[0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Galdoc
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Galdoc »

Hey! Glad you're back Kinnom.

A friend of mine was playing through with PCP, and when he got to the stage of making Rocket Fuel, there was a missing recipe, rendering the game in ... complete ... able. Uncompleteable? Is this even a word? Anyway, that. He doesn't remember what the actual chemical was, and neither do I, but it was somewhere in the chain. Is that something you've already fixed?

Thanks!

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Galdoc wrote:Hey! Glad you're back Kinnom.

A friend of mine was playing through with PCP, and when he got to the stage of making Rocket Fuel, there was a missing recipe, rendering the game in ... complete ... able. Uncompleteable? Is this even a word? Anyway, that. He doesn't remember what the actual chemical was, and neither do I, but it was somewhere in the chain. Is that something you've already fixed?

Thanks!
Is your friend playing with the latest version of PCP (0.0.7)?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Released version 0.0.8:
-Borrowed flask item from Py coal processing and added it to the ingredients for science pack 3 and up. Can be disabled in settings.
-Moved PMMA down to green science.
-The water-gas shift reaction now uses steam.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nice changes, waiting for link on mod portal
One question - why we can't evaporate pure water to get steam? :?: Why we can evaporate only common water?
Pure water has to give more steam than common water from lakes bcuz common water is some dirty by its nature ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

Sry if it has been posted befor, but i couldnt be bothered to read everything.
The name of "k-angels-advanced-chemistry-5" does not match the other names advanced-chemistries. I think it should be "Advanced Chemistry 5". It is also only costing red and green science, but "Advanced Chemistry 4" allready needs blue science.

€: Rename the technology to "k-angels-advanced-chemistry" solves the problem.
€2: Leave everything as it is but change it in the PCP.cfg from "k-angels-advanced-chemistry-5" to "k-angels-advanced-chemistry" and everything works perfectly.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

laku wrote:Sry if it has been posted befor, but i couldnt be bothered to read everything.
The name of "k-angels-advanced-chemistry-5" does not match the other names advanced-chemistries. I think it should be "Advanced Chemistry 5". It is also only costing red and green science, but "Advanced Chemistry 4" allready needs blue science.

€: Rename the technology to "k-angels-advanced-chemistry" solves the problem.
€2: Leave everything as it is but change it in the PCP.cfg from "k-angels-advanced-chemistry-5" to "k-angels-advanced-chemistry" and everything works perfectly.
I'll have a look at it when I have time.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

The cost of advanced chemistry 5 is indeed wrong, and will be upped in the next update.
Just to clarify about your issue with the name: is your language set to english in the game?

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

Yes it is set to english.
I somehow are not able to explain it well, put lets but it that way:
Change the local file, as i explain in my last post and you will be able to use that as a general name. So if you make a technology, call it "k-angels-advanced-chemistry-6", it will name itself automaticaly. Or in otehr words, the first part is the acctual name and "-number" just specifies the level of your technology.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

So I spent some time fixing those two things and I thought i can just share it with you, so you dont need to do the same work. For now it works as an addon to your mod.
Attachments
PCP-fix_0.0.1.zip
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

updated to 0.16

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Somehow the new version didn't upload the first time, sorry about that.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I have a question. What is the glass sink option? Could you provide a tooltip on the setting?

Cheers.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

ZombieMooose wrote:I have a question. What is the glass sink option? Could you provide a tooltip on the setting?

Cheers.
I bet it's the flask in science Packs but also playing with AAI so it could be from it.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi kinnom
For a very long time I have not heard anything about the development of ur project
Can ask for 1 fix - can u replace resource called aceton (from ur mod) to acetone-gas from angel's bio processing - there are very similar names causing confusion although in essence it is one and the same resource just incorrectly implemented, that is, and can't be used in angel's bio processing

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm
Hi kinnom
For a very long time I have not heard anything about the development of ur project
Can ask for 1 fix - can u replace resource called aceton (from ur mod) to acetone-gas from angel's bio processing - there are very similar names causing confusion although in essence it is one and the same resource just incorrectly implemented, that is, and can't be used in angel's bio processing
I'll fix it soon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Any new ideas for ur mod? New features?

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Hi,
a few things... love the mod, could you have the glass sinc as defaulted on, really makes the rest of the mod shine :D

I love the new plastic recipes (especially the symbiotic relationship between PMMA and the bakelite (angels T3) recipe), but can you please allow productivity in the appropriate steps (same as in angels... the step before the actual bar production), the PMMA and PVC recipes need to output waaay more than they are, the ABS plastic is nice, but falls behind without productivity.
The glass from PCP recipes are underwhelming, polycarb recipe is fantastic, and works well in conjunction with the T3 angels glass smelting, but again suffers from a lack of productivity and output.
Id love a new plastic recipe if you could integrate it... PLA (angel has 2 cellulose acetate pathways, and a bio-ethanol based plastic)
some more resin alternatives would be nice.

The one thing i am stuggling with at the moment, is lubricant, an alternative path would be nice, there are several lubricants used in industry... even a graphite based lubricant is an option :D
Also... could you please fix the few small localisation problems (glass sinc setting, and flask, being the main ones)

just noticed this has not been touched in a while...
I am planning on migrating my personal version to 0.17 when i upgrade... since the mod is MIT, i may be able to upload it to the portal with the fixes if Kinnom does not have time to continue... I may even make some of the updates i have suggested here if i have the time.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Been out of touch with Angel's for a while, if you update PCP please share.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by pezzawinkle »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PCPRedux

Sorry, could not really wait for the sharing, so i thought id drop the port for 0.17 as a new mod...

I hope i can make a few more tweaks to it in the coming months, i have some plans, but i may try to finish Kinnom's ideas first :D

Return to “Angels Mods”