[0.17.x] ShinyAngelGFX

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] ShinyAngelGFX

Post by Arch666Angel »

If stuff is not looking as it should be with layering: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51059

But I like the approach

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

The duplicate images OR extra-bits from next image isn't something I've run into with my recent messing around (limited). Actually, I just loaded up my main save and my test save and I can't reproduce the issue at all with your latest releases. That's really strange.

It's something I'm actively watching for now though.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

The layering issue affects my barreling icons. I can't tell what some things are because of it, but didn't have any idea what would have been the cause for it. Hopefully the devs can fix that up.
Barrel Issue
As for the tier markings, I'm personally not a fan of them for the buildings because the buildings can be a different color icon, unlike things like liquid plastic where the icons are identical and the tier marking helps distinguish them better. Not to say they're not useful for others, but it does cover the building icon to the point it's a bit too distracting for me.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:The layering issue affects my barreling icons. I can't tell what some things are because of it, but didn't have any idea what would have been the cause for it. Hopefully the devs can fix that up.
Barrel Issue
As for the tier markings, I'm personally not a fan of them for the buildings because the buildings can be a different color icon, unlike things like liquid plastic where the icons are identical and the tier marking helps distinguish them better. Not to say they're not useful for others, but it does cover the building icon to the point it's a bit too distracting for me.
Do you have by any chance AAIs Warden in your mod folder?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Light wrote:The layering issue affects my barreling icons. I can't tell what some things are because of it, but didn't have any idea what would have been the cause for it. Hopefully the devs can fix that up.
Barrel Issue
Yes, but this issue existed before warden was created.

However, since you had a hunch of where to look, I found that adding the AAI buildings without any vehicles created slight duplicates, but when adding the vehicles it becomes the mess I showed above. AAI Industries by itself worked perfectly fine though.

With only AAI buildings/signals added:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Barrel Issue
Yes, but this issue existed before warden was created.

However, since you had a hunch of where to look, I found that adding the AAI buildings without any vehicles created slight duplicates, but when adding the vehicles it becomes the mess I showed above. AAI Industries by itself worked perfectly fine though.

With only AAI buildings/signals added:
Have to poke earendel if he knows where to look, I somehow doubt that it is only specific to AAI.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Help.

Angel uses an override function he calls in data-final-fixes to set the icons for the chem plant and oil refinery mk1. This appears to occur AFTER my changes in my own data-updates.lua so it overwrites anything I do to those specific icons. Short of putting my own changes in my own data-final-fixes, does anyone know how I can work around this?

As a bribe for help, here is a sample of how I have things looking now.
smeltery.JPG
smeltery.JPG (17.21 KiB) Viewed 8656 times
I think I may make the boxes smaller yet and dampen the color a bit so they aren't quite so bold but I think I like the extra visibility. They don't seem to clash horribly with the colored icons (other than being too bold) so I think they'll stay too.

I could make the colored icons and the colored boxes be toggles in the in-game options menu. Would require a restart but people could use one, the other or both depending on their preference. Thoughts?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Zombiee wrote:Thoughts?
So long as you always provide toggles and options to allow people to customize their visual experience how they like it best, you'll always have my full support in any decision you make.

I know I personally don't care for the boxes given the building icons are already different enough to tell them apart without them. As I said previously, it made sense for liquid plastic because they're all the exact same icon yet were entirely different recipes, thus the numeral served a purpose there. Having different color liquid plastic icons would be wrong.

But while that's my observation, others may like the boxes regardless. Adding a toggle is the best option to please everyone, although I must say that having them on the side was a good call to prevent obstructing the icon too much.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You will need to use final fixes if Angel's sets icons there.
And add dependency on his mod if you don't have it yet to change the ensure order of loading.\

I'd try asking Angel why he uses final fixes for icons - might be possible to do it in data updates.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Alright, uploading a new version now. It adds options for the colored icons and the colored bars that I'm fond of.
petro.JPG
petro.JPG (18.76 KiB) Viewed 8551 times
If you shut off the bars, you get just the colored icon.
If you shut off the icon, you get the bars on top of the default icon.
If you shut off both, you get the default icon with Angel's roman numeral system.

The only exception ( I hope ) are the crusher, sorter, leach, float and ore refinery because they are colored by default and it was confusing.

