[MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Post by Light »

ZombieMooose wrote:That actually makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering cause I don't personally play with Bob's Greenhouse, preferring instead Bio Industries, for the added recipes.

I haven't actually given Angel's Bioprocessing a go yet, so I might check it out and see if it's better than BI.
Angel's version is more in line with how Bio Industries works and thus I've removed BI in favor of Angel's version. The recipes naturally compliment Angel's mods instead of only vanilla ones, hence another good reason to switch or use both concurrently.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

sorry for delay, here are the screens. (how do i hide each one behind an expansion + icon? so as not to take up half a page on your thread?)

basic BioIndustries BioFarm (40 raw wood in ~400 seconds) = 1 wood per 10 seconds
basic bob greenhouse (15 raw wood in ~75 seconds) = 1 wood per 5 seconds
basic angel arboretum (10 raw wood in ~30 seconds) = 1 wood per 3 seconds (but requires 2 other imputs, yet gives 1 bioPlastic/bioResin)

so for me, all are unique in their own way, and id be very happy being able to continue using all in some way :)

bioindustries_biofarm.png
bioindustries_biofarm.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 24380 times
(these take bob saplings too, though if you cant see the wood from the trees, they are being belted out of the biofarm via inserters, onto underground belts) :)
bob_greenhouse-yuoki_fuel_area.png
bob_greenhouse-yuoki_fuel_area.png (429.02 KiB) Viewed 24380 times
(this area makes lots of saplings, for the greenhouse to continue, while also making lots of extra ones that feed the BioIndustries farms. The wood gets split into the electronics area below, and to the yuoki fuel blocks)
farm_area_with_angel_arboretums.png
farm_area_with_angel_arboretums.png (8.92 MiB) Viewed 24380 times
(these take a while to obtain and to cultivate other trees, but are definitely worth it for bioPlastic and bioResin, plus in my case the wood just gets used up wherever the logistics system needs a bit of wood)
Last edited by foodfactorio on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

laku wrote:You missed to name the things in the local.cfg. ;)
(entity, item and maybe the recipe)
Ahhh, thanks heaps - fixed for 0.1.7
foodfactorio wrote:... i can happily say that there really is a place for all of the 3 different tree farms that im using in my current AngelBobYuoki game...
Whatever works for you dude ;)

I'm not personally a fan of Bio Industries. I find it quite frustrating in how there's no game settings to disable the objects that are duplicated in functionality by Bob's mods (e.g. bio-accumulator vs accumulator mk4), or to disable those arbitrary tweaks it makes to vanilla.
foodfactorio wrote:(how do i hide each one behind an expansion + icon? so as not to take up half a page on your thread?)
Use "spoiler="

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Coming up for 0.1.8:

- Recipe for washers: viscous mud water -> mud
- Recipe for ore crushers: stone -> crushed stone
- Recipe for liquifiers & chemistry plants: plastic bar -> liquid plastic
- Recipe for liquifiers & chemistry plants: resin -> liquid resin

- New icons for catalytic electrolysis

- Opt-in Bob's Greenhouse rebalance, as discussed

xaero15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaero15 »

Your mods seems an awesome addition to angel+bob's mods.

I want to ask if you're going to implement productivity modules in the uranium procesing (and the thorium fuel cells) just like in vanilla, or going to remove them from vanilla processing, since with bob mods could make the easier ones more powerfull resources wise.

On other and, seems like the phosforus processes doesn't require the technology to be used.

For the recipes that produce nitrogen,hydrogen and oxygen directly, maybe should use the oxygen/nitrogen/hydrogen icon instead of the air separation ones?, just to be more clear.

Hope you continue with the awesome work.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

xaero15 wrote:...

Added to the to-do list!

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

i just reached the Sluicing part, and cant wait to process 19k of stored sand (most of which was from the Angels Washer previously before adding the mod). :) Since Washing tech is quite cheap, what if "Sluicing" became a new Tech (in the tree with an icon, but after the 3 Angel "washing" techs)?

its still cool to be able to unlock it from washing 1, but some players may miss the Sluicing/Sluicer if they add it to an existing game that already had the Washing tech, and lots of the time we might search for cool new things via the tech menu and not realise that we have the technology (and can rebuild him - for $6million) :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

foodfactorio wrote:i just reached the Sluicing part, and cant wait to process 19k of stored sand (most of which was from the Angels Washer previously before adding the mod). :) Since Washing tech is quite cheap, what if "Sluicing" became a new Tech (in the tree with an icon, but after the 3 Angel "washing" techs)?

its still cool to be able to unlock it from washing 1, but some players may miss the Sluicing/Sluicer if they add it to an existing game that already had the Washing tech, and lots of the time we might search for cool new things via the tech menu and not realise that we have the technology (and can rebuild him - for $6million) :D
MadClown01's Processing adds new sluicing recipes and another tier of Washing

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

If I add this to an existing map, would be possible to get the new ores (with RSO)? Like far away in new chunks with trains, or only in new maps?
I mean, it is working I just don't know if I gonna find new ores

