[0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

DarkShadow44
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by DarkShadow44 »

@ Zombiee
Thanks for the temproary fix!

Also, the mod seems to have an dependency on bobplates for the glass recipe, it crashes without.

User avatar
Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Zombiee »

Bug Report - there are issues in /prototypes/updates.lua: None are new to this version, I believe they are inconsistencies introduced with the new Adv Gas refinery, rocket fuel recipes and bob's changes.

- recipe for nitrogen monoxide is prevented from unlocking
- recipe for nitric oxide added back in (removed in angelspetro)
- recipe for nitrogen dioxide reverted to previous ingredients)

- gas refinery Mk3 and Mk4 are prevented from unlocking
- adv gas refinery Mk2 prevented from unlocking
- adv gas refinery Mk4 unlocked (not unlocked in angelspetro

Bug (?) - electrolyser's power consumption is 10x the normal value

Solution/Fix:

Comment out or delete lines 4 through 63 inclusive (note - lines 16 and 38 are already commented, don't undo)
Paste the following code in somewhere

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("angels-advanced-chemistry-3", "cumene-process")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("angels-nitrogen-processing-2", "hydrogen-cyanide-synthesis")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("angels-nitrogen-processing-2", "acetone-cyanohydrin-synthesis")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("basic-chemistry-2", "water-gas-shift-reaction")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("basic-chemistry-2", "reverse-water-gas-shift-reaction")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("angels-advanced-chemistry-4", "bisphenol-a-synthesis")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("angels-advanced-chemistry-4", "methyl-methacrylate-synthesis")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("chlorine-processing-1", "phosgene-synthesis")
angelsmods.functions.OV.add_unlock("chlorine-processing-2", "vinyl-chloride-synthesis")
data.raw.recipe["liquid-plastic-3"].ingredients ={{type="fluid", name="gas-formaldehyde", amount=20},
												 {type="fluid", name="liquid-sulfuric-acid", amount=20},
												 {type="fluid", name="gas-phenol", amount=20}}
I don't understand exactly what's done here, or what's done in the lines I didn't touch. The added code I just copied from Angel a handful of posts ago and expanded it. I believe all the correct recipes and buildings unlock appropriately though.

If you trust me and changing code is scary, I've included my updates.lua file. Do with it what you will.
Attachments
updates.lua
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

User avatar
cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:34 am
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by cpy »

I think you are missing sodium sulfate recipe, i thought it was base angels part but synthetic glass is your thing right?

Galdoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 9:43 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Galdoc »

Hi!

I have a quick question, and though I've read everything prior to this, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the answer.

This mod looks fantastic; I loved the complexity of Angel's Petrochem already, and expanding on that seems like a great idea. My question is this: does this change already existing recipes / techs, or does it merely expand on what's already there? Is there a way to sort of summarize it? It took me a while to get my head around all the interconnected processes -- residues, synthesis gas, what on earth (or whatever planet the Engineer is on) acid gas is for, etc. -- and certainly I've still got more to digest ... but I am curious to what extent I need to relearn what I've already got by installing Petrochem Plus.

Thanks!

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:29 am
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by BlakeMW »

Galdoc wrote:Hi!

I have a quick question, and though I've read everything prior to this, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the answer.

This mod looks fantastic; I loved the complexity of Angel's Petrochem already, and expanding on that seems like a great idea. My question is this: does this change already existing recipes / techs, or does it merely expand on what's already there? Is there a way to sort of summarize it? It took me a while to get my head around all the interconnected processes -- residues, synthesis gas, what on earth (or whatever planet the Engineer is on) acid gas is for, etc. -- and certainly I've still got more to digest ... but I am curious to what extent I need to relearn what I've already got by installing Petrochem Plus.
Petrochem REPLACES the exiting chains for making plastics, acids, explosives and rocket fuel (and some other things) with much more complex and convoluted chains - everything above remains the same (think of it as pumpjacks through plastic gets replaced). There are usually relatively simple ways to get things done: for example plastic can be produced quite easily by making CO2 from coal and using methanol synthesis, or by using bioprocessing to make methonal then to propene to plastic.

User avatar
Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Zombiee »

BlakeMW wrote:Petrochem REPLACES the exiting chains
That's true for Angel's petrochem but not for petrochem plus. Petrochem plus basically adds more chemicals and recipes on top of what Angel has. They are generally of slightly higher efficiency and complexity. No ridiculous ratios here.

From memory, recipes are added for resin, rubber, plastic and glass.

Plastic from recipes that use (among other things) ammonia, chlorine, hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid and acetone jump to mind.

Short version - if you use PCP (and the fix) it won't break existing angel recipes, nor will it make them so poor as to be obsolete. It adds some new sinks for other gasses.

Galdoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 9:43 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Galdoc »

Gotchya. Thanks for the reply! I think I will try it out.