There is no change other than screwing with the icons so if you don't care about them, don't bother.
If you download, please let me know if something isn't consistent or you make it crash. I think I worked out all the kinks but the functions gave me issues and I ended up changing the naming convention on some things.

PS - Ignore the chem factory. I never use them and thus forgot to make a colored version for ShinyBobGFX, so I won't bother with icons till that's done.

PPS -
orzelek wrote: use final fixes
Thanks Orzelek. Angel does a lot in that override file, not just change the icon. I'm sure it was just a convenient place to make that change. Regardless, I set that icon separately now and it's all hunky dory.
Light wrote:So long as you always provide toggles and options
I appreciate the feedback as always. I added the options in so that anyone who is wrong (aka - doesn't like my boxes) can customize. I like where I ended up with them, very nice to see items on a belt. I will ask however that you play with the toggles once or twice just too see if you can make it crash.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Zombiee wrote:PS - Ignore the chem factory. I never use them and thus forgot to make a colored version for ShinyBobGFX, so I won't bother with icons till that's done.
I always wondered about that.
The chemical plant Mk3 and Mk4 are much faster than Angel's chemical plant, thus it's something I find myself using as often as possible. It felt odd to see it neglected so.

Also, no crashes on my end after playing with the settings.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Doing the chem factories is the top of my list. Gotta decide whether to tint like the oil refinery or use an overlay like bob does now. Gotta start from scratch regardless as bob's overlay is low res scaled up. Either way, you'll probably get them tomorrow. Thanks for the quick test.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Finally got around to chem factories. Moved the storage-tank-2 -3 and -4 to the same tab as Angel's storage tanks as well.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

0.16 update is out for those who like it. New buildings are on the to do list as well as some minor issues but 99% of what worked before still works.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Zombiee wrote:0.16 update is out for those who like it. New buildings are on the to do list as well as some minor issues but 99% of what worked before still works.
Yay thanks!

Irwon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] ShinyAngelGFX

Post by Irwon »

Hey found a bug, in data-updates.lua the output pipe of the leaching plants fluid_boxes isn't there. So the ferrous solution doesn't work. Can you add the output pipes?

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Uhh, oops? I'll have to take a swing through my code and make it so that can't happen again, but update is up now so that specific one should work. Thanks for the bug report and finding the problem for me Irwon. I have some time again so updated colorations should be soon and I can glance at the code too.

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

Hello, Zombiee!
Nice and useful mod, thanks! But graphics from this mod wasn't compressed. Fixed!)
Tried to make it carefully and without any visible quality loss. Used wonderful Pinga and PngQuant software. Size of gfx is reduced more than 80% (39,2 MB --> 7,2 MB).
Here you are repack gfx for your mod:
https://ufile.io/pzna3
Also I redone mask for liquifier. Now it's true mask, not a full sprite-replacement (old ones also was contain some errors like tier-colors in fluid going on tubes - all fixed).
With love! Cheers!

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Thanks for the heads up nastyslave. I thought I had run all the graphics I fiddled with through pngquant (possibly at a lower compression than you did) but it's pretty clear I must have missed some, the strand casting machine for sure. I'm ashamed now at how sloppy the liquifier is and will fix for the next update, I'll look at your changes and try to remember why I used outright replacement for it instead of an overlay. Either I'll change the code to make your overlay work or just fix the existing colorations.

I'll take a look through all the graphics and see if the greater compression is something I'm comfortable using, thanks for the work. More importantly, thanks for the feedback, it's always great to hear from people using the mod even if they are pointing out errors I made. =]

DjangoFett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjangoFett »

Zombiee wrote:Uhh, oops? I'll have to take a swing through my code and make it so that can't happen again, but update is up now so that specific one should work. Thanks for the bug report and finding the problem for me Irwon. I have some time again so updated colorations should be soon and I can glance at the code too.
I'm using ShinyAngelGFX 0.16.3, Refining 0.9.8 and Squeak Through 1.2.1 and still have the problem that the leaching plant will not output the ferrous solution. The pipe is visually connecting with the plant but the fluid is still sitting in the machine and will not transfer to the pipe. I tested all three levels of the leaching plant.

How can I further investigate what is wrong? When I hover over a leaching plant it tells me three mods are involved: Angel's refining > Squeak Through > ShinyAngelGFX. I already tried deactivating Squeak Through and ShinyAngelGFX to no avail.

Return to “Angels Mods”