Infinite Mining (question)

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Infinite Mining (question)

Post by OldFritz »

Salutations,

first off, if i missed the topic where these questions are already answered, i am sorry if missed it.

Currently i play a map with angels infinite ores. (very early, red&green only) The infinite patches do need a set of acids. But how do i completely carve out the regular ore patches? Since the automatic mining-switch after hitting an uranium (or the infinite) patch, i can only mine the ore patches that are out of reach of the infinite one's.

The only "work arround" i can figure out is, to use burner drills as close as possible to the infinite-patch without tapping it. But is that really the only way?

Oh and speaking of angel (Your mod is beloved and loathed (in a lovely way of course!) at the same time. Keep your awesome work up buddy, kudos to you!): Is there any efficiency-bonus on i.e. iron-sheet-coils compared to the regulare molten iron recipe? If i am not completely wrong, on the last tier, there is a smaller bonus on using sheet coils.

So far, thank you for your time.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Infinite Mining (question)

Post by Arch666Angel »

Well it's down to how the base game miner works -> if there is a tile of infinite in their reach and they randomly select that for mining, they will stop because you dont have acid. So the solution is what you suggested either shift miners around to grab from the edges, use smaller miners, or try to produce some acid early on, if you are on green tech you can already start to produce some sulfuric acid.
You could also go to the options and turn off the acid requirement for the time being, that will only work before you load the save.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

Oh, the master in person! ;)

Thanks for clearing this up, ArchAngel. It not that huge of a deal. I hit a Jivolite deposit rather next to the starting zone, already 1 mio in quantitiy, so there's plenty to tap from in early game. I was just a bit worried, because i red "hydrofluoric acid" which is, let's say, a bit picky to get.
But the stiratite and saphirite go with sulfuric, so that's a "breeze".

The tier 3 smelting, rather casting, into sheet coils saves 20 molten iron if i'm not too dumb to sum it up, right? Man, that's some efficiency from the start.

Ich dussel... merk das gerade erst.
Hut ab und nochmal vielen, vielen Dank für deine harte Arbeit mit deinen Mods!
-Ist echt erstaunlich wieviele mod-autoren aus Deutschland kommen *g*

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

OldFritz wrote:I hit a Jivolite deposit rather next to the starting zone, already 1 mio in quantitiy, so there's plenty to tap from in early game. I was just a bit worried, because i red "hydrofluoric acid" which is, let's say, a bit picky to get.
Jivolite is the only one with an acid that's particularly tough to get. You can produce fluorite ore directly with saphirite and rubyte chunks and mineral catalysts (which is probably the only infinitely-sustainable method while not being wasteful), or you get HF as a product of acid gas. But the other ores need acids that are much easier to get hold of; hydrochloric and nitric acids can be produced pretty much infinitely so long as you have the power and machines, and sulfuric waste water is such a common byproduct that it takes care of sulfuric acid needs pretty well.

canisin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by canisin »

About the acid requirement, exactly how much acid is required? The tooltip says 10 acid per 10 ore, but that does not seem to be the case. I made a test and I was able to mine about 330 ore with as much as 1.5k acid!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

canisin wrote:About the acid requirement, exactly how much acid is required? The tooltip says 10 acid per 10 ore, but that does not seem to be the case. I made a test and I was able to mine about 330 ore with as much as 1.5k acid!
There's two things that might be happening here. One, it might be a bug, caused either by Angel's mods themselves or by a mod interaction with a third-party mod (if you're using another mod's mining drills for example). Or two, it might be intended functionality and the acid consumption rate will decrease if you use improved mining drills or modules or something else. But I think it's more likely to be a bug.

Try replicating the situation with only Angel's mods. If the issue persists, it's probably something to do with Angel's mods and should be reported to Angel in the bug reports thread. If, with only Angel's mods installed, the acid is consumed at the correct rate, that indicates that it's caused by a mod interaction.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The miner uses 1 acid per cycle which will produce 1 ore with regular ores and infinites above 100% yield, if yield drops below 100% you have a probability to get an ore per cycle.
So the miner will consume 1 acid for a cycle but the dice roll might not get you one ore in return.

canisin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by canisin »

Hello Arch666Angel,

Thanks for the explanation. Can you further explain how the yield works please? Is the yield per tile or per patch? Assuming it degrades as it is mined, what is the degradation rate? I think oil jacks lose 1% per 300 cycles, is this the same or different?

Furthermore, where should i look to get this information in the mod files and modding documentation?

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Yield is per tile of infinite ores. Much the same way that oil, gas, and thermal water patches all have their yields listed as a percentage, infinite ore tiles do as well and you can see the yield as you hover over the tile. You can see the total yield of an ore patch by hovering over the infinite ores in the map. I'm not sure about the rate at which the yield decreases though.

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

canisin wrote:Hello Arch666Angel,

Thanks for the explanation. Can you further explain how the yield works please? Is the yield per tile or per patch? Assuming it degrades as it is mined, what is the degradation rate? I think oil jacks lose 1% per 300 cycles, is this the same or different?

Furthermore, where should i look to get this information in the mod files and modding documentation?
When I mine by hand, the yield decreases by 1% per 1 chunk of ore, dunno if this is intended behavior.

Return to “Angels Mods”