Does Solder now require Solder?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Badly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Does Solder now require Solder?

Post by Badly »

I'm in the first steps of a B+A campaign, having played bob's extensively. I have the full suite of both Bob's and Angels including Petrochem, Metallurgy, and also Bio-Processing. I'm past all the red science, but I've hit a wall. With something I added they removed the original Solder plate recipe. It now goes Ore-Ingots-MoltenOre-Solder, but to get the Lead from ore to ingots requires Oxygen gas (this is the hurdle I can't get past), which is made in one of several buildings which each require Basic Electronic Boards which require the Solder I'm trying to make in the first place! The problem I have is that it appears you need Solder to actually MAKE any of the buildings that lead to Solder. I can't seem to find the next step. What am I missing?

TL,DR: How do I make Solder(or Oxygen Gas) in Angel's without already having Solder?

Amyclas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Does Solder now require Solder?

Post by Amyclas »

If you added that angel's smelting patch, it might be on you.

In early game you generally toss a lead plate and a tin plate into a chemical furnace for your early basic electronics board needs. Later on you use the fancy smelting stuff to mass produce em.

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Florian1024 »

All bugs with solder should be fixed with the last version 0.1.0 of the angel's smelting patch.

yujin1st
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yujin1st »

I launch new game (0.15, bobs+angels), but have same issue.

Frost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frost »

Badly wrote:I'm in the first steps of a B+A campaign, having played bob's extensively. I have the full suite of both Bob's and Angels including Petrochem, Metallurgy, and also Bio-Processing. I'm past all the red science, but I've hit a wall. With something I added they removed the original Solder plate recipe. It now goes Ore-Ingots-MoltenOre-Solder, but to get the Lead from ore to ingots requires Oxygen gas (this is the hurdle I can't get past), which is made in one of several buildings which each require Basic Electronic Boards which require the Solder I'm trying to make in the first place! The problem I have is that it appears you need Solder to actually MAKE any of the buildings that lead to Solder. I can't seem to find the next step. What am I missing?

TL,DR: How do I make Solder(or Oxygen Gas) in Angel's without already having Solder?
Not sure whether you have the right versions, but you are overthinking it. Merely tin and lead plate which you get from direct smelting of crushed ore. And you are trying to get the oxygen via electrolysis, right?

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Angel's doesn't disable the old Bob's mods recipe that takes lead plate and tin plate to make solder plate. Done in a metal mixing furnace. The fancy stuff that involves strand casting is later in the game. You won't get there without first bootstrapping the old fashioned way.

If you don't have Bob's, that might be the source of the issue.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

eformo wrote:Angel's doesn't disable the old Bob's mods recipe that takes lead plate and tin plate to make solder plate. Done in a metal mixing furnace. The fancy stuff that involves strand casting is later in the game. You won't get there without first bootstrapping the old fashioned way.

If you don't have Bob's, that might be the source of the issue.
If Bob's isn't enabled then there shouldn't be any Solder at all though.

Return to “Angels Mods”