A couple thoughts on angels smelting

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A couple thoughts on angels smelting

Post by kenken244 »

hey, I've been playing angels smelting for a while and I have a few thoughts on possible minor improvements.

the first is the alloying process. as it works now, it essentially allows you to convert one metal into another, however, this capability already exists in the form of combination ore sorting in angels refining, which is must simpler and more flexible. having to make two whole smelting setups to create a single material is just so complicated I can never imagine myself using it. instead, I propose that the alloy smelting also increase the output, by say, reducing the amount of other metals needed by half, but keeping the output the same. in the spirit of the plastic recipes, where more advanced types of plastic are represented by producing more regular plastic, stronger alloys can be represented b a higher output of metal. considering the amount of complexity required to make alloys, I do not think it would be overpowered.

also, I noticed that productivity modules can currently only be used in the casting stage of smelting, which creates unwanted effects with strand casting, as it creates more coolant than you put it. instead, I propose that it be done in the pellet press and/or the induction furnace stage, as there is only one product for those in all ore types.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: A couple thoughts on angels smelting

Post by septemberWaves »

The idea with using several types of ingots to produce a single type of plate is for times when your factory may be overproducing certain metals and underproducing others. Suppose you have far more manganese than you really need, but not enough iron ore; in that case you can combine the two to make twice as much iron from the ore as you would otherwise. The process doesn't seem to be intended for just the general-purpose production; more so for increasing yields of one metal plate when you don't have the ability to produce enough of it.

Return to “Angels Mods”