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thanks madclown, i started the sandsluicing near the Farm, Cement and angel Washing area :)
angel_sand-madclown_sluicing_area.png
angel_sand-madclown_sluicing_area.png (497.09 KiB) Viewed 24205 times
Sworn wrote:If I add this to an existing map, would be possible to get the new ores (with RSO)? Like far away in new chunks with trains, or only in new maps?
hi sworn, i havent been able to find any of the new ores in this much map area, (though i had explored those areas as part of trying to find Trees for angel arboretums, so it is possible that new ores only show up on Unexplored map chunk areas?

what i did notice was that the "deep mine" mod ( i think by optera), does a cool job of digging up each one of the new ores, with a 50% chance. This allows me to still try doing something with the new ores, but you need to tweak the settings (i feel) to lower the chance with that mod, and to not build more than 1 deep mine lol, otherwise it is a bit cheaty :)

the only downside so far, is not being able to bask in the glory or seeing the new ore on the map :)
but actually, does anyone know of a way to force.ore.patch.generation in some way, so that i can paste something into the console window, (or ideally a button from the mod-settings page), and be able to actually Force generate some random ore patches without having to start a new game from the start? i dont mind if we have to save and relaunch factorio, and continue the current game, i just dont want to lose my current game :)
1 new ore so far

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

I think I was confuse, or I'm still confused :lol: .
You don't actually add any new ore to the map do you? Just those new chains, or am I wrong?

I try to find any thing new exploring the map, but I didn't find any, but RSO make a "little more" hard to find any thing "far away, far away". I Saw the thorium in the recipe from the Ore Refining 3.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

There are new ores on the map, they just are fairly rare (both infinite and normal).

Could you add flags for turning off infinite versions, like angel has? Right now it keys of the infinite ores mod, which is just where angel's ores are.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

there is an rso setting here that actually controls the (frequency) as per vanilla, to make patches appear more frequently, i set it to 3 in my game:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=56698#p340429
but save your game before trying to change anything mid-game.

jinsediaoying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jinsediaoying »

Seems the newest update is broken.
It said something of "refined concrete"

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Sworn wrote:If I add this to an existing map, would be possible to get the new ores (with RSO)? Like far away in new chunks with trains, or only in new maps?
I think you have the wrong mod there dude:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=58136
foodfactorio wrote:
1 new ore so far
That's Bob's thorium, not anything of mine xD
Again, wrong mod!
arbarbonif wrote:There are new ores on the map, they just are fairly rare (both infinite and normal).

Could you add flags for turning off infinite versions, like angel has? Right now it keys of the infinite ores mod, which is just where angel's ores are.
Yeah you're talking about my other mod, which now uses the flags from Angel's ores, as requested :)
jinsediaoying wrote:Seems the newest update is broken.
It said something of "refined concrete"
You want to download the latest 0.16 version ;)

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Damm :shock: hahahahaha sorry, I really messed that up :? .
You right :roll: .

I add the other mod, and it generated as soon I went in to new chunks

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Sworn wrote:Damm :shock: hahahahaha sorry, I really messed that up :? .
You right :roll: .

I add the other mod, and it generated as soon I went in to new chunks
No worries!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Osmium and particle accelerator in ur science mod
Wow cool!

What do u think about magnesium like in anonnyMods - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AnonyMods - its intermediate elemnt in titanium smelting process but may be it can be used with iron, nickel, titanium, aluminum and manganese?

But why smelting of osmium is so simple? Are u going to change smelting process?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

There's a typo in the optional dependencies for this Processing mod. Instead of asking for "bobwarfare" it's asking for "bobwarEfare."

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

xaero15 wrote:Your mods seems an awesome addition to angel+bob's mods.

I want to ask if you're going to implement productivity modules in the uranium procesing (and the thorium fuel cells) just like in vanilla, or going to remove them from vanilla processing, since with bob mods could make the easier ones more powerfull resources wise.

On other and, seems like the phosforus processes doesn't require the technology to be used.

For the recipes that produce nitrogen,hydrogen and oxygen directly, maybe should use the oxygen/nitrogen/hydrogen icon instead of the air separation ones?, just to be more clear.

Hope you continue with the awesome work.
Hi xaero15,

Thanks heaps :) I will follow Angel's model, i.e. no productivity most of the time. Bob's modules are insane, we all know that. Thanks for the bug report.
aklesey1 wrote:Osmium and particle accelerator in ur science mod
Wow cool!

What do u think about magnesium like in anonnyMods - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AnonyMods - its intermediate elemnt in titanium smelting process but may be it can be used with iron, nickel, titanium, aluminum and manganese?

But why smelting of osmium is so simple? Are u going to change smelting process?
Magnesium is next in line! :D

Osmium will be reworked when I find out how.
Jackalope_Gaming wrote:There's a typo in the optional dependencies for this Processing mod. Instead of asking for "bobwarfare" it's asking for "bobwarEfare."
Whoops, thanks!

Return to “Angels Mods”