'll assume that they're different resources. If there is, however, some compatibility issues, I'd still be grateful if it could be resolved in the future. I'll test it myself later on and I'll let you know if there are some issues.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Sir_Cherry wrote:EDIT: I apologize. Druglab seems to be using Tar Sands, not Oil Sands. I don't know about the chemical composition of these, but by the name I'll assume that they're different resources. If there is, however, some compatibility issues, I'd still be grateful if it could be resolved in the future. I'll test it myself later on and I'll let you know if there are some issues.
It depends on the processing, but they're likely different for drugs. I can't say I know for sure.

Bitumen is sometimes referred to as tar because you can make tar with it, with bitumen being the main money maker in oil sands (or tar sands by some). Crude oil can be pumped but bitumen has to be mined and heated to extract it from the other useless minerals. The process is obviously more complicated with many more steps, but that's the simplified version of it.

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

Light wrote:It depends on the processing, but they're likely different for drugs. I can't say I know for sure.
I may be misunderstanding but I didn't really think of anything bigger than just having both mods use the same item name so you can progress the crafting tree with one as opposed to having duplicate items that mean the same thing.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

orzelek wrote:If you create ore with name matching pattern:

Code: Select all

"infinite-"..normal name
Then RSO will automatically add it to center of ore patches based on threshold setting.
You need to define min/max normally. If you add autoplace it will show in map settings, without it it won't be listed there. I think Angel uses RSO detection in infinite ores mod to add the autoplace when RSO is not present.
Thanks for the tip

I'm going to bite the bullet and implement infinite ores right now. I'll send through an updated config file when I can.

Edit: Ohhhhhh I get what you meant, dw xD
Light wrote: ... Bitumen is sometimes referred to as tar because you can make tar with it, with bitumen being the main money maker in oil sands (or tar sands by some). Crude oil can be pumped but bitumen has to be mined and heated to extract it from the other useless minerals. The process is obviously more complicated with many more steps, but that's the simplified version of it.
I think it's really cool how you actually work with this stuff! :lol:

I'm not sure about how to best implement Druglab compatibility. The best outcome would obviously be as Sir_Cherry has pointed out - fused functionality. I could either disable my oil sands if Druglab's tar sands are active, or I could disable their tar sands and make their products accessible from oil sands? Technically though either way I'd be removing something to fix what isn't functionally broken, and I really don't want my mods to overreach.

Any other suggestions would be very welcome!

Just out of interest, do any of you guys use Druglab much?
Last edited by MadClown01 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

Druglab is still very much in development.
I don't think it'd be very popular just because of what it's about, but in terms of complexity and realism it seems to be up there with Bobs and Angels.
I'd likely play it a bit, especially once it get's its consumables properly functional.
It also adds Napalm and deep mining from what I've seen in the code.
I recommend for everyone to check up on it every now and again as it seems to be quite promising.

MadClown, as for my suggestion, I think it'd be good if something like that was done. It's only because I wouldn't want Factorio to have the same problems that Minecraft had with 10 types of copper in a modpack and all working only within their own mod. Minecraft now has Forge which adds a oreDictionary but I doubt something like that would show up for Factorio due to the difference in how mods are made.

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

MadClown, I'm going to work on Omnimatter compatibility for this mod for personal use.
Or at least the thing that I have in mind won't be too difficult so I'm going to do it.
If you'd like, I can send you a zip with my changes once I'm done.
It'd involve a few new lines in data-updates.lua and a new graphics folder

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Sir_Cherry wrote:MadClown, I'm going to work on Omnimatter compatibility for this mod for personal use.
Or at least the thing that I have in mind won't be too difficult so I'm going to do it.
If you'd like, I can send you a zip with my changes once I'm done.
It'd involve a few new lines in data-updates.lua and a new graphics folder
Actually that would be quite handy please! I've got so much to do here already ;)
Sir_Cherry wrote:MadClown, as for my suggestion, I think it'd be good if something like that was done. It's only because I wouldn't want Factorio to have the same problems that Minecraft had with 10 types of copper in a modpack and all working only within their own mod. Minecraft now has Forge which adds a oreDictionary but I doubt something like that would show up for Factorio due to the difference in how mods are made.
Oh believe me I hear you. I'm already on the warpath regarding the difference between Angel's "fertilizer" and Bob's "fertiliser", I think Arch666Angel wishes I'd stop bringing it up :lol:

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

0.1.3 released, with infinite ores & Omni support (thanks heaps to Sir_Cherry for the assistance.)

The sanguinite is looking pretty cool:
Yes I like those ever-so-slightly-op AAI vehicles
Yes I like those ever-so-slightly-op AAI vehicles
screenshot.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 7360 times

Dr_Apparatus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ore generation after map creation

Post by Dr_Apparatus »

Love the idea. Imo there can't be enough ores in Factorio!
I have two questions though:
If I have an existing map can I still find the ore patches after installing the mod?
Will there be any integration to Angels Biotech?

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Ore generation after map creation

Post by MadClown01 »

Dr_Apparatus wrote:Love the idea. Imo there can't be enough ores in Factorio!
I have two questions though:
If I have an existing map can I still find the ore patches after installing the mod?
Will there be any integration to Angels Biotech?
Thanks!

Yes you should find the ore patches, but you'll need to go exploring pretty far!

Uh as far as I'm aware, there isn't any functionality missing in my mod as related to Biotech, is there something I've overlooked?

Dr_Apparatus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dr_Apparatus »

Oh no I was just curious if there will be some kind of content related to the Algae growing part of it?

HorusOP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HorusOP »

Hey, I'm getting an error; I have all of angels and most of bob's enabled, along with your processing and science:

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Wait so are there infinite versions of all the minerals including the sand? Do they require liquids to mine? If so which ones? Very cool mod BTW

Rendigo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rendigo »

HorusOP wrote:Hey, I'm getting an error; I have all of angels and most of bob's enabled, along with your processing and science:
You need Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod enabled for that recipe to work.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Dr_Apparatus wrote:Oh no I was just curious if there will be some kind of content related to the Algae growing part of it?
Not in this particular mod. I'm looking at it for Clowns-Processing.
Wildejackson wrote:Wait so are there infinite versions of all the minerals including the sand? Do they require liquids to mine? If so which ones? Very cool mod BTW
Thanks :) All except alluvial deposits require some type of fluid.
HorusOP wrote:Hey, I'm getting an error; I have all of angels and most of bob's enabled, along with your processing and science:
Hmm it seems I need to update the dependencies

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

great mod

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Can you also add an option to remove the liquid for infinite ore mining like in agnels ores?
Or use option from infinite ores mod?
(Maybe you already did I didn't check :) )

Return to “Angels Mods”