Producing blue science with only green science and no greenhouse

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Producing blue science with only green science and no greenhouse

Post by brab »

I'm using every Angel's mods and most of Bob's mods, with the exception of the greenhouse (in a way replaced by bio-processing).

I'm getting to the point where I want to produce blue science, but have only green science available. Although it's complex, most is already doable with one exception: phenolic boards, or more precisely resin. I can produce resin from raw wood, which I cannot produce automatically, or from urea (which I can produce) and formaldehyde, which requires green catalyst, which requires silver. And producing silver cleanly requires blue science.

I see two way out of this:
- manually feed raw wood to produce resin
- use sorting to get some silver to get some green catalyst to produce formaldehyde, at the cost of having the infrastructure to get rid of the side products

I'm currently doing the first approach, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Is there a way to produce resin (or more directly the phenolic boards) with only green tech and fully automated?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Producing blue science with only green science and no greenhouse

Post by Termak »

You need to handfarm (i used angels early bots) wood until i got crystallizing for silver.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Just farm some wood and throw it into a resin assembler to get started and research alternatives quickly. You don't need that much resin to begin with.

As for silver use the sorting method. The extra ores you can probably use anyway. As for other intermediate products: If you don't want to maintain using this method I would just vent the gases, clean the liquids and dump the solids into a warehouse (or void chest). You don't need that much of it to research other methods if you prioritize that.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Thanks for the replies, handfarming seems to be the way to go.

Return to “Angels Mods”