Also, you bring up my shame: though I am trying to use pellet-based metallurgy for all the materials, I still make my resin and rubber from raw wood gathered from Bob's Greenhouses ... I never could summon up the courage to make my primary source of it Petrochem. Maybe I should do that in the coming playthrough.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

Zombiee wrote:- adv gas refinery Mk4 unlocked (not unlocked in angelspetro
And how then to open advanced gas refinery mk4?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by kinnom »

I'm baaaaack!

Sorry about disappearing, life happened to me. Now back to PCP.

I've quickly updated the mod. Made it compatible again.
Tried to implement chemical warfare to make up for the delay. Got stuck on the code for the flamethrower turret. Sigh
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

duncans_pumpkin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by duncans_pumpkin »

Did you change plastic back to using the assembler for creating plastic bars?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use big counts ammonium sulfate? May be we can use it fertilizer recipe?
I'm sorry but i didn't saw any serious changes
Changelog?
Last edited by aklesey1 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by kinnom »

duncans_pumpkin wrote:Did you change plastic back to using the assembler for creating plastic bars?
I updated the plastic recipes to be more like angel's, if that is what you asked about.
aklesey1 wrote:Where to use big counts ammonium sulfate? May be we can use it fertilizer recipe?
Perhaps. Though I could also make a recipe to convert it to sodium sulfate.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

Stop stop - why u want to convert fertilizer to sodium sulfate? I would like that it was converted on the contrary
I have told that we have a frank surplus of this resource, he a pro-table is killed at the exit and methyl methacrylate doesn't allow to be produced or similar situation with nitrous oxide
About this gas...............
As far as I understand nitrous oxide too specific resource often to be used :shock: :?:
kinnom wrote:I updated the plastic recipes to be more like angel's, if that is what you asked about.
Another question where to use so many plastics? We produce more plastic than we can consume, it can is possible even to tell that the speed of production of plastic is a little overestimated if it is possible to be expressed so
The main consumer is electronics but sometimes we don't need many electronics, batteries can be temporary consumers for plastic but not forever
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

Its lookds like recipe - naphtha + vinil chloride is broken

Now - 5 naphtha + 30 vinil chloride
Must be - 50 naphtha + 30 vinil chloride

PCP modifying this recipe from petrochem
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by kinnom »

aklesey1 wrote:Stop stop - why u want to convert fertilizer to sodium sulfate? I would like that it was converted on the contrary
I have told that we have a frank surplus of this resource, he a pro-table is killed at the exit and methyl methacrylate doesn't allow to be produced or similar situation with nitrous oxide
About this gas...............
As far as I understand nitrous oxide too specific resource often to be used :shock: :?:
kinnom wrote:I updated the plastic recipes to be more like angel's, if that is what you asked about.
Another question where to use so many plastics? We produce more plastic than we can consume, it can is possible even to tell that the speed of production of plastic is a little overestimated if it is possible to be expressed so
The main consumer is electronics but sometimes we don't need many electronics, batteries can be temporary consumers for plastic but not forever
Still thinking about the ammonium sulfate.

The problem with PC and PMMA is that they a=were originally planned to only be used for glass. But the question is where to use the glass. The same goes for the planned PUR foam.'
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by kinnom »

aklesey1 wrote:Its lookds like recipe - naphtha + vinil chloride is broken

Now - 5 naphtha + 30 vinil chloride
Must be - 50 naphtha + 30 vinil chloride

PCP modifying this recipe from petrochem
not really, if you compare it to the 20+20->20 for polyethylene
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by kinnom »

Hang on, the science packs are in glass bottles. That's where I can use the glass.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

kinnom wrote:Hang on, the science packs are in glass bottles. That's where I can use the glass.
Just looks at Pyanodon coal processing - its really huge consumer of glass in his science packs - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=51730&p=303697#p303697 - discussion about patch for Angel's mods
And here's patch itself viewtopic.php?f=97&t=51967&p=303496#p303496
I'm testing this patch - all works good :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Mella »

kinnom wrote:I'm baaaaack!
Sorry about disappearing, life happened to me. Now back to PCP.
I've quickly updated the mod. Made it compatible again.
Tried to implement chemical warfare to make up for the delay. Got stuck on the code for the flamethrower turret. Sigh
The author of my favourite mod has returned :)
News? Plans?

User avatar
Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by Zombiee »

Kinnom,

I'm very happy that you've returned, your mod is a wonderful nightmare of pipe spaghetti that I need in my life.

I see that the power penalty to Angels Electrolysers was intentional (and I think I get why now), could you also penalize the bob's electrolysers by the same factor in future updates?
AkleseyQuote
The original recipe was 0.5 naphtha. So 5 is correct with the liquid expansion of version 0.15

Post Reply

Return to “Angels Mods”