what the purpose thermal water ?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

what the purpose thermal water ?

Post by Hellatze »

there are no hint what their purpose.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: what the purpose thermal water ?

Post by Patashu »

https://factorio.rotol.me/pack/bobsange ... rmal-water has a list of thermal water recipes in bobs/angels.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

The main purpose of thermal water is obtaining lithium, which can otherwise only be obtained using Angel's Bio Processing (if I recall correctly). Lithium is important for a lot of advanced components, like lithium-ion batteries.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I use it extensively to create mineral catalysts. It is super important in my bases, pretty much on the same level as iron: once mineral catalysts stop, everything else stops and thermal water is my sole source of mineral catalysts.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Zyrconia wrote:I use it extensively to create mineral catalysts. It is super important in my bases, pretty much on the same level as iron: once mineral catalysts stop, everything else stops and thermal water is my sole source of mineral catalysts.
Just a quick note, you can use dirt water electrolysis to get infinite slag.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

fractalman wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:I use it extensively to create mineral catalysts. It is super important in my bases, pretty much on the same level as iron: once mineral catalysts stop, everything else stops and thermal water is my sole source of mineral catalysts.
OMG, yet another water? What kind of water is that? I don't have it and no idea what that is.

Anyway, thermal water to mineral catalysts is quick, easy, infinite and has great throughput. No use finding out what dirt water is, electrolyzing it, converting to slag, using acid on slag. I'm out of sulfuric acid anyway...

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Zyrconia wrote:
fractalman wrote:
OMG, yet another water? What kind of water is that? I don't have it and no idea what that is.

Anyway, thermal water to mineral catalysts is quick, easy, infinite and has great throughput. No use finding out what dirt water is, electrolyzing it, converting to slag, using acid on slag. I'm out of sulfuric acid anyway...
"Dirt water electrolysis" is the name of the recipe, it takes in regular water (the kind you get from an offshore pump)

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

qwerter96 wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:
fractalman wrote:

"Dirt water electrolysis" is the name of the recipe, it takes in regular water (the kind you get from an offshore pump)
it produce additional oxgen and hydrogen.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Hellatze wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:
fractalman wrote:

it produce additional oxgen and hydrogen.
Yes but you can simply vent those with flare stacks

Sn1gger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sn1gger »

I also used it for the second tier of batteries.

My catalysts mainly come from geodes and crushed stone

Return to “Angels Mods”